So Katie Masters sent out the following contract to her bridesmaids . . . .

it was cool as a joke...but it also reminded me of the post of a gal here who was getting married and her bridesmaid who loved gothic style made that huge tattoo on her chest or somewhere as visible...the poor bride felt so bad about it and i do agree with that email in a way - that once you decide to be a bridesmaid , you do take some responsibilities on you and if you`re a good friend you should take into consideration the bride`s feelings if you have the idea of putting on half a stone when the bridesmaid`s dress is ready or style your hair into an 80ties punk... looking at the above example, this might happen...

I was just in a wedding and I am surprised the bride didn't make us all sign contracts! She turned into a huge bridezilla. She even kept her deathly ill dog alive with painful dialysis so it could walk down the aisle. Poor dog had to be dragged down. The dog passed away a few weeks after the wedding.

it was cool as a joke...but it also reminded me of the post of a gal here who was getting married and her bridesmaid who loved gothic style made that huge tattoo on her chest or somewhere as visible...the poor bride felt so bad about it and i do agree with that email in a way - that once you decide to be a bridesmaid , you do take some responsibilities on you and if you`re a good friend you should take into consideration the bride`s feelings if you have the idea of putting on half a stone when the bridesmaid`s dress is ready or style your hair into an 80ties punk... looking at the above example, this might happen...

Well, there's a difference between wearing a dress the bride wants, and basically signing your life and individuality over to someone simply cause it's "her day", and she feels the right to request unrealistic demands. People's lives shouldn't be revolving around a bride's whims.

^ Agreed.

I was ready to back out of my sister's wedding when her and my mom tried to stop me from cutting my hair (luckily they got over it quickly). You don't own your bridesmaids' bodies, and you need to evaluate why you're having them in your wedding in the first place. Of course, you can run your wedding however you want, but I sure won't be in a bridezilla's wedding. They can rent a model to be in my place!

this is the first time i heard or read about it. i was reading it and thought, "wow! i would hate to be her bridesmaid!" i'm glad that it was only a joke and not the real deal.

Oh my! If she demanded this much of FRIENDS can you imagine what her fiance must have been put through?
I just love it when people pass judgment on others and don't even know them. I know Katie very well; she is marrying my cousin Bob. She is one of the nicest and most laid back people you could ever meet. This was meant as a joke and has gotten blown TOTAL out of proportion. WHO ARE YOU TO SPECULATE OR EVEN COMMENT ON HOW SHE WOULD TREAT HER FIANCE? (She is wonderful to him BTW!) Try getting your facts straight before making a comment that makes you look ignorant and completely unaware of what you are talking about.

Yeah, sure seems like a lot of thought went into the details of this for it to be a "joke". She probably realized she WAS being a bridezilla and tried to brush it off.
I know Katie and IT WAS a joke from the very beginning. She is marrying my cousin and I have know her for 7 years. She is the polar opposite of Bridezilla! This really has just been blown out of proportion.