Slow Sellers - should I be concerned?

Unless it says immediate payment is required, I sometimes ask for the seller for total payment invoice. I BIN'ed an item recently but got a reply that it shows I didn't on her end... All of a sudden I am not hearing from her much... I am now worried. There is the East-West coast time-difference... She was really good in communicating before. I didn't pay yet and sent messages stating it shows on my end that I won the item. I hope it works out...:sad:

thanks everyone... yeah immediate payment would be a option, but just cant' hand them the money if they don't even bother try to contact with me...

*____*" i'm giving up!!... *ARH*

A lot of times, if I see that all the info is there (S&H, etc) I'll just go ahead and pay via PayPal even before the seller contacts me. It's never even occurred to me to wait for the sellers to contact me unless there's a question about something.

Hope you hear from your seller soon!!

I also wanted to mention that something may have happened to her computer or internet. Or maybe a family emergency. Sometimes life intrudes on Ebay.
When Hurricane Katrina hit, it was impossible to get internet access for a while and I had auctions that ended during that timeframe. I'm very thankful most people were understanding. :heart:

ebays rules state that each party must contact the other within 3 business days. Weekends dont count. Man, I'm set up to send invoices out the minute the auction ends to the winner. Maybe she was away for the weekend? I pay for everything immediately after the auction ends whether I hear from the seller or not. Did you hear from her yet?

I heard from my seller and she said she had a computer problem and also for some reason it did not show that I BIN'ed on her end so I was bit anxious for a while there... I won the item Sat at at midnight PST and got the invoce on Monday at 10 AM PST, but she said it still did not show then that I won on her My eBay page. She only knew that I won because eBay sent her the invoice request... How strange, or is this time-lag common occurance? And there was the East-West coast time difference, too. I didn't pay immediate for this one because I wanted to ask her the extra shipping cost for including the box, which she stated in the listing it would be extra but not specifically in the S&H part for me to choose how much more. I got the invoice and paid immediately on Monday. I received a message from her that she confirmed the payment on Wednesday so I hope she will ship soon. She seems like a super busy person, and do not necessarily sell many things on eBay so I have to be understanding... Yes, life happens, too, and I need to understand that some people are not in front of the computer like I am all the time!!!:sweatdrop:
Thanks Donna for reminding me that weekends don't count as business days:P! I guess I have been spoiled with super-fast sellers in the past! And again, my shopping experience at eBay is not that much...YET:rolleyes:.

UGH - I hate eBay at the moment. A few weeks ago, like 6th of Feb, I bought an item on eBay and emailed the seller instantly to say that I'd pay in a couple of days via paypal as I needed to reorganise some funds. Anyway, two or so days later, I paid using credit card via paypal. That was fine. The payment was "accepted" a little while later. I then emailed the seller to say I had made the payment blah blah.

A few days later she tells me that her paypal account had been closed when she moved from another country to Australia, so she never received the payment. She said that she was currently in talks with paypal about what can be done. Ok, I thought, it's possible - but that doesn't really explain why the payment was marked as accepted/completed.

After emailing her twice, I finally got some kind of response. She's asked me to try and reclaim the payment at my end. So I try. Paypal says nothing can be done because it's been accepted. My CC company says they can file a dispute, which will take weeks to investigate, in order to get my money back. I told her this. I've since got no reply. I've also emailed again on Friday last week but have not got a reply.

It's been a week and a half since I last heard. I'm contemplating opening a dispute with Paypal, but are there any other avenues I can take?

Ok, I've opened a PP dispute. Hopefully something will come out of it and she'll start replying.

It's just frustrating, wouldn't you have known your bank account was closed before directing funds there.