Should I bring my Galliera with me for an overseas trip?

I would bring a crossbody bag just to be safe. My Eva and MAMM both have crossbody straps, so if a purse snatcher were to come close, they wouldn't even be able to take your bag. But it's up to you.

And Hong Kong? I wouldn't even worry about HK! They have lots of high end shops, don't they? I wouldn't worry about it. Poorer places I would worry, though. But HK would be totally fine.

OK!!

But a friend just told me bringing your LV bag for a holiday might sort of attract unwanted attention... she's worried about bag-snatchers, and trying to discourage me from doing so...

Maybe i should think twice about this ???

IT depends. IF you go to poorer areas, then yes. But I would stay away from that area. I went on a Mexican Riviera and brought my $500 Eva with me (along with the crossbody strap), RM MAMM and it was fine. I think Hong Kong would be no problem.

Last edited:
OK!!

But a friend just told me bringing your LV bag for a holiday might sort of attract unwanted attention... she's worried about bag-snatchers, and trying to discourage me from doing so... :nono:

Maybe i should think twice about this ??? :thinking:
it depends where you're going... i mean if you know you might end up in a shady place, then by all means do NOT bring your designer bag! something bad might happen..... and you're just asking for it when you bring your lv to a shady place. but if you're going to be hanging around hotels, restaurants and other places where designer stuff will be appreciated then it will be okay. :] though from personal experience with traveling, i like not worrying about what's on my shoulder and just taking in the sights. lol

I think you should bring your bag. Galleria is big enough to knock a bag snatcher over the head if they try anything.:roflmfao:

Just kidding if you are worried about that. I would bring it along with another bag and see how you feel once you are there. Have fun!

Haha! With its size, the Galliera can surely knock someone over the head :lolots:

I'll go with your suggestion to stuff an extra bag in my luggage, just in case :P

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing!

I would bring a crossbody bag just to be safe. My Eva and MAMM both have crossbody straps, so if a purse snatcher were to come close, they wouldn't even be able to take your bag. But it's up to you.

And Hong Kong? I wouldn't even worry about HK! They have lots of high end shops, don't they? I wouldn't worry about it. Poorer places I would worry, though. But HK would be totally fine.

IT depends. IF you go to poorer areas, then yes. But I would stay away from that area. I went on a Mexican Riviera and brought my $500 Eva with me (along with the crossbody strap), RM MAMM and it was fine. I think Hong Kong would be no problem.

I have no crossbody bags, else I would have brought them with me unless I go get one just for this trip...hehe :greengrin:

But whatever it is, I should not worry so much since I am going for a holiday right?
So Galliera it is! Thanks so much for helping me decide! :ty:

it depends where you're going... i mean if you know you might end up in a shady place, then by all means do NOT bring your designer bag! something bad might happen..... and you're just asking for it when you bring your lv to a shady place. but if you're going to be hanging around hotels, restaurants and other places where designer stuff will be appreciated then it will be okay. :] though from personal experience with traveling, i like not worrying about what's on my shoulder and just taking in the sights. lol

Hi, yes point taken. And so I shall bring my Galliera (and top up with an extra bag somewhere in my luggage, just in case) :biggrin:

And why am I worrying so much - just go enjoy my holiday LOL! :yahoo: