Siblings and Fakes

I tell everyone I see with a fake... that it is illegal both to sell AND to buy fakes! One day there were these flyers near the till at my local bakery about a website that sells fakes and I demanded that they throw them away otherwise I would call the police and tell them they are promoting the sale of fake/illegal products!LOL they were so scared!

I tell everyone I see with a fake... that it is illegal both to sell AND to buy fakes! One day there were these flyers near the till at my local bakery about a website that sells fakes and I demanded that they throw them away otherwise I would call the police and tell them they are promoting the sale of fake/illegal products!LOL they were so scared!

No actually it´s not illegal everywhere. For example, in Finland it´s illegal to sell, not to buy.

One of my friends has had a few fake LV's given to her as a gift from a sweet old lady friend. My friend is not into carrying fakes but she knows these fake LV's are given to her from the heart. She may wear them a few times in front of the lady who gave them to her and then she hides them in her closet. We did laugh when she wore her plastic see thru bag and the handles broke on the first day....

Something like that happened to me: My grandpa LOVES to travel and always gets me something from his trips. Well, after seing that I got a Mono Speedy 35 for my b-day and how much I loved it, the next thing he brought back home for me was:

A Fake MC Speedy :wtf:

I mean sure, bless his soul, he just meant to do me a favour and make me happy, but I guess he doesn't know/understand how much difference fake vs. authentic makes to me and I'll never tell him. So once in a while when I go to visit him, I dig in the depths of my closet and bring out the "evil" speedy (I have to admit that the colors are quite amazing though, I'd post a picture if I was home to make you see what I mean). It makes him happy to see me wear it so I figure why not, however I would never wear it out to work, public, etc.

The feeling just isn't right, even if it has 33 colors (yes, I counted) :yucky: and most people probably can't even tell.

I REALLY prefer authentic Vuitton :yes: :heart: :yes:

No actually it´s not illegal everywhere. For example, in Finland it´s illegal to sell, not to buy.

I have indee spoken only about Cyprus. But to be honest I really think it might be tha law in a lot of countries it is just that no nation has the force whether it is customs or police to go after people that buy fakes. It is just like dvds, no one is prosecuted for buying copies of dvds and thay is because the 'general public' is not affected! My opinion ofcourse....:smile:

p.s.Kittie LaRoche what you do for you grandfather is soo touching!

Kitty I know what you mean. My grandma would get me things I didnt like but I'd always wear them in from of her. She got me this belt for 5 bucks that I still treasure because it was gived to me with lots of love from her. Love my grandma, she was the sweetest thing ever (RIP) :sad:

No one I personally know carry fakes either. I have no sisters tho :sad:
My mom carries only lambskin leather bags (non brand but real lambskin)
My BFF has some coach that we got at either the oultet or macys.

Oh yeah, they use to but...confiscated them and said "Ain't no sister of mine carrying a fake." They actually thought it was a sweet gesture.

Wowsers, didn't realize how old this thread was...

none in my immediate family carry fakes...but geez, a WHOLE LOT of my friends do! i don't really care coz it's their $$ and they don't brag that it's fake or pretend that it's real...i do tell them that it's almost like "stealing" from the company who makes the luxury handbags (which they don't care about) and that some who makes the fakes probably use child labor...