Sky Blue or Vert Thyme City

I haven't seen a Sky Blue in person nor a Vert Thyme but there have been TPFers who've bought a Sky Blue and posted modelling pics.. I think the search FN is disabled for now, but if you browse through the most recent 4-5 pages you should see it. It looks to me a bit darker than 05 Sky Blue. I would probably pick Sky Blue over Vert Thyme but that's just because I'm not a fan of green bags. Have a think bout which goes better with yr wardrobe!

I agree with jo_ee that it would be good to assess your wardrobe and see which color fits better. My first instinct is green, but I haven't seen either color in person. The green seems a bit warmer, which I equate with versatility, though it totally depends on your wardrobe.

i'm imagining that sky blue would be my vote..but may i ask what skyblue really looks like? is it like this?

PRGbW-VAPgkV3XaJeLEeP577i5Pfg1aQ02C0.jpg

the shade is lighter than this.

Everytime I see a "new" color IRL, I get confused what to get. First, I wanted a Bubble Gum City. Then I thought I wanted a Sahara (but it looks plain). Then today I saw a Sky Blue City beside a Vert Thyme City RH. Now, I was wondering which is more versatile?

Sky Blue RH City or Vert Thyme RH City?

Why is it soo hard to decide? :nuts:

i was desperate for vt but i was disappointed when i saw it irl ~ i think it looks better with the gsh ~ i've seen sky blue also irl & it's very pretty ~ i think it would look :love: both in rh & with gsh ~ have fun choosing!

I have been waiting for a sky blue Day. But as I really think about it, I don't really wear much blue and am wondering if I actually really need it. I realize "need" is all very relative, but even as a "nice to have" it might not make sense.

Oh what to do, what to do!?

I have not seen either VT or sky blue IRL yet. They seem so different though which makes it hard to decide--one more neutral and one with pop. They'd serve different purposes. Like Sahara and VTmight be more on the same continuum but Sky Blue and VT seem more opposite.

Hi,
I saw a sky blue city IRL. It's just not my colour, I don't like it. However, the leather is so thick and smooth! I bought a Sahara SGH city last week. It is so beautiful! I had to have to it even I paid over $2100 canadian @ holt renfrew Toronto, still worth it. Couldn't find one on ebay with GSH..so ...anyways, I think Sahara can go with any colour outfits and it is a all seasons colour.. I just bought a Vert Thyme city on ebay today..will post picture when I receive it.
=)

i think VT is a neutral and may be more versatile, but sky is, imho, an inherently prettier color. i thought VT looked a little too grey-tinged. i think this is the classic question of bright vs neutral balenciagas. both have their merits

I agree. I love both colors but it is really bright vs neutral. When faced with a similar choice I lately have been going for the "bright" color. But I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Just received my Sky City yesterday, so here are some comparison pics -
It doesn't look at all like turquoise to me.
First pic - Sky, 2nd pic - FB & Sky, 3rd - FB, Sky, FB , Aquamarine, 4th - Sky, Tomato, 5th - Sky, Ocean.

Attachments

• 100_4147.jpg
    100_4147.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_4150.jpg
    100_4150.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_4151.jpg
    100_4151.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_4153.jpg
    100_4153.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_4155.jpg
    100_4155.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 27
and a couple more, 1st - Sky & 08 BG, 2nd, Sky & 07 Aquamarine, 3rd - Sky & 07 LE Magenta. Hope this helps! :heart::heart::heart:

Attachments

• 100_4146.jpg
    100_4146.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_4149.jpg
    100_4149.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_4154.jpg
    100_4154.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 28
^ bags4fun, congrats on ur skyblue and thanks for the comparison pics! Love all ur bbags! Pretty pretty colors! Which is ur fave blue of them?
Glad to be able to share pics! Gosh, I can't decide which blue is my fave. I like them each for different reasons/uses. I am very partial to 07 Aqua (city and work), I also have the 2 FB, but I'm really liking the Sky. It isn't at all what I expected from seeing the original sneak pictures. It is a gorgeous medium blue.
Oh, and back to the original question in this thread, I think it really depends on your wardrobe which color you should get! Or, get the bag that you like, and try to pick up some matching/coordinating accessories for it. :yes: