Smelly Uggs

hippychick no waterproofing spray wont matter, you might want to recoat them afterward though.

Trolley-dolly in Australia all sheepskin lined boots wool or synthetic wool are called uggs regardless of who makes them. I'm guessing you girls are referring to the UGG brand, there was a big kuffel over here awhile ago about the UGG company using the name ugg as it is considered a type of shoe over here not a brand name and the UGG company was trying to stop other brands from using the name.

LOL I never realised I knew so much random info about uggs

I'm definitely going to try throwing a pair into the wash. They are pretty old anyway and I have 3 pairs, so if something happens, I won't be devastated... oooh I'm excited. I'll let you girls know what happens!!!

I occasionally take a damp cloth with some mild soap and rub down the insides and follow that with a damp cloth with no soap. I've never had a problem with mine smelling, though, either before or after the "washing". You might want to have a clean nylon sock with baking soda in it that you can put into each boot overnight. That way you can have the odor-eating benefit of baking soda without putting it directly into the boots.

I've also washed mine for years. This time though it didn't remove the foot smell. I put bounce dryer sheets in them and air dryed them and they smell so much better. They did fade a bit though.

Put them in the washer. If it's 100% wool, it shouldn't stink. When I was travelling, I did not wash my merino wool top for 3 months and I wore them almost eveyday. It didn't smell but I washed it anyway cos i feel bad....

well, I threw a pair of mine it in the washer because I was just curious how it would remove the stains (. And I'm really happy, they were too loose for me and now they fit perfect and fluffier, they dry a bit hard (and I have very hard water where I live too), so you have to brush the suede. I sprayed them and now they're good to go. I didn't have any smell problem so I wouldn't know about that, but I'm happy with the results.

Trolley-dolly in Australia all sheepskin lined boots wool or synthetic wool are called uggs regardless of who makes them. I'm guessing you girls are referring to the UGG brand, there was a big kuffel over here awhile ago about the UGG company using the name ugg as it is considered a type of shoe over here not a brand name and the UGG company was trying to stop other brands from using the name.

:yes:

It's amazing how many people seem to (wrongly) think that UGG are the genuine article and that all other ugg boots (made by other brands) are fakes, isn't it? I'm sure UGG would be very pleased to hear that...

What UGG tried to do, is like me starting a wellington boot company and calling it 'Wellingtons' and then trying to prevent anyone else from describing their rubber rain boots as '[insert brand name] wellingtons'! Or starting a mini-skirt making company and calling it 'Mini' and then trying to prevent all other companies from using the term 'mini' to describe their short skirts! Insane! :wacko:

Of course, there probably are genuine fake UGG brand ugg boots (if you KWIM? :upsidedown: ) knocking about (i.e. ones that steal the specific UGG branding), too; but that's another matter. :biggrin:

Chloe its totally bizarre isnt it! I personally dont think 'UGG' should have been allowed to use the name... and to top it off the so called ''Ugg Australia" brand is owned by an American company called Deckers outdoor and made in China :weird:LOL

Chloe its totally bizarre isnt it! I personally dont think 'UGG' should have been allowed to use the name... and to top it off the so called ''Ugg Australia" brand is owned by an American company called Deckers outdoor and made in China :weird:LOL

You are completely right! haha
I went to a Decker's store that was all UGGs (ugg australia)...

however, I feel as though ugg australia boots are the best quality (even though some SUCK).. out of the sheepskin boots I have tried

I have a daughter with very smelly feet. I have found that if you wad up newspaper and stuff it into her Uggs or other shoes for that matter, it really helps take the smell out. I have also sprayed the Uggs with Oust and that seemed to help somewhat.

Feet will smell better if you put vinegar in your bath and if you take Chlorophyll tablets (available at a health food store.)