Sloane owners - are your babies squeaky?

kcm1535

Apr 1, 2008
san francisco
Hi all, just received a regent Sloane that I ordered from Bluefly (couldn't resist checking out the color IRL when I saw a 10% off coupon), and much to my dismay I noticed as soon as it came out of the box that it squeaks! Where the handle meets the bag, I guess due to the covered leather hardware (leather-on-leather rub).

Have other Sloane owners noticed this? Do I just have a lemon, or do they all squeak? Does this by chance go away over time?? I love the shape, but am pretty sure the squeaking would drive me insane.

BookerMoose

Arrrooooo!
O.G.
Oct 21, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I can't speak to the Sloane, but my Nero Montaigne does squeak - not very loudly so I only really notice it when I am walking into my office... everywhere else the background noise must drown it out. I think in that case it is the handle hardware - although I've never thought to explore it since it doesn't really bother me. It will be interesting to hear if this is a common problem... especially with the leather covered rings on the Sloane.

LLANeedle

O.G.
Oct 5, 2007
Maryland
Interesting. I have a ferro and an ottone. Admittedly I don't use either frequently, but I haven't heard a peep out of either one. I'll be sure to pay extra attention the next time they come out to play.

prestwick

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
hi, I have the moro sloane which I absolutely adore, and I have never noticed it to squeak...but I will keep you posted if it does..

MNS

O.G.
May 19, 2008
USA
What strikes me most about this is that you got the Sloane from Bluefly. I have a Sloane which doens't squeek but I have a Veneta that I got from Bluefly which squeaks all of the time. It's the first thing I noticed about the bag when I received it and annoys me periodically when I carry it. I wonder what happens to some of the bags from Bluefly that makes them squeak?

Syma

O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
Europe
I have the ottone and old petra sloane and can't say that I have heard either of them squeak?!?! I'm sure that the squeaking will stop though once the leather softens up.

nizlay

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
Bahrain
My pergamena Sloane squeaks, but my Ferro, Scala and Noce ones don't. I just live with it as I don't know what else to do:shrugs:

serena11

Jul 4, 2007
Wait- why would the Veneta squeak? It's all leather. Have you tried taking it into a BV store?

MNS

O.G.
May 19, 2008
USA
Wait- why would the Veneta squeak? It's all leather. Have you tried taking it into a BV store?
I have no idea why my Veneta from Bluefly squeaks but it does at the handle. I thought that I was just imagining it at first because it made no sense that leather would squeak. I'm waiting for it to soften with more use and hopefully stop. :shrugs:

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
Maybe those bags from Bluefly are talking to you. They are telling you that they are so happy you rescued them from the big, dark warehouse. They are just being grateful!

MNS

O.G.
May 19, 2008
USA
my veneta is the most silent bag i have ever had. like mata hari - silent, deadly and totally beautiful - sneaks up on you! no squeaking here!
I know, I have 3 other Venetas that I purchased from BV stores and they don't make a sound. Only this one from Bluefly makes noise. :confused1:

Mid-

silent = listen
O.G.
Mar 18, 2007
:biggrin: This thread is so adorably hilarious!! :biggrin:

maybe bluefly conceals a special squeaker that works on a customer subliminally to make her/him want more from them...

Lola

O.G.
Jan 11, 2006
I have the Ottone Sloane and it doesn't squeak at all. But maybe it is because Ottone is made with goat skin--different leather?