Show off your handbag straps!

I'm a late participant in the handbag strap trend. My early resistance was that most were reminiscent of guitar straps which have a bit of a boho vibe which isn't a match for my personal style. Plus, I was shell shocked by the prices. I don't mind spending 4 figures on a bag. But the idea of doing so on a strap was a complete no go. :no: LOL!

But, as the trend has matured, straps in different styles and price ranges have emerged. And, I've bought this amazing strap from Coach! It's a divine / chewy thick leather with excellent craftsmanship, great functionality with the wide profile for comfort and the mini straps at each end to discreetly adjust the length and oh so cute details like a mini Dino charm OMG!!!! I absolutely LOVE it! View attachment 3841893
Plus!!! It's PERFECT for multiple bags I own. I bought it with my Fendi By the Way in mind and it's all I could want and more. This $150 strap elevates my $1800 bag. :lol:View attachment 3841897It also breathes new life into my Monika Chiang pony hair bucket bag. How cool is it that the chain on the strap coordinates with the chain on the bag's short handle!!!View attachment 3841894
And perhaps the biggest impact is on my Roberto Cavalli tote! WOW! This is transformational! Not only does it enhance the look but it also greatly enhances the functionality of the bag. It already has shoulder straps with a good drop but with the new strap, this is now a super functional crossbody travel tote!!View attachment 3841895 View attachment 3841896
I'm sharing this first because I'm thrilled and surprised with how much one strap will do for multiple bags. Second, I want to see your lovely straps and hear how they've enhanced your bags and your life! And third, I'm hoping to get suggestions for straps for my salmon pink (Tamaris) and bright red (Fuoco) Prada double zips in hopes of giving them much needed new life! :pray: I'd love something colorful that incorporates a bit of the bag color and is feminine and classic in style for these bags. (Not boho or edgy) I'm ok to a price point up to about $500ish but would prefer $250ish or less. Please share your ideas. :smile:
View attachment 3841899View attachment 3841902 So, let the games begin. Show off your bags with their new straps!
This is such a fun thread, thanks for starting it. I just discovered it!!

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Love my Off White straps

img_20181107_141816-jpg.4245521
1068202_in_xl-jpg.4245523

Attachments

• IMG_20181107_143422.jpg
    IMG_20181107_143422.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_20181107_151110-crop.jpg
    IMG_20181107_151110-crop.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Reviving this thread to share my latest find, that I’m thrilled about. I think it may be some type of native made belt (not sure), but it is a lovely one piece woven & beaded sash or belt (?) and it makes a great purse strap for my Longchamp. I couldn’t have imagined anything that I would have liked better. Looks great with a black bag too!
View attachment 4245284 View attachment 4245285
It's perfect with it!!

Reactions: Molly0
I love the whole strap trend but like Sparkle I can’t bring myself to spend that kind of money on a strap. I did want to get a chain strap to wear with my Diorama satchel and Mautto.com had the best match View attachment 4335339

It comes with a nice, comfy canvas strap but like the idea of the chain strap for dressier days.
I’m confused. What was the original strap and what did you replace it with? This looks similar to the original strap but I think I see some clasps near the bag hardware at the top.

Please clarify & show! :smile:

Reactions: fitofrage
I’m confused. What was the original strap and what did you replace it with? This looks similar to the original strap but I think I see some clasps near the bag hardware at the top.

Please clarify & show! :smile:

IMG_0884.JPG

Here’s a pic of the bag with the original Dior canvas strap.

Can I say I’m a little happy you’re confused? I was wondering if the new long chain strap was a good match to the shorter one. I think Mautto did a good job sending me a match and was wondering what others thought.

IMG_1143.JPG

Here’s a pic of the 2 different straps

IMG_1144.JPG

And you can see the bag comes with a permanent short chain strap.

View attachment 4336538

Here’s a pic of the bag with the original Dior canvas strap.

Can I say I’m a little happy you’re confused? I was wondering if the new long chain strap was a good match to the shorter one. I think Mautto did a good job sending me a match and was wondering what others thought.

View attachment 4336539

Here’s a pic of the 2 different straps

View attachment 4336540

And you can see the bag comes with a permanent short chain strap.
Thanks for sharing!!! I have 3 Dioramas, 2 of which were bought in store of which one which is Ltd edition. I share this because I adore the bags and yet I had no idea that there was a canvas strap version. Where have I been? Lol!!! I also share my love of Dioramas to let you know I have a bit of familiarity with the chains and still wouldn’t have noticed anything odd about your chain in passing. I would have to hold the chain to see the style / weight. And, I’d have to scrutinize it (like I did on your pic) to notice the lobster claw / link attachment. Perhaps post this on the Dior thread to see if hard core evaluators notice it???

Dior has so much going on right now with straps that I wouldn’t worry about it for one second if I were you. Only we crazy purse hounds know anything about bags.

Enjoy your new chain on your lovely bag!!

Reactions: Sunshine mama