Should I sell my bags and buy one Crocodile Birkin?

I say you can order a croc and wait until you see it in real life and see how it feels then! Once your croc arrives, if you really like it and can't live without, then buy it and sell your other bags... unless you need the funds first before buying the bag.

I agree with several of the ladies here. I would not sell bags that I really love to buy the croc. It sounds like in the end you would really regret the decision. And I would definitely keep the ostrich order (but then ostrich is my favorite so maybe I am biased!).

P.S. I didn't know that croc bags didn't like water. Hmm interesting.

ON another note, concerning the discussion about ostrich bags and water, I will say that the other day it was raining and some rain hit my ostrich birkin, but it dried right on up in a matter of seconds and you couldn't even tell it had gotten wet.

I agree with everyone! You must think wisely before you make a decision that you might regret. You already have a stunning collection and it would be a shame to toss them all out for one croc birkin. If I were you, I would keep all of them (or in the worst case, sell one or two of them) and then wait until you have more funds to purchase the exotic birkins. I don't think you should rush yourself in getting a croc or ostrich birkin because you are still young. Believe me my dear, you'll have many many many more years to collect these darlings to your heart's desire ;)

Wow...tough decisions! It is easy today say what "I" would do only because each of us have different tastes!! However, you are thinking of selling most bags to acquire just one - I would take my bags out, line them up, and stare at them for days on end. Use each one (unless you know you really don't care for it) and decide if it's a keeper or a goner - do you absolutely love it? Does it have a place in your future? IMO, our desires and feelings change - what I loved even one year ago I don't any longer!! Don't think of the cost of them at the time...just try to decide if you really, really want it in your life. I'm pretty good about being able to say goodbye to bags, of course to fund more bags!! I'm not a huge fan of croc, however, I do enjoy looking at them and they are possibly growing on me! I am an ostrich lover....without a doubt! I would also say choose a bag you are comfortable with everyday...and if the ostrich has a thing against water, is there an alternate for rainy days? If so, you have a plan! I even write lists of the bags I have, want to sell, etc....sometimes listing on paper helps...good luck!

nathansgirl1908 said:
I agree with several of the ladies here. I would not sell bags that I really love to buy the croc. It sounds like in the end you would really regret the decision. And I would definitely keep the ostrich order (but then ostrich is my favorite so maybe I am biased!).

P.S. I didn't know that croc bags didn't like water. Hmm interesting.

ON another note, concerning the discussion about ostrich bags and water, I will say that the other day it was raining and some rain hit my ostrich birkin, but it dried right on up in a matter of seconds and you couldn't even tell it had gotten wet.

My SAs tell me that crocs hate water because the rain drops could go underneath the glazing. Once that happens, it's difficult to remove. But you could still bring it to be refurbished but not 100% will go away especially if it got heavily rained on. However, matte crocs seem to have this problem less.

I also second your thought on ostrich. I brought my ostrich Bolide to London this weekend and even though it was raining most of the time, the ostrich dried up immediately and left no mark at all! It's really a super leather.

duna said:
I agree with all that's been said above, and although croc is my fav exotic, I find black shiny croc particularly formal, and I can't really see it being used as an every day bag...So I personnally wouldn't sell ALL my bags to buy one black croc...You could sell just those you use or like less, and save up for the croc...;) :flowers:

I fully support Duna and the others. You seem to have a nice variety of bags available that suits lots of different styles. I think replacing it all by one shiny Croc bag would limit your options. Don't get rid of so many versatile bags to have one that is less "wearable".

I still must admit shiny croc bags are authentic jewels. I saw a brown shiny croc 30 Birkin at a wedding this year (gold hardware) and I could not take my eyes off it! They're truly hypnotising! :shocked: But not for everyday use...

KEEP YOUR COLLECTION INSTEAD!

If you want to sell, you might want to sell your vintage croc kelly since you don't wear it that often. Moreover, by selling one kelly, bear in mind it's a croc, it should be enough to cover part of the costs of a croc birkin, much more than what you get instead of selling other hermes bags.

If you need additional money, you might want to sell your other designers' handbags that you don't wear it anymore.

In that way, you still have quite a huge other collections of hermes bags and a croc birkin. As for the ostrich birkin that is still on order, my suggestion is that you cancel it and order a black croc.

A black croc birkin can be worn everywhere including grocery shopping. And black is a classic color.

OMG...thanks so much for all your great informative comments lilach,hermes lemming, duna, rochasgirl, betises lau, La Van, nathansgirl!!!! I think I'm going to pass right now on the croc Birkin and take inventory to see what I have. I need to take pictures too and post them so you can see!! Thanks!!

Yes! Pictures! Always big welcomes for pictures! And good decision, lovehermes! I am sure you will get your dream croc. birkin in the future. You are the sweeeetest lady!

ok...I need to take pics with my throw away camera and then develop a CD for the computer. Shopmom or others...what kind of camera do you get for your computer. I spend money on Hermes but not on cameras...lol.

Oh my God, you are just like me!!! I also spend so much money on Hermes, but I do not have a good camera! I also have to develop pictures and put in a CD to be able to post in computer. Wow, I am not the only one...^^

Yes Lyn I think that will be my homework this week!
Aspenmartial...I know my dad was a great photographer but I don't understand his equipment and it drives me crazy...God Bless, but I need to learn something about taking pictures for the computer!!
I think Hermes does have a camera...we should investigate!

Well.. that's tough. Considering the fact if you lose that croc birkin (got stolent, etc.), you'll be practically bagless... And then it would not be practical if you only have the croc...