Shouldn't take it personally but..hit buying limit?

You don't need to have them with you, technically. That's actually my workaround lol. It is perfectly fine, and better imo, to purchase a gift under the recipient's name though. If they want to return, exchange, or inquire about a repair in the future, it makes things a lot easier.

The return/exchange would either be a credit to their account, your account, or a return to your credit card (I think on the last part). I don't know the exact way they credit, since the SA who sold my mom a gift for me accidentally put it under the wrong client's name. They were able to fix it without charging her again, so it obviously came back as a credit to someone's account.

When I had to get my bag repaired, they did ask for purchase history info, since it was a new and limited piece. The piece was originally available at a dept store, in a different state. I've never bought from that chain, so I asked a family member who had a purchase history for help. They didn't tell the SA to put the bag under my name. I basically told lv that it was a gift, purchased under so and so's name. I had to give at least one form of their contact info. This was the first time LV asked me to confirm purchase history and contact info for a repair. Given the bag's limited status, how new the bag was when it needed fixing, AND it wasn't under my profile, I understood their caution.

Long story short, purchase gifts under the recipient's name. It makes their life easier.

Wow I honestly didn’t know that! Thank you for sharing. I will definitely do that then!

Update: Hi everyone, I went in store today to purchase some stuff. This last purchase definitely went over the LV limit for how many items to buy consecutively, but the store really didn’t care. I was worried for nothing. I guess I over analyzed too much. I was expecting the worst case scenarios but LV has been very relaxed and super friendly about buying for Christmas gifts!

Update: I have gone over the purchase limit as I have purchased the ff items within the last 4 weeks:

Monogram cosmetic case, PM
Key pouch
Flat Card Holder
Reverse mono flat card holder
Monogram Mini Pochette
Damier Ebene Mini Pochette
Recto Verso Card holder

*The most recent purchase (Recto Verso) was shipped to me by a sales associate and when I told her I was worried about purchase limits, she said it wasn’t really a big deal if I order with the store. She even told me to text her and she can look for my other wish list pieces.

So there you go. Myth busted! Nothing bad will happen if you go over the limit of you have a “home store” you shop with. I’m guessing due to the pandemic, LV is not as strict. And if you are honestly buying for gifts and they’re not all multiples of the same thing, it’s ok. Word of caution though, I’m just sharing my personal experience so pls ask your SA to be sure!

Thank goodness I stopped shopping at Louis Vuitton, their designs look like they are trying too hard now, and most of the people I see using it are mainly high school girls, not that there is anything wrong with that but eventually you grow out of that fad.

I personally think it’s better to invest in a Hermes/ Burberry/ Chloé.

• Haha
Reactions: CAcker01
Hi all!
Bumping in here.
Last month I made some purchases while in lockdown (in AU) and as I purchased online i had issues with quality so I returned/repurchased a few items in store with an SA instead that client services put me in contact with. Because this happened with 3 items I was told my account would be ‘flagged’ as there have been multiple returns.

can someone please explain what this means?
- will I be knocked back for a return/exchange in future?
- how long is this ‘flag’ for?
- am I still allowed to purchase?
the manager was very vague and I called client services for clarification but they weren’t much help.
Thank you!

Hi all!
Bumping in here.
Last month I made some purchases while in lockdown (in AU) and as I purchased online i had issues with quality so I returned/repurchased a few items in store with an SA instead that client services put me in contact with. Because this happened with 3 items I was told my account would be ‘flagged’ as there have been multiple returns.

can someone please explain what this means?
- will I be knocked back for a return/exchange in future?
- how long is this ‘flag’ for?
- am I still allowed to purchase?
the manager was very vague and I called client services for clarification but they weren’t much help.
Thank you!
See above that nfornat posted with the buying limits, exchanges are counted in that unfortunately. It especially applies to online purchases. I've noticed a lot of people seem to be allowed to buy a lot more directly through a store. It may have been too many within that month so you may have to wait until the next month to purchase online again, if you keep trying they can ban you for 2 years.