should I give my friend the bag ??

I would give it to her.. there's no point in causing a little rift over a store bag, right?

invisicat said:
Your friend sounds shallow and petty and whiny and manipulative. If you don't need the bag give it to her. But is this really the kind of person you want to hang out with?

but i agree on this one.. is she really someone you want to continue hanging out with?

:flowers:

I don't think you should give her anything. She was a total b*tch to you, maybe if she asked nicely then yes....but I know if someone said those things to me I would be very hurt...giving her the bag would just show her that she can walk all over you....and she's a hypocrite too, saying you want the bags to show off (which you probably don't anyway) and then saying she wants one to show off.....

I know exactly what you mean, like when she asked for the bag and I said NO she said "well my other friend gave me a dior mirror" and I was like :-0 and the things she says are over board for a store bag

Personally I don't see what's the big deal about being able to carry around a Louis Vuitton shopping bag. If your friend carries the shopping bag but does not carry an LV handbag, or if she's carrying around other things in the shopping bag, then it's just :shrugs: IMO. Give it to her and see what she'll do with it. :graucho:

Like I know what your saying about giving her the bag...afterall it is only a store bag...and I get what your saying BalenciagaPlaneT, its the way she went about asking for it. But she will hassle me loads if I do not give her it she will never stop talking about it :sad:

If you don't want to hang out with her specifically, then just gradually start hanging out with other people more. I understand you may be in group situations a lot, but if you don't want to seek out her company, don't. You don't have to be mean or rude about it.

It looks like you are still pretty young from another post of yours I read, correct? As you go through life, you will find that some people come in and out of your life, and that's all right. Sometimes people grow apart.

Seek out others who really do share your interests, and start making plans with them. If she calls wanting to go out, and you have other plans, she will have to find other people to hang out with. If you want, you might go out occasionally with her, just taper it off. Gradually, she will be hanging out with others more, and so will you. This way, the change will come naturally, and will hopefully not be offensive or obvious.

Or, you could just tell her off and never speak to her again. ;) This is your other option.

thanks for your advice. At the moment im at high school and will probably just hang out with her for the rest of this year and then find some more like minded people. I think that the problem is that nobody has the same tastes as me in my school and my friend is trying to act as if she does. But now I want different things and Im going to move on. Thanks guys

invisicat said:
If you don't want to hang out with her specifically, then just gradually start hanging out with other people more. I understand you may be in group situations a lot, but if you don't want to seek out her company, don't. You don't have to be mean or rude about it.

It looks like you are still pretty young from another post of yours I read, correct? As you go through life, you will find that some people come in and out of your life, and that's all right. Sometimes people grow apart.

Seek out others who really do share your interests, and start making plans with them. If she calls wanting to go out, and you have other plans, she will have to find other people to hang out with. If you want, you might go out occasionally with her, just taper it off. Gradually, she will be hanging out with others more, and so will you. This way, the change will come naturally, and will hopefully not be offensive or obvious.

Or, you could just tell her off and never speak to her again. ;) This is your other option.

I agree. I think we all have had, or will have, friends like this. As far as the bag, I suggest you do what you feel comfortable doing with it.