So frustrated just trying to get a simple receipt!

May 4, 2010
Hi,
So I’ve decided to insure some of my luxury goods and part of that process involves having proof of the purchases. I called LV and got 2 receipts emailed to me. One was a US purchase from years ago. The other was a purchase in January of this year in Paris. For some reason they couldn’t get the receipt for the other item I purchased in Paris the next day. The rep said it could be her computer so she was putting in a request to have it physically mailed to me. Since I haven’t received anything, I decided to call back today and try again. Basically what happened was a nightmare.

Call #1 rep put me on hold 40 minutes and hung up on me, call #2 told the receipt was emailed to me and I should have it in 15-20 minutes (never arrived), #3 on hold and got hung up on before I got a rep, call #4 the rep told me it’s isn’t possible to email me the receipt. I have to send a letter via snail mail with all this info to get a copy mailed back.

I am so annoyed. I don’t understand how they can email me 1 paris receipt and not the other. Does anyone know another way to get this done that isn’t so complicated?

I also wanted copies of my receipts. I did end up sending via mail and was very happy with what I
received. It was a thorough listing of all of my purchases going back many years.

I would suggest going that route. It may take longer, but I think it will be more of what you are
looking for.

Good luck!

Would the insurance company be satisfied with credit card purchase records (ie the line item on your statement that likely says “Louis Vuitton store #123 $2,500.00”) rather than receipts?
I’m not sure. I’d have to ask but I’m guessing the receipt is better because it ties each specific item to an amount; as opposed to an amount attached to unspecified LV purchase

Reactions: acrowcounted
I also wanted copies of my receipts. I did end up sending via mail and was very happy with what I
received. It was a thorough listing of all of my purchases going back many years.

I would suggest going that route. It may take longer, but I think it will be more of what you are
looking for.

Good luck!

How did you accomplish this? Who/where did you send your request to?
Would be great to have receipts for all my purchases.
Thanks!

It has been a few years. I believe I just called customer service and asked where I would send such a
request. I am almost positive I mailed to a New York address, I probably took about six (6) weeks,
but when I received it was quite thorough. I live in Florida, but love to travel. When traveling, I like to
purchase a little something. It had all of my purchases whether from New York, Texas, etc. I was impressed.

Reactions: beachbag
It has been a few years. I believe I just called customer service and asked where I would send such a
request. I am almost positive I mailed to a New York address, I probably took about six (6) weeks,
but when I received it was quite thorough. I live in Florida, but love to travel. When traveling, I like to
purchase a little something. It had all of my purchases whether from New York, Texas, etc. I was impressed.

Thank you! It would be great to have all of mine too.