Show us your minimalist closet

My closet is pretty small, and I like to keep all if clothes on a hanger (except lounge and running clothes), so I try to keep a pretty edited wardrobe. The layout is pretty simple- clothes/shoes for work on the left and casual on the right. All bags are stuffed and in their dust bags on the shelf above.

Here is a picture of the "work" side. I have naturally come to hang them in order by blazers/cotton & polyester shirts/silk shirts/pants/skirts/dresses. Below is a shot of my work shoes (and the dirty clothes hamper). I keep my shoes in clear boxes not only to save space but to keep them safe from our two cats!

View attachment 2613947

View attachment 2613948

Below is a picture of my closet's "casual" side. It's a little sparse due to today being laundry day! The natural order for this side is jeans/shirts sorted by color (print, light, dark)/camisoles/jackets/bathrobe. To the right of the shoes are two clear bins storing my cold weather clothes and my Stuart Weitzman boots in their box. I'm in AZ so sadly no need for those for the next 6 months or so.

View attachment 2613952

View attachment 2613953

Here is a closer shot of my hangers. They are just a basic dark wooden hanger from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

View attachment 2613957

Last but not least- a quick shot of a few of my stored bags!

View attachment 2613958

Putting this together has made me feel a little OCD so I can't wait to see everyone else's closets! :smile:

looks great! Thanks for sharing and I am very jealous! Mine does not look remotely like yours. Must work on a better layout once we move into our new house.

Just wondering...but are plastic containers ok for shoe storage?

I hope so! I've had all my shoes in these boxes for a few months and everything seems in good condition. I have pets that know how to open my closet door so prior to using the boxes my shoes were constantly knocked over or covered in cat fur, so it's definitely an improvement for me!

These are the boxes I mean.. As you can see it can fit a big louboutin box (they have small and big boxes as some of you may know) plus other stuff (there is some room left). I love it because know my room looks more organized instead of boxes here and there spread over the room..

View attachment 2617431
View attachment 2617432

The white boxes look great- I love the clean look while still being able to store shoes in their original boxes.

GREAT thread! Can't wait to watch it grow (and maybe add to it myself down the road!). I did a big purge when I moved, and recently did another spring cleaning - basically of all the things that either don't fit, are worn out, and/or I know I will never wear again. My closet is nice and neat, but still in flux in terms of items. My end goal is an organized closet of fewer items but all items that fit well and that I wear regularly.

Great inspiration, ladies! Here's mine in its current state:
1) Casual side (socks and intimates in drawers)
2) Top: Office attire, scarves, and sweaters; bottom: jackets; right: bags/jewelry
3) Shoes

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 2,391
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 2,404
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 2,429
Reactions: mrs.JC
Here are the bags, "undressed." I've pared them down to just these lucky few:
1) Chanel fuschia camellia WOC in lamb, white mini flap in caviar, black small flap in caviar
2) Dior Granville polochon in deer, fuschia wallet in lamb
3) LV Berkeley, Bottega Veneta Intrecciato crossbody in quetsche, Bottega Veneta passamaneria knot clutch

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 2,398
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 2,414
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 2,384
Reactions: mrs.JC and anitsirk
View attachment 2613612

Here's is my picture with my new white hangers - I love them! Trying to get the feel of a calmer, more neutral wardrobe - along with less - but less color, etc. - I truly feel so much happier by limiting my things to black/white/grey with a little bit of blue and plum - got rid of brown skirts, pants and shoes because I don't love brown! Just bought it because I didn't have it before - now realizing a lot by looking at fashion blogs and pinterest where my true likes are. I'm still big on animal print and stripes - those aren't going anywhere :biggrin: - but simpler colors and less of everything. Making a little money by selling helps too!

This looks so amazing. I'm glad to see a closet that's like mine: full of neutral colors and minimal or no colors! :loveeyes:

My closet is pretty small, and I like to keep all if clothes on a hanger (except lounge and running clothes), so I try to keep a pretty edited wardrobe. The layout is pretty simple- clothes/shoes for work on the left and casual on the right. All bags are stuffed and in their dust bags on the shelf above.

Here is a picture of the "work" side. I have naturally come to hang them in order by blazers/cotton & polyester shirts/silk shirts/pants/skirts/dresses. Below is a shot of my work shoes (and the dirty clothes hamper). I keep my shoes in clear boxes not only to save space but to keep them safe from our two cats!

View attachment 2613947

View attachment 2613948

Below is a picture of my closet's "casual" side. It's a little sparse due to today being laundry day! The natural order for this side is jeans/shirts sorted by color (print, light, dark)/camisoles/jackets/bathrobe. To the right of the shoes are two clear bins storing my cold weather clothes and my Stuart Weitzman boots in their box. I'm in AZ so sadly no need for those for the next 6 months or so.

View attachment 2613952

View attachment 2613953

Here is a closer shot of my hangers. They are just a basic dark wooden hanger from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

View attachment 2613957

Last but not least- a quick shot of a few of my stored bags!

View attachment 2613958

Putting this together has made me feel a little OCD so I can't wait to see everyone else's closets! :smile:

What an amazing closet. Looks so neat and organized and I love the colors~