Singapore/HongKong - Balenciaga here I come!

Hallo to all singaporean folks here!! Saw your message above and i agreed that it's very expensive to get it in singapore as i know my frnd bought a black twiggy back for like SGD2400+ (can't recall the exact price)...but if you buy it from alohrag, the price is much better and cheaper (with free shipping).....Definitely asia is the last choice to think of as most of my bbags are from US or overseas.....think abt it then...as for the singapore sales, bbag will not be on sale for sure....:love: :love: :love:

still making up my mind... :P

norway? you bought your b-bag from norway? wah. not the first country in my mind come to b-bag :smile: i am a b-bag novice though

Minus the GST hikes and all... its really a pleasant city to live in :smile:

Was looking for a griege Work and a Pfer from Norway reported a last new one there. Actually paid a bit below retail for it (an exception to my favour)

Mrs Sweet - Was at the recent Club 21 mega sale. Saw some Bal clothing but no bags...

I just came from HK.

Balenciaga HK store has limited colors- so far only dark colors.

Bbags in stations are mostly brownish in color.

I saw:

one Marine city, one vermillion part time, two of sapin cities,
one natural city, one cornflower blue,one rouge vif city ( the next day gone),
one emerald city (gone the next day too!)
one truffle work, one marine weekender, one white first.

Those are from all the stations I visited.

WOW! Thanks for all the replies!! I'm pleasantly surprised that we've got a small Singaporean pool here! Good to know. I wish I didn't have to go back in April for 3 weeks cos that means I miss:
1)First Singapore Day in NY
2)The Great Singapore Sale!

But, it's still good to be back for some good shopping and great food (makan time...)!

That aside, it seems like the consensus is that I should get a bag here in NY so I think I'll wait till I get back. For now, my Cafe city will be following me back to Singapore... and I hope the humidity there will help my b-bag leather a little cos' it has gotten quite dry over the winter.

p/s Can anyone tell me how popular b-bags are in Asia? I guess specifically Singapore...

i think b-bags are rather popular in this part of the world (at least in singapore and jakarta, i have not see them anywhere else so far). they seem to be favoured by those who are also into chanel and LV. but of all 3, b-bags are the most understated in my opinion, and the most "boutique" in that the supply is small and racognized only by those who are really into branded / fashion goods. but unfortunately, as highly counterfitted as chanel and LV.

those living in this side of the globe for more than 2.5 years, do you guys agree with this observation?

WOW! Thanks for all the replies!! I'm pleasantly surprised that we've got a small Singaporean pool here! Good to know. I wish I didn't have to go back in April for 3 weeks cos that means I miss:
1)First Singapore Day in NY
2)The Great Singapore Sale!

But, it's still good to be back for some good shopping and great food (makan time...)!

That aside, it seems like the consensus is that I should get a bag here in NY so I think I'll wait till I get back. For now, my Cafe city will be following me back to Singapore... and I hope the humidity there will help my b-bag leather a little cos' it has gotten quite dry over the winter.

p/s Can anyone tell me how popular b-bags are in Asia? I guess specifically Singapore...

Unfortunately, no lobang for Bbags in SG unless you know the owner of the boutique :sad: I doubt they even go on sale..

In SG... Bbags are quite popular, but you'd be hard pressed to find many authentic ones. I guess firstly because the boutique itself carries so little stock, so only a small minority gets it (I have never even stepped into the Bal boutique in SG before) However, it is fairly well-liked by a lot of girls, and you can see plenty of lookalikes and fakes around. :rolleyes:

i think b-bags are rather popular in this part of the world (at least in singapore and jakarta, i have not see them anywhere else so far). they seem to be favoured by those who are also into chanel and LV. but of all 3, b-bags are the most understated in my opinion, and the most "boutique" in that the supply is small and racognized only by those who are really into branded / fashion goods. but unfortunately, as highly counterfitted as chanel and LV.

those living in this side of the globe for more than 2.5 years, do you guys agree with this observation?

I don't know about the observation that Bbag lovers are Chanel lovers too.. but I can quite safely say for sure that while a lot of girls (teens and 20-ish women especially) love the Bal look, they do not necessarily know the brand itself. I had a friend carry a Bal look-alike and tell me "Hey, we have the same bag!" when I was carrying an authentic weekender. I kept quiet and realised that she didn't know it was actually a high-end brand on par with LV and the likes.

I agree that Bbags are very understated :P And I love it because not many people know just how expensive it is, and they think it's just another $50 bag a college student carries :yes:

I just came from HK.

Balenciaga HK store has limited colors- so far only dark colors.

Bbags in stations are mostly brownish in color.

I saw:

one Marine city, one vermillion part time, two of sapin cities,
one natural city, one cornflower blue,one rouge vif city ( the next day gone),
one emerald city (gone the next day too!)
one truffle work, one marine weekender, one white first.

Those are from all the stations I visited.

Thanks knn! I'll definitely check out the Bal boutique in HK...i dun mind dark colors...ekeke..btw any small leather goods? Say the coinpurse or clutch?
Btw when you say 'stations' do you mean the paris & milan stations as in the consignment/2nd hand stores? Thanks much!

I don't know about the observation that Bbag lovers are Chanel lovers too.. but I can quite safely say for sure that while a lot of girls (teens and 20-ish women especially) love the Bal look, they do not necessarily know the brand itself. I had a friend carry a Bal look-alike and tell me "Hey, we have the same bag!" when I was carrying an authentic weekender. I kept quiet and realised that she didn't know it was actually a high-end brand on par with LV and the likes.

I agree that Bbags are very understated :P And I love it because not many people know just how expensive it is, and they think it's just another $50 bag a college student carries :yes:

I agree with loving the fact that bbags are relatively understated :yes: but wouldn't it be nice if they knew just how much we had to shell out for it :P I actually get quite offended when someone questions the authenticity of my bbag :cursing: Anyway, I'm leaving in about 12 hours... can't wait to be back in Sunny Singapore. Btw, thanks for all the responses!!!

Yes, I agree that B bags are understaed too... My entire family entire family is into designers and I am the first to carry a B bag. They quickly came to notice how light, thick and fluffy the leather is. I am now in the midst of sourcing my sister;s first B bag. From overseas. My mum never fail to tell me the colours she sees on the streets too...

Anywy, welcome home and hope the leather of the bag improves but keep it out of the rain to prevent mould...

I've been reading alot in tPF forums and lookie! My first post. Anyway yes, to echo the other members, bBags in Singapore are significantly more expensive than elsewhere. I got a cornflower twiggy for about 2000SGD and swore never to buy from SG Bal ever again. Got a sandstone work with giant hardware from Paris for about 500 SGD less than what I would've had to pay here.

And about people liking Bal and Chanel/LV.. I respectfully disagree ;P Since personally I dislike LV and don't particularly care for Chanel. :smile:

+ have a good time spotting all the Balenciaga inspired bags here.. many many.

Thanks knn! I'll definitely check out the Bal boutique in HK...i dun mind dark colors...ekeke..btw any small leather goods? Say the coinpurse or clutch?
Btw when you say 'stations' do you mean the paris & milan stations as in the consignment/2nd hand stores? Thanks much!

Yup. Stations- the second hand stores. I find the service in VIP Station, Causeway Bay the best. Plus they have a variety of b bag styles ranging from the First to Weekender but only one piece at a time and b bags fly off the shelves fast!! They have some coin purses too and even a shoulder . They sell better quality b bags.

France Station has the most colors in City but expensive compared to Milan or VIP Station.

Milan Station only has one or two b bags and some are so wrinkled already.

I guarantee they sell authentic b bags, Chloes, Miu miu and Chanels over there. Dunno about hermes and LV- didn't check them out.

Welcome home! Hope you have a great time catching up with stuff in Spore.
Bbags in Spore are expensive unfortunately, and also limited in stock, unless u're on the waiting list..then again u still have to wait. Get in Bal NY or yes! Aloharag. Do a search in the bbag forum and theres a thread of 'Balenciaga in Hong Kong'. Prices are cheaper than Spore but still a bit more expensive than States.
Am heading to HK next week!

Seriously? I keep hearing its cheaper in HK cuz it's not really in anymore (over there)..and that everything sells at 20%-25% less than in the states?

well uh.... yes...b-bags are not exactly *that* popular anymore comparing to say, 3 years ago... though i still see them around on some occassions.

prices at "stations" for a brand new city is a bit cheaper comparing to Joyce/Balenciaga HK, around HK$9300 and most of them are having 10% off all bags, though they don't usually have the First!

City is $9900, First is $8900 at Joyce
and according to reliable source, the pre-fall colours are coming in this week, fingers crossed, am really wanting to see the Tomato and Steel IRL.

hope that helps

***my friend got a near new RT city from Milan station for $6900 2 weeks ago and i want to straggle her**** :ninja: hope she's not reading this :sweatdrop: