Show us your Longchamp!

Always wanted a white leather bag that is made in France but feel too risky to buy from Chanel or Louis Vuitton. This cutie has fulfilled my wish without breaking my bank.
You are so clever. I might have to copy you, if you don’t mind. I really like Louis Vuitton and was going to buy a white Capucines BB in “snow” but it will definitely break my bank! 😜🤪😝

I am sorry that the bag is not working for you. I had many of such experiences in my bag journey. Love the style but after acquiring it, it just does not work for me. The bag will sit in the closet, unused and I feel bad about holding onto it as somehow I feel a bag is to be used and the fact that I'm holding onto it and yet not using it makes me feel bad about it. For me, I will choose to sell it.

All said, I do understand sentimental reasons for retaining the bag, especially when it is a bag that you really wanted for some time. Just wondering if you were to shorten the strap, will it still work for you? Or it will still look too big for your frame? Shortening the strap might be an alternative for you to try using the bag but of course might also impact resale opportunities as the strap is now shorter.
Thank you, you summarized my feelings so well! I think even with shortening the straps it is still too big for my frame because the main part of the bag is just big by itself.

Hiya, I'm not sure where you're located, but altering the strap is not difficult on this bag from what I can see. You'd need to find somebody to add extra holes and perhaps cut a bit off of the end so that you don't have a tail flapping around back there :P Cobblers in my area wouldn't charge more than around 30 euros for that.

I've never tried on this style in real life, but from what I can see of the dimensions (24.5cm x 17cm), it wouldn't be too large to wear as a shoulder bag for a small framed person. I'm a bit taller than you at 157cm, but very slightly built, and I've several bags in this size range that don't look outlandishly big. Maybe you need some time to get used to the size if you're accustomed to carrying smaller bags?

I sold a Neo with an altered strap a while ago at the same price that equivalent Neos with 'stock' straps sell for in my country. The person who bought it was thrilled, she was more or less the same height as @ziagouel and happy to not have to go to the cobbler herself. If it's professionally done, it does limit your clientele to people who are the same size as you, but doesn't impact resale value too much :smile:
Thank you for the recommendations! I think that the boxiness and "stiffness" of the bag shape is what feels off when I wear it. I normally use bigger bags but they are slouchier so they kind of "hug" to my silhouette, not protrude out. This is I think what bothers me the most.

Thank you both for your insights, they helped me to make up my mind. I have decided to sell it. Such a beautiful bag should be worn, not hiding in my closet. Howeveeeeerrrr I was thinking that once I sell the Medium, I might use the money towards buying the Small size. I still love the style. Let's see!

Thank you for the recommendations! I think that the boxiness and "stiffness" of the bag shape is what feels off when I wear it. I normally use bigger bags but they are slouchier so they kind of "hug" to my silhouette, not protrude out.
That's a wonderful idea! A small will work better for you. Best of luck for you to rehome your bag soon!

I totally know what you mean about the bag being boxy and stiff (hence appearing bigger). I used to have a lovely Longchamp Heritage crossbody bag in grey. Although it is not as stiff in terms of leather like the Boxtrot, it is boxy and I felt it juts out against me when I wear it crossbody.

• Love
Reactions: ziagouel
That's a wonderful idea! A small will work better for you. Best of luck for you to rehome your bag soon!

I totally know what you mean about the bag being boxy and stiff (hence appearing bigger). I used to have a lovely Longchamp Heritage crossbody bag in grey. Although it is not as stiff in terms of leather like the Boxtrot, it is boxy and I felt it juts out against me when I wear it crossbody.
Thank you very much, you're the kindest! I'm sorry that style did not work out for you. We keep learning about our preferences all the time. On a business trip few months back, I've sat near a very stylish lady at the airport who had a small Mademoiselle in a gorgeous orange colour. I keep thinking about that bag from time to time but I've seen it tends to crease after wear in the lower part of the bag...? Anyway, after the Box-Trot experience, I will be careful to buy only the smaller sizes of the structured bags, haha.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I keep thinking about that bag from time to time but I've seen it tends to crease after wear in the lower part of the bag...? Anyway, after the Box-Trot experience, I will be careful to buy only the smaller sizes of the structured bags, haha.
That's a great observation about the Mademoiselle. The bottom does tend to crease a little bit if the bag is not stuffed full when in storage. The Mademoiselle leather is actually more pliable than the Boxtrot. The Mademoiselle looks structured but not as stiff like the Boxtrot. I've owned the Mademoiselle before and I prefer it to the Boxtrot. The small Mademoiselle turned out to be too big for my needs. The XS was perfect; both in term of size and capacity.

Reactions: ziagouel
That's a great observation about the Mademoiselle. The bottom does tend to crease a little bit if the bag is not stuffed full when in storage. The Mademoiselle leather is actually more pliable than the Boxtrot. The Mademoiselle looks structured but not as stiff like the Boxtrot. I've owned the Mademoiselle before and I prefer it to the Boxtrot. The small Mademoiselle turned out to be too big for my needs. The XS was perfect; both in term of size and capacity.
Thank you for the details! Will definitely be focusing on the smaller sizes. I've never felt Mademoiselle leather so I need to check it out. Next time I'm in the LC outlet, I'll know what to look for :biggrin: not that there aren't enough distractions!

• Haha
Reactions: frenziedhandbag