should it stay or should it go: python edition

Sorry I'm late tad but I just wanted to say that I really like the Alyona (of the two)!
Both are beautiful.
Didn't you use to have a teal alyona though? (someone said you didn't have one already but I thought you might have..maybe I"m thinking of someone else)...
either way, totally different look/color....

I love your taste ;)

^ hey, kooba! glad to see you posting again. :hugs: i used to have a teal alyona, but sold it. i liked it, but didn't love it enough to keep it. i think it was the color. i finally have one in my collection, so it's all good! :smile: and thank you! that's quite a compliment coming from the lady with the most impressive blake collection on this board!

I think you made the right choice -- I started carrying my Alyona this week and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it -- it is sooooo lightweight -- I was afraid that the python would bother me hanging from my arm (it's a little "pinchy"), but I barely notice it all, and I have everything inside that I carried in my stam and there's still room left over -- I'm also getting used to the lining -- when you reach inside for something, it sorta slides right out against the silkiness of the lining (of course, leather would have been so much better:P) !!

Is the trim on the Fuschia alyona brown instead of grey? I actually like how it looks better than the stam -- It also looks like your alyona is smoother leather and not too scaley-y and wrinkled -- is that how it looks IRL?

I'm glad you kept the Alyona -- I think you're going to like it soo much better than the stam (and there are still so many other soft stams to choose from this season!)

thanks, iluv! it was tough letting go of the stam, but like you said, there are so many this season, but only one alyona. perfect timing with your post. i was sort of having some returning remorse just a second ago.

the trim color is the same: dark grey. i took the picture in my bathroom. the lighting was good, but it didn't come out too well on my iphone. should've used my camera instead.

the alyona that gabby sent over has smooth leather on the front and back. my stam had smooth leather for the most part too except for a portion of the back and sides, which had a bit of texture. there's so much variation between each bag, it's crazy!

Last edited:
Is the color really fuschia? The Stam looks Brick in the pic, and the Alyona looks pretty light.

the pic of the alyona is not accurate at all. the lighting was washing out the color. sorry for the confusion. the color in the first pic is much more accurate. you're right, the coloring is more of a brick red than fuchsia. it really is a terrible name for this color. i don't know what the design team was thinking. :confused1:

^ ..... i'm going over to the boutique this sunday .......i'm going to check out the bright navy in person. knowing mj and their color naming eccentrics, it'll probably turn out to be a sky blue or something....

^^^^ That's so true!! - I thought I saw a sky blue in the goat leather!!! - Maybe it was Resort 08

Back to topic = I think that Alyona with contrast trim it TDF!!!- Fantastic, classic choice!!

^ thanks, jackie. i'm glad i had you there for moral support. ;) the decision wasn't easy for me. i really wanted to keep the alyona, but after i compared it with the stam side by side, i realized the color wasn't as red. it looked pale and washed out. i was hoping i would be able to find a different one at the store that looked more like my stam. gabby bought out three more, but they all looked the same: pinkish and way too smooth. in the end, i figured i'd be much happier with the stam, so i kept it.

onto the next target... the daydream hobo in bright navy was looking mighty fine... :graucho:

Congrats on your decision! There was no wrong answer with those two beautiful bags in the running!
And I'm dying for someone to post "real" pics of the bright navy!! It sounds gorgeous! (A true PFer is happy with what she has but is always looking ahead;))

^^ the daydream hobo was awesome. i tried it on when you weren't looking, and loved it! go for it :smile: i had a great time yesterday btw - thanks again for lunch :heart:

IMO, the bright navy was very similar to the navy color of the seventies satchel i used to own, don't ya' think?

thank you, baglover, pursemonkey, and shop2drop! you're making me feel better about leaving the alyona behind. :smile:

^^ the daydream hobo was awesome. i tried it on when you weren't looking, and loved it! go for it :smile: i had a great time yesterday btw - thanks again for lunch :heart:

IMO, the bright navy was very similar to the navy color of the seventies satchel i used to own, don't ya' think?

:lol: why were you were trying on the bag when i wasn't looking? i'm not possessive, you know, especially of a bag that's not even mine. ;) i'm sure it looked great on you. i could've sneaked a modeling pic for the ladies here.

the navy blue is similiar to your seventies satchel, and much lighter than the indigo ines i have, which is why i like it so much more. i wasn't planning on getting another fall bag, but i can't get it out of my head. the pouchette version was really cute too. since i'm getting rid of the ines, i need something to replace it with, right?