small Drew bag yes/no?

freja.chunyw

Mar 1, 2019
I noticed this bag since Fall 2014, but I was a student and couldn't afford such expensive bag. So I even went to Zara and bought a similar one! ;p

Now I'm considering order a size small in color white (I'm 5 ft 2, and the small size is approximately as same as that zara one so I think it will work for me).

Is there any pros and cons or any experiences you could share with me? Or is there any better alternatives?(such as Loewe mini hammock?)

Thank you! ;)

It's a beautiful bag. I dont own one but I've seen tons of videos on it. Classic style & good size. The only con people have is the lock is annoying to open ... depends on your style too. Try on in store if able. Good luck!

I have the bag in cement pink. The bag is very cute, but I sometimes I regret my purchase...
I think the color doesn't suit me. I have the bag in cement pink but I not really a "girly" person. I wanted to buy the bag in the off white color but it was a limited edition (I think it became permanant now).
The closure is not pratical, but I think the closure makes the bag look cute. The hardware of the closure of my bag gets scratched easily. Also the strap is not very confortable to me.
Maybe if I had the off white or the back, I would loved the bag more.

Reactions: Kat10
I love the design of the Drew and it‘s classic style but I wasn‘t sure about the wear and tear.

Many of the preloved bags I have seen look pretty worn-down especially the suede ones.

The leather is soft and slouchy and the look of it is lovely but it tends to wear out.

Also the chain is quite uncomfortable though I can‘t deny that over all the bag looks awsome.

So I decided to pass because I was afraid I would regret my purchase after a few months or years of wear.

With the release of the Drew Bijou last year all my doubts have been eliminated. I love the leather strap and the structure of the bag itself bit still the hardware is a problem.

After only one day I noticed several scratches but I decided not to care about and just use it.

I would not recommend the Drew to anybody who wants a bag looking as new for a long time.
If you don‘t care just buy it - it is a beautiful bag! [emoji255]

The bag is beautiful. I have It in the small size in cement pink. I would not buy this bag for everyday use....only occasional use if you want to keep it looking nice. It does not wear well.

Hi! I’m looking for an Everyday bag and I had my eye on a small Chloe Drew. But I’m worried about the weight of the bag. Can someone advise the actual weight of the bag and if it causes your shoulders to ache after a couple of hours? Thank you!

I wouldn’t buy it to use as an everyday bag. IMHO, it doesn’t wear well and it is a bit heavy even when empty(1.5 lbs Nordstrom website), but it is elegant and beautiful. I own it in the cement pink and I love it but only use it occasionally. You may look into buying preloved from fashionphile as they have a great return policy. I bought it new for $1000 on tradesy. The stickers were still in the hardware. If you’re patient you can find a good deal on the bag and then you may not mind using it as an everyday bag. Hope this helps! Good luck with your decision!

Hello, I sold my Chloe Drew a month ago! It was my first expensive bag. :amuse: Absolutely love the look of it, it's so pretty.

My biggest regret with that bag was that it went on sale SO MUCH, bought I bought it for full price. You can easily get a brand new one on the pre-loved market for less, or a brand new one from stores like Farfetch, Net-a-Porter during their sales.

Second thing I regret not doing research about is-- the chain really hurts! It's quite uncomfortable on the shoulder when you're wearing something sleeveless or thin, so for me, the Drew was a winter bag. As a winter bag, it wasn't comfortable either, because it was rather short for crossbody (I'm 5"4), and with thicker winter clothes, it tended to slide off my shoulder as a shoulder bag. Nothing worked right, so I finally sold it.

The Drew also loses shape quite fast. If you check it out on the pre-loved market, you can see where they start to sag. Mine did, even with proper storage and minimal use. Just something to keep in mind!

There are many amazing bags out there, I'm not sure of your style because you mention the Loewe mini Hammock, which is quite different in style to the Chloe Drew. The Hammock is more casual! I really like Loewe as a brand because their quality seems better than Chloe overall. I have the mini puzzle and absolutely love it. Their bags tend to be light and functional.

Reactions: earthygirl
Another option from Chloe for an everyday bag that is more casual than the Drew is the mini marcie crossbody. I have this also and love it. It’s very lightweight and fits a lot for such a small bag. You have to carry a small wallet, but this is good for the essentials and the adjustable strap is comfy when worn crossbody and on the shoulder. Again, I wouldn’t buy it for the retail price. I bought mine new on eBay for $550 from a trusted seller. I negotiated the price down from the listed price of $750. If you’re not comfortable with eBay, I’ve seen this bag marked down on fashionphile also. You just have to be patient.