Should i change my name?

The question is not whether you love Lisa Marie Presley, but whether you love the name Lisa Marie for itself enough to keep it for life.

And while you can most certainly change it any time, if you should decide that you really do want a different name, the sooner you do it, the better, for the practical consideration that the older you get, the more people you will know, and thus the more complicated a name change will be, for other people as well as for you.

If you decide to change it, you will have to choose a new name, which might sound like fun until you consider how many times your favorite things - names, colors, pizza topping - have changed already during your lifetime, and now you are asking yourself to choose something that will make you as happy when you are 90 as it does today, which is not what I would consider a fair thing to ask of any young person.

We all have the option of changing our name. There's a reason so few of us do. Several reasons, in fact, and you will be in a much better position to enumerate and describe each of them than I.

The good news is that although it may be hard to figure out which name you will like as much when you are 90 as you do today, I do not think that it is likely that you will ever like having the first thing people say to you be a comment about the daughter of a late lamented celebrity any more than you do today.

On the contrary, if today it makes you annoyed, another few decades of it and you may find yourself having to pay a professional to help you with anger management issues.

I am sure that all of us here would love to help you choose a new name, and our help will be of very little use to you, though no doubt a source of great amusement, and anybody named Lisa Marie can use all the amusement they can get.

And it now gives me great pleasure to assume the greater honor of being the first to articulate what so many are too polite to ask:

What were your parents thinking?

Cheeky lol :P Erm, well i do like the name, its just the comments i always get when i say what my name is. I guess i'll just stick with it. I really dont like the thought of just being Lisa or dropping the lisa because then its boring.

Cheeky lol :P Erm, well i do like the name, its just the comments i always get when i say what my name is. I guess i'll just stick with it. I really dont like the thought of just being Lisa or dropping the lisa because then its boring.

Then tweak it. Become Marilisa, or whatever you like. Introduce yourself as that, use it everywhere but on official documents.

We all know people whose real names only appear on paper, people named Marguerite who are called Rita to such an extent that most people who know them have no idea her name is not Rita.

That way, you only have to deal with the comments when handing in filled out forms.