smoking mad... ebay dilemma

Wow, I can't believe some people these days. This really scares me, too – you think people would know better than to lie on their description form (i mean, what did she think – that you wouldn't notice the wear and tear?!)

Hope you'll get your money back soon and without further harm.

thanks jenny... I do have faith in paypal. I decided this morning I'm not even going to acknowledge her messages, let her sit and stew. I'm not giving her another ounce of my energy, kwim?

Yes, I wouldn't either. Everything that needs to be said is already said from your side. I mean she is clearly on the weaker side with absolutely NO arguments whatsoever, so just be cool.
:supacool:

Buying on evilbay is like playing body-part roulette: sometimes you get the a$$haul. I'm sorry you bumped into a stinking one, gypsybiker.

Have you mailed the item back to her? There's no mention of that here, and from what you said earlier, she relisted it even though she didn't have it. Do you still have it?

omg what a witch!! i can't believe she would do that. what a horrible seller. i looked at the auction she relisted, thank god you warned us cause i might have bid or BIN! i hope things get worked out, keep us updated!!!

pursemonkey, your avatar is the CUTEST omg!!! i LOLed at it!

Buying on evilbay is like playing body-part roulette: sometimes you get the a$$haul. I'm sorry you bumped into a stinking one, gypsybiker.

Have you mailed the item back to her? There's no mention of that here, and from what you said earlier, she relisted it even though she didn't have it. Do you still have it?

Oh she has it, I returned it last week and used signature confirmation. She received it on Thursday.

I ask because given the "difference in perception"--she claiming the thing is in excellent condition, you and your husband saying is roadkill--I was wondering if you took detailed photos of the item before you sent it back.

Well, don't let it give you an ulcer. It ain't worth your health. She did take it back, did not refuse delivery, plus she relisted it right away, so I think it will turn out OK. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you gp.

ITA! file the claim with PP and just let it go from there, in the most professionaly manner as possible. paypal should back you up, it might take a while, but it is there for a reason and it does cover a$$es when needed. :tup:

^Yup I would file a claim too. There are a bunch of times that sellers are not very honest with the condition of their items. You shouldn't have to deal with this mess. Let paypal deal with it.

Sorry you had to go through this!