SkyDiving: Euphoria In The Sky

I would love to do this but have a real fear of the parachute not opening! I should have done it before I had kids 'cos now I wouldn't risk anything happening to me & leaving them alone so I gues I never will get that adrenaline rush, lol!

I want to sky dive more than anything! i have done para-sailing and absolutely loved it. i don't drive so I can't take myself to the places here that offer it and my family refuses to take me. (yes, the chute will open, no i will not get injured) I know it will be scary but it has got to be the ultimate high!

I went 3 years ago and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I'm going for my 2nd time in 2 hours!
Here is a picture from the first time I did it - it was at a place in Connecticut. I got a video and everything and it's so cool to watch lol.
Seriously, if anyone is even remotely thinking about it - do it! It's incredible!

attachment.php

Attachments

• n21501971_30113962_9952.jpg
    n21501971_30113962_9952.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 91
I'm going to in the very near future!
My father has a friend who's a certified instructor and has done more than 1000 jumps so I think I should be in good hands LOL.

I did it 10 yrs ago. Loved it. I passed through the clouds and felt cool !!
It is like once in a life time something u won't regret to do it.
The view and experience was amazing!

I was wondering if any of you guys have ever actually gone skydiving, or if not, would you ever consider doing it? I accidentally came across a video of someone who had gone skydiving with a camera on their helmet off of YouTube and just watching it from their point-of-view up close and personal made my palms sweat and my heart race, but after that, I was hooked. It looked like a mind-blowing experience that just completely magnifies the senses, and really makes you feel alive. I was amazed to learn that they have different divisions to distinguish the level of which you're jumping from, such as a Accelerated Free Fall which is over a 19,000 feet drop! Just try to fathom the possibility... :s

I've had a strict upbringing and a controlling mother for most of my life, who's suffocated me and never really let me experience things on my own and I feel that skydiving would be a way for me to embrace the real world and accept the feeling of vulnerability [jumping over 14,000 feet out of a plane should do it! :wtf:] and just feel FREE. It's a way to release your inhibitions and truely see the beauty of the world from a bird's eye view.

I probably won't anytime soon but it's DEFINITELY something to consider in the near future. What about you all?

Here are a few links to skydiving videos for those of you who want to tune in: How exhilarating!!!! Video 1, Video 2, Video 3. Like me, you don't have to have any experience on your belt to contribute to this thread! Just give me your thoughts! And if you do have any stories, by all means, CONTRIBUTE! :graucho: I'd be more than interested to listen. I don't expect to hear too many experience stories, though. tPF doesn't seem like the kinda place with skydivers lol. But you never know. :yes: I guess we'll see... Until then... :heart:

I'm w/ you on the upbringing. *Both* my parents and my brother were very strict and inhibitive when it came to leaving the house even for just a short walk to 7-11. Inside the house, not so much my parents but my brother. In either case,there was a lot of micro-controlling, emotional abusing, etc. Consequently, I had never experienced anything memorable w/ my family whatsoever apart from a few rollercoasters w/ my parents waiting on the sidelines the whole time. Nowadays, w/ my exceptional bf, I have experienced sooo much more (from new foods to new film to new travel destinations and beyond) in the past year and a half than I ever had in my entire life back at home (though I'm still living at home, just sneaking out or negotiating like crazy just to spend time w/ bf whom they don't really know about).
Anyway, my bf is deathly afraid of heights, but I've managed to indirectly push him (as he wanted to match me) to go on the Sky Flyer at King's Dominion w/ me after pushing for the Death Drop that he grudgingly went on as well. I would love to go skydiving someday and feel that freedom, euphoria, and thrill that others have talked about. This would be a complete 180 degree turn from how I used to live life, lol.

i've been meaning to do it for years, but i haven't gotten around to it. lol.

i have no fear of it, i sort of have adventure in my blood. my dad has done is hundreds of times. growing up, my dad always took us to do really fun things like that that lots of people would think are sorta "crazy", especially for kids, but he always made sure we were safe and i'd never trade those things for anything. dirtbikes, jetsking, skiing, cliff jumping(not THAT high) into lakes and rivers, all kinds of swimming, target practice, bear hunting, you name it. me and my dad are gonna do it this one of these days. much to the horror of my mom, who doesn't quite have any semblence of an adventurous bone in her body :lol:

I went skydiving in the Swiss Alps from a helicopter. It was hands down one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had. I was absolutely terrified before, but I was so disappointed when it was over that I ended up going canyon jumping right after! And the view, both during the free fall and after the parachute opened was absolutely amazing.

Of course, I had the video sent to my parents house, and they love to show everyone the part where I am hanging out of the helicopter, shrieking "Oh my God!" over and over. :shame:

I really want to do it again! Anyone who is thinking about it - go for it, and have a blast!

I'd love to do it, but I'm broke & the places that do it around here are a few hours away. My sister did it while she studied abroad in Australia about 2 years ago and she loved it. (However, this is also the girl that bungee jumped for her 16th birthday though lol. She has no fear whatsoever!!) I want to skydive for the experience, because I know no other feeling will ever come close to hurtling towards the earth. I'm scared of getting on the top step of a ladder though, so I might have to jump twice, so that the 2nd time I'll actually open my eyes LOL. I'm the type of person that closes their eyes on a rollercoaster ride when we twist and turn because I'm scared of something bad happening (Final Destination 3 did not help this fear either!) but I'm the one who pesters my boyfriend who is extremely scared of heights to do all of these rollercoasters anyways, like the Big Shot on the stratosphere in Vegas!