So angry at myself!

They just passed that law in Chicago not too long ago. I 'think" the first ticket you get is $50.00, but if you are involved in an accident while on your cell, it is a $350.00 ticket above and beyond all other tickets....

Has anyone around this area gotten caught? I bought a BlueTooth ear piece so I use that when I am in town. It hurts my ear a little but not as much as a ticket would hurt my pocketbook!!!!

It is just one of those laws that completely makes sense- but if you get busted for it you realyl do wonder why they aren't taking care of some real problems we have in this world... :Push:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Do you think the ticket will make you stop? I think people do a lot worse off things in their car than cellphone usage to hinder their driving.

I'm sorry to hear that Denise.

We haven't had a law like that here but I've been wanting to get a headset (even though I only talk on my cell phone about 2 times per month lol).

That sucks, Denise!!! Yeah, I'd be agonizing over what I could have spent the money on, too. There aren't any cell phone laws in Nebraska yet. It's funny because I see our cops driving around town, talking on their cell phones all the time!

Even though we don't have any laws here, I still use a headset whenever I'm in the car.

Megs said:
It is just one of those laws that completely makes sense- but if you get busted for it you realyl do wonder why they aren't taking care of some real problems we have in this world... :Push:

I completely agree. :wlae: (This smiley has nothing to do with the post, i just wanted to use it)

My theory about traffic tickets is that at some point your number comes up and no matter how good a driver you are, you get a ticket for something...happens to everyone..but it sucks when that person is you.