Should I Keep Both, One, or Neither of These Bargain Bags? Reveal!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I stopped at the outlet today and the FP deletes were 50% off MSRP but nothing really grabbed me. Then I found 2 bags in clearance - each marked $99.99 - that I liked a lot!

I have to admit that price was a factor in buying these bags. There are things that I love about each of the bags and things that I don't care for. I probably would have passed them up at a higher price, but at such a cheap price I figured I could probably live with a few inconveniences!

I may keep one, or both, or neither! I plan to carry them around the house a bit and then decide. Want to see what I got for $200?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2013
MN
I stopped at the outlet today and the FP deletes were 50% off MSRP; but nothing that really grabbed me. Then I found 2 bags in clearance - each marked $99.99 - that I really liked!

I have to admit that price was a factor in buying these bags. There are things that I love about the 2 bags and things that I don't care for. I probably would have passed them up at a higher price, but at such a cheap price I decided I could live with a few inconveniences!

I may keep one or both or neither. I plan to carry them around the house and then decide. Want to see what I got for $200?
Yes! Please!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I got the Madison Zebra Print North South Tote 26633 LI BMC for $99.99 (MSRP = $298). I love that it is fun but still sharp-looking. It will be great for travel because it lightweight, holds a lot, and will pack easily. I also love the way that you can clip the inner straps to cinch the bag in to change the shape and make the closure more secure.

I am not crazy about bags that puddle and this one is a puddler! But it opens up so wide that I hope it won't be a problem.

I took pictures with and without flash because it is hard to see the true colors. What do you think of my first bargain bag?!

Attachments

Last edited:

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Here are some teasers for my second bag. I was attracted to this bag (a lot!) when it came out a couple of years ago, but there were a few things I didn't like about it so I passed it by.

The SA told me that it had been returned today, in perfect condition with the original tag attached and with the dustbag.

Any ideas?

Attachments

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012
Love the Madison zebra! I'm not a fabric bag person, nor an animal print one either, but the browns of this bag grabbed me......I got the kelsey.

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I got a crimson and brass Madison Patent Tote 20484 B4 CM for $99.99 (MSRP = $328).

When this bag first came out I loved it in both aubergine and crimson but I don't care for break-away zippers and I am not a fan of smooth patent because it shows fingerprints and flaws (although I love crinkle patent because it is more forgiving.)

I am still not crazy about these features, but when I looked at this bag today all I could think was "What a gorgeous bag for the holidays!"

Here are some pics. It is so difficult to photograph a red bag. I have taken pics with and without flash but neither is exactly accurate. It is a beautiful dark red shiny bag with shiny brass accents!

Attachments

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012
I got a crimson and brass Madison Patent Tote 20484 B4 CM for $99.99 (MSRP = $328).

When this bag first came out I loved it in both aubergine and crimson but I don't care for break-away zippers and I am not a fan of smooth patent because it shows fingerprints and flaws (although I love crinkle patent because it is more forgiving.)

I am still not crazy about these features, but when I looked at this bag today all I could think was "What a gorgeous bag for the holidays!"

Here are some pics. It is so difficult to photograph a red bag. I have taken pics with and without flash but neither is exactly accurate. It is a beautiful dark red shiny bag with shiny brass accents!

Great bargain finds! I vote zebra if you only want to keep one.....sorry, I'm not a patent leather fan.