So frustrated. Second time I go to pick up repair empty handed

+1.

OP--if the bag was unacceptable to you when you first bought it, why didn't you exchange/return it then?

Like I said. I tried to do that. There is no return policy and when I tried to exchange it they told me it was normal and I settled. But I felt the whole time "wait, this isn't right" I've had had several Speedies over the years and it's actually not normal. I remembered them taking priced in how smooth these handles are rolled. I've been a LV customer for over a decade... Hope this answered your question

Like I said. I tried to do that. There is no return policy and when I tried to exchange it they told me it was normal and I settled. But I felt the whole time "wait, this isn't right" I've had had several Speedies over the years and it's actually not normal. I remembered them taking priced in how smooth these handles are rolled. I've been a LV customer for over a decade... Hope this answered your question

Sorry but you are not correct. DE bags have shown more or less wrinkles on the underside of rolled handles since the line was introduced. If you prefer perfectly smooth undersides, it is absolutely your right and you should indeed try to get a bag that matches your expectations. But the staff is correct, they are not playing you: it is normal.

I'm not saying that the bag in question is a low quality bag, but people who say "It's LV so either like it or buy another brand" is why LV thinks they can take advantage of their customers. The fact is they know they can get away with lowering the quality of the items and raising the prices just because they're LV. Pretty soon we'll be truly paying for JUST the name.

They don't even use leather on the buttons anymore on the small leather goods that have the "leather style" button. It's simply the synthetic lining that was previously only used on hidden parts of their wallets.

Absolutely. Absolutely. Absolutely. Exactly. I WANT to stay a loyal customer to LV after ALL these years. It breaks my heart to see how they are changing out their SUPERB quality to sooooo many people having issues. It's not just me. No. I'm not going to settle. I'm sorry. This is a LUXURY brand and I'm allowed to have higher expections for the pieces I get from them. I want the quality they used to have. They keep raising the prices on me so in my mind I can also keep my expectations high.

Sorry but you are not correct. DE bags have shown more or less wrinkles on the underside of rolled handles since the line was introduced. If you prefer perfectly smooth undersides, it is absolutely your right and you should indeed try to get a bag that matches your expectations. But the staff is correct, they are not playing you: it is normal.

Actually the one MANAGER who I finally talked to last time who sent it back in again for a second time told me herself it's not supposed to be sold to me like this. So no.
She also told me that there is pressure on the artesians to push out bags. Some people who works for LV (thank goodness) actually are aware what's going on with the demand affecting the quality. And I'm happy i finally met one who talks like the manager I had back in the day at my old store.

Actually the MANAGER who I finally talked to last time who sent it back in again for a second time told me herself it's not supposed to be sold to me like this. So no.

Well I can tell you that between 2000 and 2004 I have sold hundreds of DE bags with handles that look JUST like yours. And we called that normal.

If this is the new normal and you're not happy with it (I wouldn't be either) then get something else! I wouldn't settle. There are lots of other nice bags out there (LV and other brands) so find one that'll make you happy 😊

Yes. I think if this is the new normal for DE, I will go for a vachetta bag, bc I'm definitely getting a store credit not cash back. If I could get that I'd take that, and go back on my own time when I'm ready. For now, if it doesn't work out and I'll get a store credit, I'll get a speedy B in vachetta. I live in London so it sucks with the rain, but at least it won't do my head in as much as dealing with this bag. If I have to have this bag, I won't sign for it untill it's better. Funny thing is, it WAS smooth on first replacement. Just bent out of shape real bad

Well, shame on you then. I'm sorry.

Haha!! [emoji1][emoji1] on me?? I didnt make the bags and I sure didn't make the rules! And I never heard that kind of complains at the time... I think that's the age of the Internet. I hope you find a bag you love in the end, because that's all that matters... good luck!

Last edited:
I have several de bags with wrinkled handles. May not have happened twenty years ago, but it's happening now so you can either except LV for it or move on to another brand. Sometimes I think this is why LV customer service is getting so unhelpful.

I don't think every SA is turning unhelpful. I think some of the are frustrated with having to deal with so many complaints yes, but I also think that some of them are frustrated that these bags were sold out too and passed quality control. I think some customers are complete idiots who are rude to them and yell at them and treat them as slaves. I'm definitely not that customer. I sometimes feel like I get the "wall" bc they deal with a lot of these "privileged" customers and can't tell a difference from me to them, just like maybe I can't tell a difference between the SA who is "privileged" to be working there with his or her nose up the air, or the one who just had to deal with an a hole of a customer. That whole relationship is complicated. And as for moving on to a different brand. I think I already started with Chanel. But my love for LV has been strong over a decade, and a part of me doesn't want to give up my faith in them. Because I remember when they stood behind the word "perfection" and acted like a true luxury brand. That was before they what to me feels like "sold out" and became a machine where it's quantity over quality. To say: hey just move on to another brand if you're not happy isn't helping anyone. Not me or LV. Because trust me, one day they will shoot themselves in the foot, and the floor WILL be quiet. And they will have hundreds of bags they can't sell out, then they will need a new strategy. And that strategy even you might not like. It's like they can't keep up with themselves now. What I would like is actually to have higher standards as a customer so that maybe one day they can sit back and re evaluate. Will that ever happen? I do not know.
Not just my bag. But people are dealing flaking canvas, bubbling leather, rotten smells, glue, bad stitching (which LV RARELY ever had before!) and you don't think it's ok to say "hey, what's going on with you guys....?"

I have several bags where the handles have some wrinkles. They were sold to me that way. It's the underside of the handle, and it's likely going to get that way anyway from holding it, but if you aren't happy with it, then yes, absolutely get another bag.

I completely agree with you! Don't settle. I bought my husband an epi wallet thinking it was more durable and when i went to inspect it 2 months later the inside threading was coming apart. I asked my husband if he had noticed and he said he thought it was nml. I took it to the store and thank goodness they gave me a brand new one. Today I inspected my 1.5yr round key holder and the leather and canvas are coming apart bc of glazing issues. Now I have to go this weekend to the store. We can't keep letting them get away with this type of manufacturing. We are paying a good deal of money for these items. That are expected to last. At this point I'd be happy of something lasted more then a year. I have a totally from 2010 that looks so much better made then some of my newer pieces. This isn't good. I'm thinking of moving to another brand but LV has always had my heart.

Haha!! [emoji1][emoji1] on me?? I didnt make the bags and I sure didn't make the rules! And I never heard that kind of complains at the time... I think that's the age of the Internet. I hope you find a bag you love in the end, because that's all that matters... good luck!

I actually don't blame the SA's too much bc I do know that they have nothing to do with the production or quality control. In fact I talked to two SA's who told me it's frustrating for them with management and pressure on them. It's the top on the food chain that is the problem. Of course I know that. This is after all a money machine and a big business. But it's sad when SA's aren't honest with you and say: "hey, heads up, these bags tend to do this or that.Maybe this is a better choice." At least it's honesty. Not saying "oooooh that's normal" just to sell more and look good and now make commission. This goes for all brands not LV. THAT's my issues with those SA's. When I get an SA who is upfront with me, then at least I know what's up, and I can make my decision. The reason I said shame on you is because for a second there you sounded like one of THOSE SA's. But at the end of the day I can't judge you for how you do your job. I just wouldn't want to be your customer that's all. And hey, thanks! I hope so too. I have a feeling it will work out in the end. I don't know why. I think it's because I don't give up hope in my love for LV completely (yet, and hopefully never). If I'm offered another piece, and a have a good day I'm sorry about this, I'll be right back snooping around for other items. Only this time I WILL inspect in store and NOT buy if it's not up to my standard of LV. Lessons are learned every day.
Also, you know what I feel about you Fab. You're a passionate person who graze my posts with some hardcore challenges. But I wouldn't have it any other way. No bad blood here:smile: it will ALL work out! Merci for hoping it will work out;)

Edit: tons of crappy autocorrections. I probably didn't even edit all of them, even now. Yes the age of the Internet.

I completely agree with you! Don't settle. I bought my husband an epi wallet thinking it was more durable and when i went to inspect it 2 months later the inside threading was coming apart. I asked my husband if he had noticed and he said he thought it was nml. I took it to the store and thank goodness they gave me a brand new one. Today I inspected my 1.5yr round key holder and the leather and canvas are coming apart bc of glazing issues. Now I have to go this weekend to the store. We can't keep letting them get away with this type of manufacturing. We are paying a good deal of money for these items. That are expected to last. At this point I'd be happy of something lasted more then a year. I have a totally from 2010 that looks so much better made then some of my newer pieces. This isn't good. I'm thinking of moving to another brand but LV has always had my heart.

I gave them my heart, they still have it somewhere, they just keep poking at it lately. I am with you 1000%. If we dont voice our concerns, they will never know that something in their new machinery isn't working.
Who are the new artesians? Are they getting the training the older guys/ladies got back in the days? Is it about time management? Cost in eduction and classes and introduction of the brand? Who are they hiring? How is their training?
Yes it's made in France, Spain, USA, and Italy. But what training is given these days? Seriously. Some Michael Kors bags made in China are way better made. So who cares anymore where it's made? How about HOW it's made...? (I do actually care about that too though) Boy oh boy. The last piece I got that I am very happy with is my Noe BB from early last year. So it's definitely not ALL new bags. Which makes it even more frustrating. I just wish it was more consistent like before.. It's very well made. I feel like it was made by one of those guys/dolls who has worked at LV as a leather artesian for decades. I picture him with big thick glasses, a pipe and a comb over, with thick fingernails and a good round laugh. Or a French grandma with short curls, cloggs and a raspy voice from smoking cigarettes on breaks. *dream*
Also I'm sorry you are dealing with those things... Best wishes!!
I'm happy they replaced it for you❤️

I have several bags where the handles have some wrinkles. They were sold to me that way. It's the underside of the handle, and it's likely going to get that way anyway from holding it, but if you aren't happy with it, then yes, absolutely get another bag.

Thanks. I think I will. The DE coating being wrinkled feels like sand paper on my finger tips. Bah. Let's see how this goes. Hopefully it will aaaall work out in the end:smile:

i am sorry but this picture looks totally normal to me. Some handles have more or less wrinkles, but for louis vuitton that's totally normal. It's coated leather and that's what it does i the curved part of the handle. I think it's just your personal preference at this point. Maybe move on to another model or even another brand?
+1