Sloane owners - are your babies squeaky?

kcmtpf

kcm1535
O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
Hi all, just received a regent Sloane that I ordered from Bluefly (couldn't resist checking out the color IRL when I saw a 10% off coupon), and much to my dismay I noticed as soon as it came out of the box that it squeaks! Where the handle meets the bag, I guess due to the covered leather hardware (leather-on-leather rub).

Have other Sloane owners noticed this? Do I just have a lemon, or do they all squeak? Does this by chance go away over time?? I love the shape, but am pretty sure the squeaking would drive me insane.

I can't speak to the Sloane, but my Nero Montaigne does squeak - not very loudly so I only really notice it when I am walking into my office... everywhere else the background noise must drown it out. I think in that case it is the handle hardware - although I've never thought to explore it since it doesn't really bother me. It will be interesting to hear if this is a common problem... especially with the leather covered rings on the Sloane.

Interesting. I have a ferro and an ottone. Admittedly I don't use either frequently, but I haven't heard a peep out of either one. I'll be sure to pay extra attention the next time they come out to play.

What strikes me most about this is that you got the Sloane from Bluefly. I have a Sloane which doens't squeek but I have a Veneta that I got from Bluefly which squeaks all of the time. It's the first thing I noticed about the bag when I received it and annoys me periodically when I carry it. I wonder what happens to some of the bags from Bluefly that makes them squeak?

I have the ottone and old petra sloane and can't say that I have heard either of them squeak?!?! I'm sure that the squeaking will stop though once the leather softens up.

Wait- why would the Veneta squeak? It's all leather. Have you tried taking it into a BV store?

I have no idea why my Veneta from Bluefly squeaks but it does at the handle. I thought that I was just imagining it at first because it made no sense that leather would squeak. I'm waiting for it to soften with more use and hopefully stop. :shrugs:

Maybe those bags from Bluefly are talking to you. They are telling you that they are so happy you rescued them from the big, dark warehouse. They are just being grateful!

:biggrin: This thread is so adorably hilarious!! :biggrin:

maybe bluefly conceals a special squeaker that works on a customer subliminally to make her/him want more from them...