smoking mad... ebay dilemma

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a MBMJ wallet in Fire and the seller described it as "gently used, carried twice". My DH says she would be right if she meant she backed a car over it twice. Needless to say, this wallet arrived with an ink stain (undisclosed) and grime all around the edges.

I contacted her, expressing my dissatisfaction, and she told me to return the wallet, which I did. The signature confirmation verified that she received the wallet yesterday. I contacted her this morning requesting my paypal refund.

I came home tonight to find that she did not even reply to my ebay message, but had time to relist the wallet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120292277186&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr3_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=120287924104&itemcount=3&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D3

I emailed her and told her that if I don't receive a refund by tomorrow, I will contact paypal and ebay, and that I'm sure they would find it interesting that she is reselling something she did not refund me for.

I am so livid!

2. wow that sucks. what a cheapskate!

3. Wow! She'd better refund that ASAP!! What is wrong with some people?? Keep us posted - I'm sure ebay and Paypal will be on your side. Glad you had signature verification! So sorry this is happening to you and GL!!

4. ^thanks nessahhh... I am so anti ebay these days... I have gotten some very nice bags over the years, and met a lot of nice sellers, but this is the third return (in about 2 wks) that I've done over someone blatantly lying about a product.

5. File a Paypal chargeback againt her. That usually gets their attention. :cursing:

6. wow... i am really sorry about your seller, it's horrible that they do things like this.
    i hope you'll get your money back soon.

7. I am so pissed. My Sicilian BFF, when she used to get mad (she passed away in '05) would say, in her Bronx accent "I wanna hear his/her bones break"

Thats about how I feel right now!

8. Dont worry, you'll get your money back! dont forget to leave her negative feedback! Just save all the info and submit it to paypal-it might take some time tho, paypal will contact the seller and wait for the sellers response!

9. Cindi, thanks for the advice. I just filed the Paypal chargeback.

10. Yet another ebay horror story--yikes! What is with sellers these days??
    Sorry this happened to you repeatedly!
    I was annoyed when they changed the policy so that sellers couldn't leave negative feedback, but now I see one reason for this, with all these shady sellers out there.

11. Would you mind posting the relisted item in the "auction to be weary of thread"? TIA:heart:

12. ^sure thing jacy!

13. I'm sure gypsybiker is both weary and wary of that relist!!
    :biggrin:

14. for the umpteenth time, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!"

15. Oh, lol. . .yeah, need to make sure I proof before I hit submit:shame: