Show me your Tacori engagement rings!

I am so excited to be able to post on this thread! This past weekend DBF and I were out looking at rings and I completely fell in love with a Tacori setting...the next thing I knew we were picking out center stones and signing the paperwork to get it ordered! I still can't believe it happened and I have no idea how I'm going to wait the 4-6 weeks our SA told us it will take!

Initially, we were going to go with something we found while visiting the Diamond District in NYC, but DBF was getting a little nervous about working with someone out-of-state and not having a local go-to person. I had always been dead set against halos, but as soon as I saw this, I knew I had to have it...it doesn't even seem like a true halo to me, since it sits a little lower than the center stone...it's more just a nice piece of frosting!

We selected the 2628 with sapphire side stones and a 1.5 H VS1 cushion cut center stone.

This is kind of what it will look like, but instead of the round brilliant pictured, it will have my new cushion. I can't wait until it's here and I can post pictures of the real thing!!!

View attachment 1456668
View attachment 1456669

Beautiful.. this is exactly what I have saved in my emails for a setting upgrade in 2 years.. lol. :P Please post pics when you receive it~! Congrats!

this is a little old...but I thought I'd give it a bump!! I was at the mall with a friend the other day and found myself wandering into the jeweler that sold tacori haha. I've loved the 2620 for a while and happened to snap a picture of it but I also discovered the 2638...has the same beautiful basket but doesn't have the halo! Can't decide which one I love more. Here's a pic of the 2620 rdmdp (with CZ center) from the jeweler...:hbeat::love:

And this is my Tacori ering with the non-Tacori custom band I'm having made:

customnovo.jpg
I loved all the pics you posted when you did your reveal, if I didn't already say so like a year ago! hehe. question for you though, does your band sit flush with your e-ring?

Attachments

• image-3553592784.jpg
    image-3553592784.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 8,265
this is a little old...but I thought I'd give it a bump!! I was at the mall with a friend the other day and found myself wandering into the jeweler that sold tacori haha. I've loved the 2620 for a while and happened to snap a picture of it but I also discovered the 2638...has the same beautiful basket but doesn't have the halo! Can't decide which one I love more. Here's a pic of the 2620 rdmdp (with CZ center) from the jeweler...:hbeat::love:

I loved all the pics you posted when you did your reveal, if I didn't already say so like a year ago! hehe. question for you though, does your band sit flush with your e-ring?

Thank you!!! After a year and I still adore my ring, I saw the 2620 first then went to the 2639 (round halo) and even thought of the 2638 too!

My wedding band does absolutely sit flush. I had a very low spacer made that separated the band from the engagement ring. I found that even with the matching band (2630 I believe), it still rubbed the edge of the basket. The spacer moved the band further enough away that it doesn't touch the basket anymore. The ring isn't made with a donut for the halo so it makes it easy for bands to be flush if low enough.

whoops said:
Thank you!!! After a year and I still adore my ring, I saw the 2620 first then went to the 2639 (round halo) and even thought of the 2638 too!

My wedding band does absolutely sit flush. I had a very low spacer made that separated the band from the engagement ring. I found that even with the matching band (2630 I believe), it still rubbed the edge of the basket. The spacer moved the band further enough away that it doesn't touch the basket anymore. The ring isn't made with a donut for the halo so it makes it easy for bands to be flush if low enough.

ah good to know! so you just wear your custom WB with your ER together and no worries about rubbing against each other or the basket?

the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I like the 2638 and just having the stone take center stage without the lovely halo...plus it's still got that beautiful basket! the only thing is I kinda like the look of the double claw prongs on the 2620..not sure how that would look on a solitaire without the halo and if the extra metal would overpower the center. would prob be an easy customization if I really wanted it though, right?

pandapharm said:
ah good to know! so you just wear your custom WB with your ER together and no worries about rubbing against each other or the basket?

the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I like the 2638 and just having the stone take center stage without the lovely halo...plus it's still got that beautiful basket! the only thing is I kinda like the look of the double claw prongs on the 2620..not sure how that would look on a solitaire without the halo and if the extra metal would overpower the center. would prob be an easy customization if I really wanted it though, right?

Yup! I wear my engagement ring, spacer then wedding band with absolutely no problem. Milligrain from basket completely in tact.

It should be easy to customize but I don't think the look would be the same necessarily. The basket of the 2638 has more square-ish corners while the 2620 is slightly more rounded off if that makes sense. With the halo, the prongs stem from the halo edges and without it, its one prong that comes from the edge of the entire basket. It's one of the reasons we ended up going with the 2639. The halo really felt like it was more fluid. If you look at the profile pictures of the ring, you'll kinda see what I mean about where the prongs stem from. Also, if u do order, tacori does do two types of prongs. Many of the display models don't have finished prongs. Mines are very claw like while the displays tend to be more bulky and chunky.

Tacori really does make the most beautiful rings! Do you plan on getting engaged soon? Congrats if so!

Yup! I wear my engagement ring, spacer then wedding band with absolutely no problem. Milligrain from basket completely in tact.

It should be easy to customize but I don't think the look would be the same necessarily. The basket of the 2638 has more square-ish corners while the 2620 is slightly more rounded off if that makes sense. With the halo, the prongs stem from the halo edges and without it, its one prong that comes from the edge of the entire basket. It's one of the reasons we ended up going with the 2639. The halo really felt like it was more fluid. If you look at the profile pictures of the ring, you'll kinda see what I mean about where the prongs stem from. Also, if u do order, tacori does do two types of prongs. Many of the display models don't have finished prongs. Mines are very claw like while the displays tend to be more bulky and chunky.

Tacori really does make the most beautiful rings! Do you plan on getting engaged soon? Congrats if so!

oh but you still have to wear them with a spacer to avoid the rubbing...not sure how I feel about that! I know what you mean with the prongs coming from the bottom...if I go with 2638 I'd get a cushion for sure (well maybe even with the 2620) so the squarish edges are okay. I did notice the difference in prongs though! I was hoping that most of them (once finished) were more claw-like than blunt and chunky so I'm glad to hear yours are more claw-like!

Not exactly planning on getting engaged soon, but it is happening all around me and as I love jewelry I can't stop thinking about these beautiful sparkly rings!!! DBF and I have only been together shy of 2 years (officially only about 1.5 yrs haha) but I wouldn't want it to happen until after we graduate anyway (which isn't until May 2013) and maybe even until we are established in our jobs.

This is the one I have! Love how the halo is subtle so it's timeless!

Not the best quality since they are pics from my phone, but there you go :smile:. Pics with my jeans were taken in the car, so it kind of reflects the beige ceiling...and the other was a cloudy beach day.