sniping -- love it or hate it?

^^^lol thanks. No, I have never paid actually. I have always had "free ones". And I don't Ebay that much and if I do buy something, it's usually a BIN. I sell and that's pretty much it. :smile: But, good to know, thanks for the heads up! :smile:

i wouldn't pay for that service...i usually check the time and see if i will be around to bid at the last min if not i put in my max bid if i win great if not oh well

i love sniping myself, but when other people do it and i lose to them...not so much.

but as a seller without any bids on my items, i often do get worried until the last minute sniping begins!

ebay is starting to do their own too...personally i hate it...i prefer the good ole fashioned bidding war, somehow i feel cheated when folks use those sniping services...

What is sniping exactly?:shame: And how does a service work? TIA!

It's a service you can use that will put in a bid for you at the last few seconds of the auction.

It's nice for buyers so you can get the items for a lower price (sometimes) but for sellers, it can get annoying because being the cheapskates they are (some, not all), bidders WANT to keep the prices low.
It's annoying sometimes, I want to keep my starting prices low to increase interest, then I get only one bidder and have to sell the item for a ridiculously low price. If I had anything designer though I'd definitely be using the reserve option.

Ohhh! I try that last minute thing all the time, BUt it never works out for me to get that good price!!! I did not know there was a service for that. Good to know! Thanks!

^You're welcome! It usually doesn't work out for me but a couple of times I've been lucky.
I just www.justsnipe.com on a recommendation from Swankymama (I'm pretty sure it was her anyway hehe). It's nice because I don't snipe all the time and they give you a few credits...then they're refreshed every Friday so I've never had to pay for the service.

I LOVE snipping!!! Back when I was trying to restore my Fenton glass collection from a housefire lots of pieces I wanted were hard to find collector's type. I kept on getting outbid. Then when I had my Gymboree phase with my daughter it was awful. Then I found my sniper and LOVE it. It prevents my competitive nature from coming out and getting into a bidding war and paying wayyyy too much for something. Getting outbid ticks me off and I get too competitive. Snipping has acutally saved me money because I just don't do that anymore. I see something I want, put it on my watch list, enter it into the snipper with the max amount I will pay and forget about it. I used to use auction sniper too, but with how much I buy it was too expensive. I use bidnapper now and love it, I have better wining results with it too.

I do manual sniping the old fashioned way on a dial-up connection to boot. My proudest snipe was getting in my bid at 0 min and 0 sec of auction end this way. :yahoo: For me it's the only way to put in your real maximum and still have a good chance of walking away satisfied even if you don't win. I also stalk my competitors who have already bid to see if they snipe as well. :graucho:

I love it when the increments go up $5 per bid but by sniping, I win by just $1 over the last bidder - I could hear my competition screaming. :supacool:

Do sniping programs bid within 1 sec to spare?

Petite_Chic you must have a better dial-up connection than I do. The only way I can win an auction anymore is to use a sniping service. Love to snipe as a Buyer but it is nerve wracking as a Seller!:sweatdrop: