sig stripe satchel troubles

J. Fisk

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
So I brought my satchel to Coach just now because there was a defect on the one I got from Nordstroms and it was still unused with the tags on it. Something funky was up with the zipper. There were like plastic threads showing. The SAs were like "That's weird...." But anyway so they gamme a new one, so :tup: customer service, but the one the gave me has the patent rubbing off. BLAHHH Why does this keep happening?!?! Will this happen with wear anyway? It's like on the side, one the tabs of leather where the zipper ends. It looks like glue, but it's not, it's the bare leather from where the shiny just is missing. :sad:

I'm sorry for your troubles with this bag. This should not happen.
More evidence Coach quality is going down the drain, we read more and more of this kind of thing lately don't we. Bags that cost as much as Coach should have NO defects ever. But they are being mass produced in China and it shows. Like I'm gonna pay $300-500 for a bag and have defects, thin leather, fraying...etc. Oh NO I won't.

I think I remember the post you made when you first got it.
It looked great on you, I'm sorry you're having problems with it.
I'm starting to wonder myself whether to keep pumping money into Coach for their mostly defective products or to switch to something else.
The stuff Coach makes is just so darn irresistible, though... and Burberry looks too old for me. :crybaby:

I love the satchels, they're so pretty! I'm sorry this has happened to you...are you going to take it back and exchange fir a new one??

I'm sorry for your troubles with this bag. This should not happen.
More evidence Coach quality is going down the drain, we read more and more of this kind of thing lately don't we. Bags that cost as much as Coach should have NO defects ever. But they are being mass produced in China and it shows. Like I'm gonna pay $300-500 for a bag and have defects, thin leather, fraying...etc. Oh NO I won't.

Coach isn't the only one...My LV Galliera, a 1100 bag (now 1300 after a price increase), I've heard of the straps coming undone from the metal rings b/c they break...also, my Gucci metallic joy boston I have heard of the metallic cracking off and wrinkling...it makes you afraid of wearing the darn things!!! it's happening to all designers in their quests to cut overhead and labor costs, yet they still raise prices but cause quality to suffer in the process

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if I should try to get a credit rather than exchange again. I'm ultra bummed because I was so excited about this bag at first and have wanted it forever. Do you think Coach will swap it out again?

Ulgh! That is so frustrating :s...I have a sig stripe satchel that I just cut the tags to this weekend. Granted I only took her out once, but I haven't had an issue yet. Although...I do have to admit, I agree with the quality of some of Coach's bags declining. I tried on the ergo hobo for the PCE and the zipper felt...not as sturdy. The leather was soft and buttery, but not as soft & buttery as some Marc Jacobs bags that I have. And although the bag is very light...I do worry about the thin leather too, as mentioned by CaptainPicard from above...*sigh* wtf?

^^They NEED to give you a bag that is without defect regardless of how many times it takes. If there weren't quality issues, you wouldn't need to swap it again so they really shouldn't give you any problem about this.