Should I sell my vintage jumbo CF for a large Boy?

mspaul

Jan 14, 2014
I've been a lurker in PF since I was like 16 lol and now that I'm a 30 year old, I finally bought my very first Chanel!

It's a 2002 burgundy Classic Flap in jumbo (I'm pretty sure it's a maxi, tho, is jumbo vintage the same as maxi?) but... I just don't love it. It's crazy how it's been years since I've been dreaming of a classic flap but now that I own it my heart is just not in it.

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-19 at 10.20.07.jpeg

I guess it just looks a little more of a grown up bag than what I go for – I'm usually with my medium Mansur Gavriel bucket or my small YSL Lou. Maybe it's the combo with gold hardware, maybe it's because it feels a little too big for my taste.

So... I'm thinking about selling it to buy a large Boy. Opinions?

I don't carry much, so the size reduction shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I love the Boy so it's really easy for me to suggest you go that way. But even if I didn't, I would probably tell you to sell this bag and move on because your heart isn't in it.

If you don’t love it, don’t keep it. These aren’t cheap bags and the funds would be better spent on something you truly love and enjoy [emoji4]

Have you tried on the large boy? I personally found that size too cumbersome with the full flap.

I've got a vintage lambskin jumbo flap, and a newish (like a year old) new medium/large Boy. While I love my vintage flap, if I didn't love it, I would definitely sell it for a large Boy. The large Boy will hold less than the jumbo, of course (and definitely a lot less than a maxi), but it can be dressed up or down, and I find it a bit less cumbersome than the vintage flap. (I think the Boy is a bit lighter because the chains aren't nearly as heavy as the 24k gold plated chains on a vintage bag!)

Reactions: jbags07
If the bag seems a bit too grown up, i think the Boy would be ideal! Did you ever think of the Garbielle ? not such a classic as the other two perhaps, but i love the style of it and in my opinion is also less "grown up" (although others may think differently!)

Reactions: vink
You said you dreamed of a classic flap is it the medium CF that you’re after? because it will wear and carry completely differently to the jumbo.
Not sure about your height and etc but large boy may be too much if you don’t carry a lot, you should also consider the old medium boy

you guys, ms large boy in burgundy just arrived and :yahoo: pretty sure she's the one! :loveeyes:

it's more youthful in a still classy way I think, great size for my daily needs and i didn't find heavy or bulky at all! i guess dreams can change overtime LOL

thanks for your replies :hbeat: