Small things that make you happy!

So pretty!
Yes! I'm waiting for my white lilacs to bloom a little more before cutting them. I gotta say though...the white lilacs are more fragrant than the purple. I assumed it would be the other way around. Either way, I LOVE the smell of fresh lilacs...so intoxicating!! My husband, not so much so he hates this time of year. :blah:

Yes! I'm waiting for my white lilacs to bloom a little more before cutting them. I gotta say though...the white lilacs are more fragrant than the purple. I assumed it would be the other way around. Either way, I LOVE the smell of fresh lilacs...so intoxicating!! My husband, not so much so he hates this time of year. :blah:
That's interesting.
Why does your DH hate the fragrance? :sad:Too feminine? Too fragrant?

I love this thread. Makes me appreciate the simple things in life. Thank you.

Also this mothers day card from my son (6 yo). He knows me so well. Ahha (I wish i could buy 100 purses with $1000 haha) View attachment 5404326
Ok, but can we talk about this "cold noodles"?
Japanese? Korean? I think Chinese have them too? When the weather gets hot I can't eat much, so I just end up eating various cold noodles most of the season.

Bibim Guksu would have been perfect with this 33 C weather in Canada.
Oh totally! That's one of the tings I make a lot. Kimchie version or only hot sauce version. If you're not vegetarian, eat it with side of pork belly.

You should try hiyashi chuka, super healthy Japanese cold noodle. My partner always makes it for me.
Or if you want more Korean, try making the naengmyeon :smile: