Small vs full size wallet?

hm if u dont have many cards, u can go for mini size. I love my MC sarah but sometimes its bit too heavy and it wont go with small bag for quick shopping. the bigger wallet, the heavier they tend to get lol

I was having this same dilemma. I went to my shop to check out my options of the mediums. I was looking at the ZCW when I thought of the Milla. I don't need a ton of slots (tight slots actually hurt my fingers and nails lol) so I wanted to see about this clutch. There is the Alcantra lining and one side pocket. My 7 cards will fit nicely in the pocket while my cash and receipts will sit nice and flat in the big section. This section is big enough for my iPhone 5 and a lippy, too. The GORGEOUS chain fits beautifully over my shoulder for the grab n go moments. The chain also slides inside and the whole Milla fits in my Eva!!! A full sized wallet that acts as a purse/clutch that fits into my fave Eva. LVoe!!

I'm purchasing on Monday!

Ive just had similar problem. I was using a white murakami port tresor. But I've begun to find it a little cumbersome. I've just swapped my bags over and am using my kusama speedy. Anyway I decided I needed a small monogram wallet. I've been and tried them all today. The origami I was amazed that such a small thing has space for 22 cards the coin pouch was adequate and as long as u don't mind folding your notes in half worked great. Zippy coin purse was great too but alot less card slots but handy. Tried a few other mid size wallets. Then the joey wallet caught my husbands eye in black murakami. This I fell totally in love with. Huge zip coin area. Space for 9 cards another space for receipts and the another picture slot to store your beloved all with cerise pink interior. Complete in a small but perfectly formed body. Was the most expensive but most perfect. I went in for a " try before I buy" before I decided. Seemed Hubster had other ideas and just told Sebastian " we will take that one ". Startled but happy. I guess it's all down to what exactly you want it to do. I did like the zippy vernis but Sebastian told me they're not very good for " everyday " use as they tend to go dull and damage easily !

I have to say that this was the MOST informative thread. I have an old style zippy compact wallet that I love (preloved that I don't think was ever used). It only has 4card slots. I was thinking about the Josephine and ZCP so this has helped me decide where to go from medium to large and down to the small.

I was having this same dilemma. I went to my shop to check out my options of the mediums. I was looking at the ZCW when I thought of the Milla. I don't need a ton of slots (tight slots actually hurt my fingers and nails lol) so I wanted to see about this clutch. There is the Alcantra lining and one side pocket. My 7 cards will fit nicely in the pocket while my cash and receipts will sit nice and flat in the big section. This section is big enough for my iPhone 5 and a lippy, too. The GORGEOUS chain fits beautifully over my shoulder for the grab n go moments. The chain also slides inside and the whole Milla fits in my Eva!!! A full sized wallet that acts as a purse/clutch that fits into my fave Eva. LVoe!!

I'm purchasing on Monday!
Interesting suggestion ... Thanks

Just to add my .02. I don't even have a wallet right now, so let me tell you about my crazy organizational system.

I have a Fendi cles that I use for cards. I have everything in there from my debit card and license to my CVS and Winn Dixie rewards cards. I hardly ever carry cash on me, but when I do, I just fold it up and put it in the cles. I used to have my keys attached to it permanently as well, but then when I got my Neverfull, it was much easier for me to just attach the cles to the d-ring and then put the keys in a pouch. The keys on the d-ring was weighing it down WAY too much and I needed to remove them to avoid an issue with the leather piping around the top. The part of this whole system that was really irritating was what to do with coins (because sometimes I do pay in cash and need change). So I started keeping my vintage LV kiss lock coin purse in my bag, and putting coins in there. Well, because I keep my cles attached to my d-ring, during work hours when I'm running to the cafe across the street or whatever it is, like if I decide to leave my big bag at home for a quick errand, it's annoying to always have to attach and unattach my cles. So I started keeping my driver license, debit card and cash in the coin purse, since the coin purse is actually double sided so I can keep coins in one side and then cards/cash in the other. So now I'm all over the place, not to mention a checkbook in the pocket of my Neverfull, which I don't love to keep in there.... This doesn't even cover saving a single receipt because where would I put it? Let alone carrying around any pictures or other cute things that people put in their wallets. Whew..... it's a lot right!? :faint: :sweatdrop:

Well... I really wanted a wallet for my one year wedding anniversary with my husband. I am in love with the Black Multicolore Zippy and am seriously coveting one. Unfortunately it is really not in our budget right now, so I am putting it on the back burner for the future. One of my biggest criteria was the ability to have something large enough that I could use as a clutch, that way when I go out I don't have to take everything out of my wallet to put in a smaller wallet inside of a small bag. That is how I circumvented that problem of needing a big wallet and a small wallet. I started a thread asking for some opinions on wallets and a lot of people did mention that they love the ZCW and ZCP, but in the end I just know that when I do make my purchase I will be going for the Zippy or Insolite. In the end I did get a wallet as an anniversary gift, a Tory Burch zip wallet that has the same zipped up look as the LV Zippy, only with a more affordable price tag for my needs right now. I know I won't regret getting a bigger wallet, it will hold everything I need and I never have to worry about having a clutch or forgetting something in my wallet when transferring again. Now that I have a big wallet, I may be back for something like a ZCP in the nearer future (less expensive), and perhaps I would figure out something else to keep in there. But I would say, if a person doesn't already have a medium-big size wallet, that should come first and then something smaller. I tried making it work for years with just smaller wallets/coin purses and (at least for me) it just doesn't work!

Just to add my .02. I don't even have a wallet right now, so let me tell you about my crazy organizational system.

I have a Fendi cles that I use for cards. I have everything in there from my debit card and license to my CVS and Winn Dixie rewards cards. I hardly ever carry cash on me, but when I do, I just fold it up and put it in the cles. I used to have my keys attached to it permanently as well, but then when I got my Neverfull, it was much easier for me to just attach the cles to the d-ring and then put the keys in a pouch. The keys on the d-ring was weighing it down WAY too much and I needed to remove them to avoid an issue with the leather piping around the top. The part of this whole system that was really irritating was what to do with coins (because sometimes I do pay in cash and need change). So I started keeping my vintage LV kiss lock coin purse in my bag, and putting coins in there. Well, because I keep my cles attached to my d-ring, during work hours when I'm running to the cafe across the street or whatever it is, like if I decide to leave my big bag at home for a quick errand, it's annoying to always have to attach and unattach my cles. So I started keeping my driver license, debit card and cash in the coin purse, since the coin purse is actually double sided so I can keep coins in one side and then cards/cash in the other. So now I'm all over the place, not to mention a checkbook in the pocket of my Neverfull, which I don't love to keep in there.... This doesn't even cover saving a single receipt because where would I put it? Let alone carrying around any pictures or other cute things that people put in their wallets. Whew..... it's a lot right!? :faint: :sweatdrop:

Well... I really wanted a wallet for my one year wedding anniversary with my husband. I am in love with the Black Multicolore Zippy and am seriously coveting one. Unfortunately it is really not in our budget right now, so I am putting it on the back burner for the future. One of my biggest criteria was the ability to have something large enough that I could use as a clutch, that way when I go out I don't have to take everything out of my wallet to put in a smaller wallet inside of a small bag. That is how I circumvented that problem of needing a big wallet and a small wallet. I started a thread asking for some opinions on wallets and a lot of people did mention that they love the ZCW and ZCP, but in the end I just know that when I do make my purchase I will be going for the Zippy or Insolite. In the end I did get a wallet as an anniversary gift, a Tory Burch zip wallet that has the same zipped up look as the LV Zippy, only with a more affordable price tag for my needs right now. I know I won't regret getting a bigger wallet, it will hold everything I need and I never have to worry about having a clutch or forgetting something in my wallet when transferring again. Now that I have a big wallet, I may be back for something like a ZCP in the nearer future (less expensive), and perhaps I would figure out something else to keep in there. But I would say, if a person doesn't already have a medium-big size wallet, that should come first and then something smaller. I tried making it work for years with just smaller wallets/coin purses and (at least for me) it just doesn't work!
Thank u for ur response.... I know that it would make so much sense to buy a wallet from any other designer, but I've always been a matchy -matchy king of gal.( hate that about myself)... I really want a monogram wallet to match my mono NF :sad: with that said I am drawing the line at 500 dlls.

I have to see the ZCP, Emilie W and insolite cp in person...... I am still debating. it all comes down to what I like best when I see them I person.
I will be making the Long trip to the LV boutique this coming weekend...

I really appreciate all of the suggestions thus far !!!!!

Wonderful choice! And we are wallet twins! I love love my red Emilie. I've been using her every single day for nearly a year and she looks brand new. I also own the ZCP but don't use her much. Enjoy!!

Lovely choice! Just in case anyone is having this dilemma again, I discovered a wallet at Henry Bendel's that has the same relative size and design as the insolite. I've been using it knowing that I am a large wallet person (big purse + small wallet = lost CC!) but not knowing if I wanted a zippy, Sarah or insolite. I have found that a lot of designers have similar styles to the other two, but finding something like the insolite was tough. Emilie and Josephine are so beautiful and unique I wouldn't know where to find a "trial one" of those!