Should I wear this "Coach inspired" bag?

I wouldn't wear it because its not a fake coach but its inspired meaning it has the hang tag and the creed patch....It would be embarrasing ...if I x'd paths with the real deal. Plus I hate cheaply made bags with plastic leather etc. But hey if you want to wear it go for it..you asked for opinions so I'm just giving mine.

It would be embarrasing ...if I x'd paths with the real deal.

There are plenty of straw bags in different brands, but I don't believe Coach has an exact duplicate of this bag, so no fears of crossing paths with the real deal. That's why others suggested taking off the hang-tag so there's no illusion of it being Coach. And who's to say Coach's straw bags weren't inspired by someone else? I don't think it looks cheap at all.

It would be embarrasing ...if I x'd paths with the real deal.

There are plenty of straw bags in different brands, but I don't believe Coach has an exact duplicate of this bag, so no fears of crossing paths with the real deal. That's why others suggested taking off the hang-tag so there's no illusion of it being Coach. And who's to say Coach's straw bags weren't inspired by someone else? I don't think it looks cheap at all.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make this offensive. She said something about researching the bag online and finding the exact same style in Coach. And I was just answering the question with my opinion attached..thats all. :P

Sorry, I didn't mean to make this offensive. She said something about researching the bag online and finding the exact same style in Coach. And I was just answering the question with my opinion attached..thats all. :P

coach doesn't make the exact same style-they make a similar style (which is what she said as to why she thought this one caught her eye as well). here is an auction of coach's similar bag (not my listing) http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-LIMITED-ED...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50 notice coach's has an "open" top where as the one she has is "closed"

coach doesn't make the exact same style-they make a similar style (which is what she said as to why she thought this one caught her eye as well). here is an auction of coach's similar bag (not my listing) http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-LIMITED-ED...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50 notice coach's has an "open" top where as the one she has is "closed"
she actually said "same" and same means exact to me...but that is neither here nor there...if she wants to wear it with confidence I think she should go for it, after all it's her bag. And I can only answer it with my opinion so my opinion is NO I wouldn't wear it.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. A fake bag is a fake bag, inspired or otherwise. I must admit, even I was tempted too pay $400 for an inspired Birkin.... but then I had too ask myself, what if I bumped into someone with the REAL DEAL, I would be MORTIFIED!!!! And then I asked myself, what if I wanted too take a day trip too Chicago and shop around? I couldn't go into Hermes with an "inspired" Birkin, and if I couldn't carry my favorite bag everywhere, then it wouldn't be worth the investment, even if it were only $10. Could you carry this bag into Coach and still hold your head up high? And even worse... what if you bumped into someone who had the REAL straw bag? And since this bag clearly wasn't made by Coach, or any other respectable bag makers, who's too say that it's origins aren't the same as a fake bag? And do you really want a bag that was made by a little girl or boy, chained too a machine? Even if it was only $10 it would NOT justify it. The blank creed, the hangtag, the buckle, the overall design is CLEARLY Coach, and even if you just take off the hangtag, I'd still think it were a Coach bag, but its only a fake. And do you really want a fake in your collection?

Last edited:
it's not a fake coach-it doesn't say coach anywhere on the bag. it is inspired by coach. and like we all said, just remove the hangtag and then it doesn't look like it's anything but a cute straw bag for summer!

Even if it doesn't say Coach, someone doesn't make a random Coach like hand tag and creed block for for the heck of it...to me really being inspired would be a basket shape, but with no creed block or tag.

But it's just my opinion, that I wouldn't like it for ME personally. If the OP wants to wear it, that's her business and I hope she wears it in good health.

To each their own, I have friends who wear actual fake bags...I would never do it...but it's their business. I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just voicing my opinion.

Last edited: