Show Me Your Nail Art!!

My toenails match my fingernails for a change. I used OPI All Sparkly and Gold, and China Glaze Ruby Pumps and Glittering Garland.

Attachments

• xmas nails opi all sparkly and gold .jpg
    xmas nails opi all sparkly and gold .jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 368
  • xmas toes red gold green ungaro 1.jpg
    xmas toes red gold green ungaro 1.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 356
Playing around with water decals and gel polish
Very pretty! How long do you find that the water decals last under gel top coat?

Haven't used them as I find that even normal stickers only last about 5 days before lifting. I have a home salon and almost all of my clients have acrylics and only come in every 2-3 weeks. So really need something that will last. Have found stamping works well.

Very pretty! How long do you find that the water decals last under gel top coat?

Haven't used them as I find that even normal stickers only last about 5 days before lifting. I have a home salon and almost all of my clients have acrylics and only come in every 2-3 weeks. So really need something that will last. Have found stamping works well.

This is the first time I've used water decals so I'm not sure how long they'll last to be honest. I'm doing a little experiment with 2 different top coats to see if one lasts better than the other (I haven't had any luck with foils and gel polish, so I'm hoping the decals last better). I've got 2 coats of Gelaze top coat on one hand and 2 coats of Gelish Top it Off on the other. Am happy to give you an update on how they last if you like.

Oh yes I'd like to hear how they go! FYI I've been doing foils with gel polish for a few months now with great lasting success! They don't lift but after 2-3 weeks they can start to wear at the tips. My process is this. Do a complete gel polish manicure incl top coat (i always use Gelish Top it Off ) and wipe off tacky layer. Next i remove the shine with a 220 grit file, cleanse, apply foil glue, wait til dries clear, apply foils. Then I apply 2 coats TIO as normal. Found this method on YouTube and really works well - good luck!

Last edited:
Oh yes I'd like to hear how they go! FYI I've been doing foils with gel polish for a few months now with great lasting success! They don't lift but after 2-3 weeks they can start to wear at the tips. My process is this. Do a complete gel polish manicure incl top coat (i always use Gelish Top it Off ) and wipe off tacky layer. Next i remove the shine with a 220 grit file, cleanse, apply foil glue, wait til dries clear, apply foils. Then I apply 2 coats TIO as normal. Found this method on YouTube and really works well - good luck!

Oh thank you for that, I'll definitely give that a go. I love the look of the foils but just wasn't having any luck with them lasting. I found they started to lift after a couple of days. What you describe is the method I use for stamping, but I hadn't thought to try it with the foils. I was putting the glue onto the colour coat once the tacky layer was removed (which is what I did with the decals as well). I'll try it with buffed Top it Off next time. I'll also try it with the decals if these ones don't last well. I'm hoping they will, as the decals are so fine, I can't even feel the edge of them when I run my nail over them.

I'll let you know how they go. My manis don't last as long as yours, I get about 10-12 days out of them before I start to get tip wear, but that's plenty of time for them to start lifting if they're going to. Awesome that you get 2-3 weeks :smile: