Should I Keep Both, One, or Neither of These Bargain Bags? Reveal!

Great bargain finds! I vote zebra if you only want to keep one.....sorry, I'm not a patent leather fan.

I never used to be a fan of patent leather but then my job moved into the city and that means public transportation and walking in all kinds of Midwestern weather. I now have several crinkle patent bags and I probably carry them more often than most of my other bags - because I don't have to worry about them!

Last edited:
Here are Coach drill-down pics of the Madison Zebra Print North South Tote 26633 LI BMC (MSRP = $298). Coach didn't get the colors quite right either!

Attachments

• 26633_libmc_a0.jpg
    26633_libmc_a0.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 342
  • 26633_a3.jpg
    26633_a3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 334
  • 26633_a4.jpg
    26633_a4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 26633_a8.jpg
    26633_a8.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 332
Here is a Coach drill-down image of the crimson and brass Madison Patent Tote 20484 B4 CM (MSRP = $328). Proving that it is impossible to accurately capture the true colors of a red bag!

Attachments

• 20484_b4cm_a0.jpg
    20484_b4cm_a0.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 336
I got the Madison Zebra Print North South Tote 26633 LI BMC for $99.99 (MSRP = $298). I love that it is fun but still sharp-looking. It will be great for travel because it lightweight, holds a lot, and will pack easily. I also love the way that you can clip the inner straps to cinch the bag in to change the shape and make the closure more secure.

I am not crazy about bags that puddle and this one is a puddler! But it opens up so wide that I hope it won't be a problem.

I took pictures with and without flash because it is hard to see the true colors. What do you think of my first bargain bag?!
Oooo love her!

I got a crimson and brass Madison Patent Tote 20484 B4 CM for $99.99 (MSRP = $328).

When this bag first came out I loved it in both aubergine and crimson but I don't care for break-away zippers and I am not a fan of smooth patent because it shows fingerprints and flaws (although I love crinkle patent because it is more forgiving.)

I am still not crazy about these features, but when I looked at this bag today all I could think was "What a gorgeous bag for the holidays!"

Here are some pics. It is so difficult to photograph a red bag. I have taken pics with and without flash but neither is exactly accurate. It is a beautiful dark red shiny bag with shiny brass accents!
Oh how can you not love a bright, shiny red bag?!?!

I never used to be a fan of patent leather but then my job moved into the city and that means public transportation and walking in all kinds of weather. I now have several crinkle patent bags and I probably carry them more often than most of my other bags - because I don't have to worry about them!

Crinkle patent is a little better than plain patent. (To me.) I had one fabric bag, it was my first coach bag and it was a gift from my daughter.......that fabric bag has black crinkle patent trim.....with zebra Kelsey I now have 2 fabric bags.

You're right about the weather factor, you don't have to worry about patent leather or coated canvas getting rained or snowed on.

Thanks, I am pretty sure that the zebra tote is a keeper. I will try her out inside the house first to see if the puddling factor is a big issue.

I don't have a fabric tote, but I do have the Madison Leather tote that is similar and also puddles. Oddly, it really only puddles annoyingly when it is totally empty. When my stuff is in it, it works just fine, so maybe this one will work the same way for you. Both are great bags and great deals! Congrats! :smile:

I don't have a fabric tote, but I do have the Madison Leather tote that is similar and also puddles. Oddly, it really only puddles annoyingly when it is totally empty. When my stuff is in it, it works just fine, so maybe this one will work the same way for you. Both are great bags and great deals! Congrats! :smile:

Thank you, I am hoping that filling it with my stuff will help with the puddle problem! :biggrin:

I have the zebra E/W tote and it's a GREAT travel bag! I got mine at the outlets a few months ago for $119 I think? I've used it on all my trips since then since I'm not worried about it getting dirty. All of my other Coach bags are leather so I'm always paranoid about them scratching, etc but for the price and the fabric, I don't really care on this bag.

I would keep the zebra if you can only keep one but they're both beautiful. I'm jealous of the red patent!

I'd keep both. I have the same crimson tote and I love it. Actually have a few of them in different colors.
I have the N/S but in chenille ocelot and it's great bag. So roomy and so light weight.