Small VS Teen Jodie?

dearbag

Jan 18, 2022
Hi all! Thinking the Jodie in either the small size or the teen size. I am small and petite (5’3” and ~100 lbs/44 kg) so I thought the teen would be a good size. But when I tried it on, the teen feels awkward and tight on the shoulder. Small feel much more comfortable.

For those who have the teen, will it relax to the point that it feels so comfortable on your shoulder?

Reactions: fabdiva
Hi all! Thinking the Jodie in either the small size or the teen size. I am small and petite (5’3” and ~100 lbs/44 kg) so I thought the teen would be a good size. But when I tried it on, the teen feels awkward and tight on the shoulder. Small feel much more comfortable.

For those who have the teen, will it relax to the point that it feels so comfortable on your shoulder?
I'd like to know as well. I tried on one today. Doesn't fit comfortably on my shoulder.

Reactions: dearbag
I have the small and it is such a difficult bag to get things in and out of I can’t imagine dealing with a smaller version. I don’t consider it a large bag at all, just larger than the teen. The handle drop is just one consideration because the opening is really annoying. I bought this bag hoping it would work like my old Venetas…still prefer the Venetas.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Theres a denim leather teen jodie available for pre order. I think you just talked ne out of it.
I have the small and it is such a difficult bag to get things in and out of I can’t imagine dealing with a smaller version. I don’t consider it a large bag at all, just larger than the teen. The handle drop is just one consideration because the opening is really annoying. I bought this bag hoping it would work like my old Venetas…still prefer the Venetas.

IMG_0149.jpg

Reactions: Evergreen602
I have both the small and the teen. If shoulder carry is important to you, go for the small. I can barely get the teen on my shoulder before it slides off. The Jodies relax more quickly than the Venetas, but my teen has not relaxed enough to work for shoulder wear. I ruled out shoulder wear going in, and purchased to wear mostly on the crook of my arm and maybe some hand carry.

Hi,

I’m 5’3 small size and had a similar experience when I tried the teen and small. It wasn’t just the handle but the shape as the proportions seemed a bit off. The small felt a lot better and shape wise, had the old Veneta drape look to it. Maybe the bag I tried had been tried on a lot because the weave was a bit loose and you could see a lot of gaps. Ended up passing on both and found a pre-loved Veneta instead

The Venetas are so much better with the classic-sized weave though I think the knot on the Jodie is really cute. I like that suede version, too but worry about keeping it clean.

I also noticed the Jodie relaxed almost immediately because of the bigger weave but the gaping doesn’t bother me. Can you tell I really have mixed feelings about this style?!

I'm 5'4" 115 lbs and own a Teen Jodie. It's true that Teen size felt pretty awkward at first, it didn't stay put on my shoulder. But after several uses, it got soften and it now sits quite well and comfortable on my shoulder.

I was recently in this predicament and went with the Small. The SA told me that there will, over time, likely be a bit of a drop with the Teen as it relaxes. However, it was clear to me when trying on that the Small Jodie is absolutely made for shoulder wear…and *wow* is it comfortable! If you are ok with the larger size and plan on shoulder wear, go for the Small!

I couldn’t love the Small bag more, but have not ruled out the Teen at some future point for hand/arm carry.

I was recently in this predicament and went with the Small. The SA told me that there will, over time, likely be a bit of a drop with the Teen as it relaxes. However, it was clear to me when trying on that the Small Jodie is absolutely made for shoulder wear…and *wow* is it comfortable! If you are ok with the larger size and plan on shoulder wear, go for the Small!

I couldn’t love the Small bag more, but have not ruled out the Teen at some future point for hand/arm carry.
I really hope they do the small in a denim. I can't do the mini or Teen.

I'm 5'4" 115 lbs and own a Teen Jodie. It's true that Teen size felt pretty awkward at first, it didn't stay put on my shoulder. But after several uses, it got soften and it now sits quite well and comfortable on my shoulder.
I am 4'10" and looking to wear this on my shoulder however worried that the small might look too big on my frame. Thank you for this comment! If you don't mind posting a photo of you wearing your jodie teen I would love to see how it looks!

I am 4'10" and looking to wear this on my shoulder however worried that the small might look too big on my frame. Thank you for this comment! If you don't mind posting a photo of you wearing your jodie teen I would love to see how it looks!
Hi there,
I attached some photos of me wearing the Teen Jodie below. I actually regretted not getting the Small one at first. But then the Teen grew on me. Then I realized the Teen size is actually more versatile because I can carry it in the crook of my elbow too, the Small would be too big to do so.

Screenshot_20221129_005244_Gallery.jpg

IMG_20221129_005032.jpg

IMG_20221129_005040.jpg

Hi there,
I attached some photos of me wearing the Teen Jodie below. I actually regretted not getting the Small one at first. But then the Teen grew on me. Then I realized the Teen size is actually more versatile because I can carry it in the crook of my elbow too, the Small would be too big to do so.

View attachment 5660945

View attachment 5660946

View attachment 5660947
Thank you so much! I was set on getting the small based on the lovely comments on this thread but this is making me think again due to my frame. Looks good on you! Lovely photos of your travel btw!

Thank you so much! I was set on getting the small based on the lovely comments on this thread but this is making me think again due to my frame. Looks good on you! Lovely photos of your travel btw!
Thank you Olivia. I hope those photos help! Also, you can look into this IG account fashionhurricanebyv, she poses with the Teen Jodie a lot. It can give you more ideas about the size and how to wear it