SO horrified about what I saw on CNN last night...

i saw a show once where bears had string pulled through their snout, i forget why people did this to them they diddnt give them anything for pain, they just forced a piece of metal with a string attached through their whole upper jaw and nose. it was sooo gross, the wound usually got soooo infected that the bears died. i forget what country it was but it was terrible.

The bear thing is so sad. It's outlawed because you can easily see the bear is in pain (the bear cries during the process).

There's some other town in China that had these illegal snake restaurants pop up, which caused a huge rat population surge (after a flood, then entire ground was covered by rats...every inch). It was after that when they started to really crack down on these restaurants.

Is anything being done to stop this cruelty? I remember many years ago reading about an activist who visited China in an effort to stop it. My heart broke for those poor, innocent bears.

^^
Me too, I dont think I can take it seeing the video.
Unfortunately, Chinese medicine that involves animals like this is a long tradition. As long as there is a market for it, these practices will not stop.