Sierra in Suhali - A Special Reveal

What a beautiful pup! We have a female 3 year old black Shar Pei and had a Golden Retriever. Sierra will surely have a beautiful nature :yes:
I can't use a collar for Ms Ripley...only a harness (her 'wonderbra' ;)). She has the smooshiest thick wrinkly neck that must be twice the diameter of her head because she manages to flip out of her collar in seconds like Houdini!
Both your dogs are blessed to find such a kind and loving home.

This is the best post ever!!! Thanks goodness for ppl like you! :tup: Both of my cats are rescues - they don't wear Loui but everyone in our family has always said...if we come back in another life - we want to come back as cats adopted by our family! :woohoo:YEAH FOR YOU!!!:woohoo: The dogs AND collars are TOO CUTE.

wow what an interesting mix, I actually heard of someone else recently who had a lab/sharpei mix and I could not imagine what it looked like! Sierra is adorable and it makes me sooo happy to hear that she is in such a loving home now. animals are my weakness and I cannot bear to hear about them being mistreated :crybaby:

Sierra is such a lucky pup to have found you!

I wanted to thank everyone for all of the nice comments and support.

I have always loved animals, especially dogs. I had a Golden Retriever when I was a child, sadly she was dognapped from our yard when she went out to the bathroom. That being said, I have always wanted to have another Golden Retriever, but I didn't think that the breed would be a good fit for my lifestyle.

After taking Sierra in and coming to the realization that she was going to be a very large dog, I have already begun making arrangements for the future. I just purchased a home in North Carolina, which I have yet to move into, that will be a perfect fit for a dog of her size. She doesn't have much room to play here in Las Vegas, where regardless of the square footage of the house, the lot sizes are teenie tiny.

My main concern was that I travel constantly and I wouldn't want to leave her boarded for a month or two at a time - That just wouldn't be fair to her, I feel bad enough when I board my Parakeets! I chose Tristan, a Puggle, because of his size and his ability to go with me anywhere. I began researching international airlines, hotels, cruise ships, etc that will allow large breed dogs. I am very against putting animals in the cargo compartment of an airplane and I swore I would never do that to my own dog. So I made it my mission to find safe travel for Sierra.

I have been largely successful in compiling a dog friendly list that is not only safe, but I would not have to sacrifice my own comfort in the process! If anyone would like a copy of my list, I would be happy to share it.

Tristan and Sierra get along great, Sierra loves Tristan dearly and whimpers whenever they are separated. Tristan was a bit jealous when Sierra first came home, but he soon warmed up and he loves having her around.

I think that she is very happy with her new lifestyle, especially the visits to the dog bakery - Her favorite part of the week!

Sierra is definitely my dog, she sleeps on the pillow next to me, follows me wherever I go and she keeps guard at the front window watching for intruders. Now if only she didn't snore, this would be the ideal relationship :P

Thank you all again for the wonderful comments and messages - Tristan, Sierra and I really appreciate it. Keep on the lookout for new photos of them both! :heart:

Scott, this is such a wonderful thread full of both love and LV! It warms my heart to hear stories about other animal lovers who make a difference, thank you! Sierra is lucky to have you and she and Tristan make a handsome family in their LV. Thanks for sharing your pictures and story.

I would love a PM of your list as I travel with my Pug everywhere and I feel the same way you do about boarding etc. Thanks in advance.