Show off your Straight To Hell ( STH) Jackets!!

yellowsuitcase said:
I think it would be really hard to do something like that.

The main thing that bothers me is the squelching though. I mean, the rest is a question of aesthetics. I want something more slouchy but sharp isnt a bad look. The noise (literal noise) is something that kills the jacket because it gets really embarrassing.

To members who also have this jacket, does the squelching go away ever?

My blk one makes a little noise but doesn't bother me, it's new so with anything it takes use And time to break in, since it's Buffalo leather it's very durable, a lot more stiffer than calf or lamb, its not lambskin like the bal jackets! I love mine, can't wait to wear it when it gets cold!
I still can't believe you washed it, omg I really thought it would be destroyed! I heard of people taking the Bal jackets in for leather cleaning and it got messed it.

I was hoping that it would be destroyed! Haha.

However, it's still damp right now so it's probably too early to tell if there are any lasting damages, but from what I can tell, not much.

Perhaps the horrendous squeaking is the because I've washed it too much?

Lvgirl71, hi!
I need your advice! I know that this post is too old and maybe you are not reading this forum now.. But I hope that you do! I'm going to buy a straight to hell jacket in Internet, because I'm from Russia and we don'et have STH shops here..
I'm really mad about the sizes.. I can't understand what size do I need.. I'm usually US size 4, but I'm tall and slim and hands are long :smile: Though I usually wear size s ... And here according to STH size chart I see that size s measurements are not like mine...Could you please tell me do the measurements of the real jacket match the measurements they write on the site? Chest: 36 inches, shoulder 14,5 inches.... I'm really confused.. Because my chest is 36 inches,,, But my shoulders are 40 santimetres , it's about 15,5 inches... But this measurement means size L.... :sad:(( Please could you advice, just tell the measures of your women's jacket.. So that I could realize and choose a size for me... Please! Will be very grateful!
Thanks in advance,
Best wishes,
Janie

My blk one makes a little noise but doesn't bother me, it's new so with anything it takes use And time to break in, since it's Buffalo leather it's very durable, a lot more stiffer than calf or lamb, its not lambskin like the bal jackets! I love mine, can't wait to wear it when it gets cold!
I still can't believe you washed it, omg I really thought it would be destroyed! I heard of people taking the Bal jackets in for leather cleaning and it got messed it.
Lvgirl71, hi!
I need your advice! I know that this post is too old and maybe you are not reading this forum now.. But I hope that you do! I'm going to buy a straight to hell jacket in Internet, because I'm from Russia and we don'et have STH shops here..
I'm really mad about the sizes.. I can't understand what size do I need.. I'm usually US size 4, but I'm tall and slim and hands are long :smile: Though I usually wear size s ... And here according to STH size chart I see that size s measurements are not like mine...Could you please tell me do the measurements of the real jacket match the measurements they write on the site? Chest: 36 inches, shoulder 14,5 inches.... I'm really confused.. Because my chest is 36 inches,,, But my shoulders are 40 santimetres , it's about 15,5 inches... But this measurement means size L.... :sad:(( Please could you advice, just tell the measures of your women's jacket.. So that I could realize and choose a size for me... Please! Will be very grateful!
Thanks in advance,
Best wishes,
Janie

Hi there!
You are my size, I wear a Small in the women's defector size and a 32 or 34 in the unisex size. 32 is fit and snug but cannot zip and 34 I can zip and have room to layer clothes or a sweater. Yes the measurements are pretty close to chart, I have a 34 inch chest.

Bad news.

The above.

Despite what I did, the leather is barely distressed at all. It's not, and probably never will be, a drapey motorcycle jacket. The leather is just too tough and thick for that.

The cut is also rather weird. The back around the shoulders/armpit area is cut very generously while the waist is cut a little small so the shoulders look at least 2 sizes too big from the back and when the jacket is zipped, it looks like I have a tummy.

The jacket is also rather noisy. The buckles, zips and even the leather itself makes a lot of noise whenever I move. The leather "squelches" A LOT.

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the bal moto jacket -- a drapey motorcycle jacket and I don't think this is it.

This is the correct cut of a true motorcycle jacket. It enables the rider to reach the handlebars without feeling confined in the jacket. The sleeves of a moto should also be extra long too, so that when you reach out in front you (like you're riding) the end of the sleeve doesn't ride up your arm.

LOL, I surprised it's still squeaking after washing. You are brave to put in washer! I have been tempted to put a leather I've had for 27 years in the washer but I'm too afraid! I used to wear Chloe perfume and the jacket smells like it. That jacket and I have been through alot together.

Thanks for posting this jacket. I never heard of these. I'll try to post my jackets in the other thread this weekend. I only have my phone camera and it's kinda crappy.

Last edited:
Here's my Ladies Defector in black size Small.

Do you notice a difference in leather between Unisex Defector & Ladies Defector?
I ordered a Unisex maroon for my son's GF and it's too small and I need to exchange. I was thinking about exchanging it for a ladies Defector blue.
The unisex leather is stiff, was hoping the ladies is softer. :smile: The website says the leather is different...just curious if it's true.

Here is me in in my casual outfits wearing the pink and maroon jackets! Wow for only $285!! It's the best value for your money$$$

Pink jacket fits loose, size 34, can zip
Maroon jacket fits snug, size 32, can't zip

Do you still have these jackets? If so, how are they breaking in? I'm thinking about the maroon so I can stop obsessing over finding a Margaux Bal jacket in my size at a reasonable price.