Small diamonds (1ct and under)

Do you ladies with "smaller" rings wear them daily? I put "smaller" in quotes because the rings here are so beautiful but far more practical for daily use compared to the equally gorgeous but HUGE stones in the other thread! I'd be afraid to knock a larger stone against something and damage it.

I don't wear anything daily. I have been trying to force myself to wear it more but mostly I wear nothing. Partly out of fear of damage or loss, and partly because I can't while I do the work I do bec I can't risk damaging something with the ring rubbing on it.

I never wear it while cooking, cleaning, showering or sleeping.

I know we all love our rings and jewelry but my Jeweler told me that it is best for my stones and bands if I dont wear it everyday around the house. Mine are the first thing I put on before I leave the house and the first thing I take off when I get home. Unless Im entertaining I dont wear my jewelry.

I posted in the other thread, but I also belong here... LOL

I just got engaged... DF picked this out on his own...lol...sorta.. i did give him minimum specs (G/VS2, ideal cut)....:graucho:

This is what I got...plat EX D/VS1 .70ct :love:

I wear a 4.5 size ring, so that's what helps it look bigger! :tup:

ering2.jpg

I also wear this everyday (i've had it 2 weeks) and I think I've only taken it off at night twice. I usually sleep with it on...most of the time i even leave it on in the shower... my hand feels so naked without it!

nice rings ladies! i wear mine to wkr most days and to go out, but i take it off as soon as i come home. dont want to damage it! dh often takes off his band around the house too.

^ I agree. A recent article came out and the average e-ring size in most areas of the country- NYC, LA, Boston excluded was about .38 total. I consider a 1 carat solitaire to be a large ring still. I see some larger rings IRL, but many are cut poorly, b/c they don't sparkle at all.

^ I agree. A recent article came out and the average e-ring size in most areas of the country- NYC, LA, Boston excluded was about .38 total. I consider a 1 carat solitaire to be a large ring still. I see some larger rings IRL, but many are cut poorly, b/c they don't sparkle at all.

Several friends have a 3/4 carat or around there and you can't tell the difference between that size and a 1C. I'd rather have something that's 8 or 9/10ths of a carat and put the difference towards a house! I'm too afraid of getting mugged here.

That's what I was thinking when I read the thread title. I do not consider 1ct to be small by any means.

All you ladies have gorgeous rings and I really like the ring of the OP.

I've got a couple of small rings.

The first one was my first diamond ring. My promise ring from DF when we were still in high school. The second ring is .56c and it's colorless. The third picture is my NEW engagement ring. It is actually a new ring and the stone from the first engagement he got me in January. The next picture was taken with my camera phone so it's crap.The next picture is my new ring from the side. And the last picture is my first engagement ring. The setting made my ring look so small and the band was too thick and there wasnt much security. When I get home I'll take a better picture of my NEW engagement ring. It's a 6 prong Tiffany's style. I love it!!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 2,715
  • p.jpg
    p.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 2,788
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 4,319
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg