should i be pissed? i think i should...

It sounds like The Evening from Hell.

I notice the first thing you say about your "hostess" is that you don't really like her.

So in order to get something positive out of the experience, take it as an indication that your instinct, at least in her case, was right.

If she makes it impossible for you to remain completely silent on the subject, I would smile and say something to the effect of "you all certainly seemed to enjoy yourselves," leaning heavily on the scientifically proven principle that it doesn't matter so much what you say as how you say it.

And to be able to courteously decline future invitations, invent a boyfriend if you have to. One who doesn't drink. Maybe a recovering alcoholic who doesn't even go to bars, since he has only been sober for five or ten, or whatever number of years would be age-appropriate. And because he is so very special, you don't really like to talk about him a lot, just a lowered eyes, secret half-smile, head the teensiest bit to one side, half-whispered, "he's um, kind of special," and smile, shake head when pressed further, you really have to get back to work, yours is a busy workplace and you are not there to daydream about your boyfriend.