Should I be concerned? Is this a red flag?

MrsB

O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
Have a Violet City with GH that I purchased at Barneys (Madison Ave.) a few weeks ago. I LOVE it...but the tab to the inside zipper pull has become detached several times. (Hard to describe - the actual zipper is fine, but the leather tab - the "handle" of the zipper mechanism - comes off.) I can reattach it (fairly easily), but I have a paranoid side and I'm starting to wonder if there will be other problems with the bag down the line (although it seems fine).

I realize that I sound like a nut - but I trust all of you! Thanks. :s

Robotdoll, here are photos.

One photo shows what happens when the pull is detached.

The other photos shows the "repair."

It's the inside pocket (so it's not immediately visible) - but I agree with your comment about it being a new bag. Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• eBay 012 (Small).jpg
    eBay 012 (Small).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 144
  • eBay 015 (Small).jpg
    eBay 015 (Small).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 138
I don't think it means anything else would go wrong, but it would bother me all the same. Can the store repair it?(send it out to get fixed). I mean, unless they have another bag for you, I'd want it fixed.

Call Balenciaga and see if it can be tightened for you by them. Otherwise, see if you can get a replacement. That problem would tick me off to no end. My old dvd holder would do that everytime I pulled the zipper to open it. At $15 I just threw it out and bought a new one, but for you to have paid over $1600 for a bag and it have such a quality issue, I'd make a fuss about it.

this is the first time seeing the zipper on a b-bag detaching like that. would it be possible for you to bring it back to barneys for an exchange or to get it repair? good luck to you.

I wouldn't take it as a red flag that something else is/will be wrong too. but I will try to get them to repair this zipper pull, a small issue but it'll probably irritate me to death.

I had the same problem with a zipper tab on my lilac bag. My DH took pliers, tightened it up and I haven't had any problems since then. I'd recommend taking it to a repair shop instead, but it's about a 10 second fix.

I think your best option would be to take it back to Barney's and have them get it repaired. At this point it is unlikely they will be able to find a replacement, although it's possible (but then you might not like the leather as much).

The loop that holds the leather tab just needs to be tightened. I have had it happen on a bag of mine and a pliers should do the trick. I wouldn't worry.