So more Coach trying to make our lives difficult

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
It's not bad enough that Coach removes serial numbers from creeds, replacing them with an almost impossible to find tag/label buried inside a pocket or lining seam.

It's not bad enough that Coach makes bags in its 1941 collection with creeds and nonsense "serial numbers" that mean nothing!

It's not bad enough that Coach changed its mind and put serial numbers back on bags from which they'd removed them!

Now they're making bags with the same style number as each other but with different linings and different logos! (Well, scratch that.......it's not "now" that they're making them. They made these bags in 2014 but an authentication of one never came up until now.)

Bag in question is style 31623, Bleecker Sullivan:
With HAC logo:
31623 D1457-31623 vietnam signature lining front w-HAC .jpeg 31623 D1457-31623 vietnam signature lining front BAG 2.jpeg

With Coach logo: 31623 B1420-31623 China solid lining front COACH LOGO.jpeg 31623 A1420-31623 China solid lining front COACH LOGO.jpeg

CREEDS:
Signature lining: 31623 D1457-31623 vietnam signature lining creed BAG 3.jpeg
31623 D1457-31623 vietnam signature lining creed BAG 2.jpeg

Creed - solid lining:
31623 c1421-31623 Philippines solid lining creed.jpeg
31623 B1420-31623 China solid lining creed 2 COACH LOGO.jpeg

Funny I am actually using my loganberry Sullivan today so you got me interested in this matter. I looked at all 4 of mine (all bought nwt from Macy's or outlet). One has the signature logo and solid lining. Two have HAC logo and signature lining. And one has HAC logo and solid lining. You are right -- they make your job hard :sad:.

Reactions: americandreaming
I remember buying 2 of these at the outlet a while back weeks apart, 1 for me and 1 for mom. They were the grayish color, both had Signature lining but 1 had the embossed horse and carriage and a jumbo hangtag and the other just embossed coach with the 2 hangtags one silver one leather. I remember trying to decide which I wanted and which to give to mom. I've since sold mine so I can't refer to the serial number.
Just recently, I bought 2 Brooklyn Carryalls from Dillard, same style number and plant, but the black one was a couple months older and has the white tag and creed with no number and the fatigue has the new creed with number, no white tags.
I have 2 dinky 24 and both have that made up serial number on the creed but 1 has the white tag buried in the kiss lock pocket and the other has the white tag next to the made in tag.
I don't envy you authenticators!

I wonder why they'd do this nonsense. Although they don't "authenticate" per se, they do repairs and while they should be able to recognize whether a bag they take for repairs is genuine or not, all the differences among the same style, coupled with the close Filippino fakes has to make it difficult for Coach.

I wonder why they'd do this nonsense. Although they don't "authenticate" per se, they do repairs and while they should be able to recognize whether a bag they take for repairs is genuine or not, all the differences among the same style, coupled with the close Filippino fakes has to make it difficult for Coach.
And when I return a bag to the outlet, the manager looks inside for 2 seconds and the cashier processes the return... How can they tell so fast? It's not like they dig in there for the white tag...

And when I return a bag to the outlet, the manager looks inside for 2 seconds and the cashier processes the return... How can they tell so fast? It's not like they dig in there for the white tag...
And even if they did, I'm not sure they'd recognize a fake white tag. (YES, fakes often have white tags as shown below. And those fakes are pretty darned "good" too.) Note that this comp was prepared for someone who received a fake.
37500 coach swagger creed fake vs authentic 37500 swagger production tags.jpg

And even if they did, I'm not sure they'd recognize a fake white tag. (YES, fakes often have white tags as shown below. And those fakes are pretty darned "good" too.) Note that this comp was prepared for someone who received a fake.
View attachment 3695678
Wow scary!
Unrelated sort of but the last 2 deletes I bought were not bullseye stamped either. Is that a thing of the past too? It was in 2 different outlets, Gulfport MS and Orlando FL

I have two Bleecker mini duffles that have the signature lining. Creeds are D1493-32386 and E1481-32281. In searching for 32281 on ebay, some have the signature lining and creed numbers on the creed like mine. Here's a similar one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Bleek...369969?hash=item4b16e0abb1:g:BPIAAOSw5UZY~3lw

Others have no number on the creed and signature lining: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Coach-B...373295?hash=item236dc3556f:g:TzYAAOSwyKxXhWtJ

Still others have no number on the creed, and lining with spaced "Coach." http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-COACH-L...503055?hash=item2831c2354f:g:HMYAAOSwqu9VQnFl

I have two Bleecker mini duffles that have the signature lining. Creeds are D1493-32386 and E1481-32281. In searching for 32281 on ebay, some have the signature lining and creed numbers on the creed like mine. Here's a similar one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Bleek...369969?hash=item4b16e0abb1:g:BPIAAOSw5UZY~3lw

Others have no number on the creed and signature lining: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Coach-B...373295?hash=item236dc3556f:g:TzYAAOSwyKxXhWtJ

Still others have no number on the creed, and lining with spaced "Coach." http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-COACH-L...503055?hash=item2831c2354f:g:HMYAAOSwqu9VQnFl
Ugh!

It's not bad enough that Coach removes serial numbers from creeds, replacing them with an almost impossible to find tag/label buried inside a pocket or lining seam. It's not bad enough that Coach makes bags in its 1941 collection with creeds and nonsense "serial numbers" that mean nothing! It's not bad enough that Coach changed its mind and put serial numbers back on bags from which they'd removed them! Now they're making bags with the same style number as each other but with different linings and different logos! (Well, scratch that.......it's not "now" that they're making them. They made these bags in 2014 but an authentication of one never came up until now.)...

It seems like they are deliberately trying to make things easier for the fakers and harder for the customers!