Shopping your own wardrobe and/or really sticking to a budget?

Those colors would be great with your skirt. So if not that specific top, one similar but more fitted.

Or get that top fitted to you.

I need to get my Chanel jacket fitted to me. I'm glad I didn't pay full price as I think all the stuff would be so boxy on me. lol lesson learned.

Yes the colors are so gorgeous!, hopefully I could make it work [emoji849]
Oh you haven’t did Alterations yet, so you haven’t worn your Chanel?
It’s a process of learning. Some Chanel jackets are boxy, and I don’t like it,but there are so many that would don’t need alterations or too much alterations.
You will learn. I did bought my first Chanel jacket quite boxy too[emoji849]Wasn’t too bad, but still straight cut . It took me awhile to figure out what goes well with it. I didn’t needed alterations,but let’s say, I do not care much for that type of style. It’s not always easy to purchase something just by looking at the pictures. You need to examine the measurements very well as well. It’s not so hard,it’s just require practice [emoji12]

Yes the colors are so gorgeous!, hopefully I could make it work [emoji849]
Oh you haven’t did Alterations yet, so you haven’t worn your Chanel?
It’s a process of learning. Some Chanel jackets are boxy, and I don’t like it,but there are so many that would don’t need alterations or too much alterations.
You will learn. I did bought my first Chanel jacket quite boxy too[emoji849]Wasn’t too bad, but still straight cut . It took me awhile to figure out what goes well with it. I didn’t needed alterations,but let’s say, I do not care much for that type of style. It’s not always easy to purchase something just by looking at the pictures. You need to examine the measurements very well as well. It’s not so hard,it’s just require practice [emoji12]

I've worn it to get a feel for the items. The suit set is much too big for me now. I think I might either need to get alterations or sell it for one that's more fitted on me. When I looked at the measurements I think I wanted wiggle room, but this one has too much haha. The cut of the suit doesn't help either.

But it is a process. Not sure now if I should alter or just get a different one.

I've worn it to get a feel for the items. The suit set is much too big for me now. I think I might either need to get alterations or sell it for one that's more fitted on me. When I looked at the measurements I think I wanted wiggle room, but this one has too much haha. The cut of the suit doesn't help either.

But it is a process. Not sure now if I should alter or just get a different one.

It depends if you really love it . And how much alteration needs to be done. If you need to alter chest,waist or hips about 2 sizes/~4 inches so it would be fine,but if you need more than that and especially if you need to alter shoulders,so I would say no, because shoulders is the most hard and costly alterations

It depends if you really love it . And how much alteration needs to be done. If you need to alter chest,waist or hips about 2 sizes/~4 inches so it would be fine,but if you need more than that and especially if you need to alter shoulders,so I would say no, because shoulders is the most hard and costly alterations

I think the shoulders are fine. It’s the waist. It needs to be taken in. The skirt is a size too large too.

Reactions: girleuro
I think the shoulders are fine. It’s the waist. It needs to be taken in. The skirt is a size too large too.

So you should be fine. It’s easy alterations. So you need to think if you really love it and it’s worth to add the cost for alterations. If you do,get it done and enjoy. If not sell it and get something that you would truly love and enjoy for years to come,because Chanel is timeless [emoji6]

So you should be fine. It’s easy alterations. So you need to think if you really love it and it’s worth to add the cost for alterations. If you do,get it done and enjoy. If not sell it and get something that you would truly love and enjoy for years to come,because Chanel is timeless [emoji6]

I think I’ll alter the skirt suit. It’s a simple style that’s easy for me to wear, and the weight of it works for the temperature here.

The other jackets are too heavy and I overheat. Unless I’m looking at the wrong ones [emoji28]

I think I’ll alter the skirt suit. It’s a simple style that’s easy for me to wear, and the weight of it works for the temperature here.

The other jackets are too heavy and I overheat. Unless I’m looking at the wrong ones [emoji28]

Great simple suit is always great,So you can add some accessories or fancy tights with nice heel and make it more dress up,but you can also dress down. Very versatile . Now if you want lighter jackets,always look in Spring or Resort collections ones and of course,some of Pre Fall ones,which usually are very artistic. [emoji7]

Reactions: bakeacookie
Great simple suit is always great,So you can add some accessories or fancy tights with nice heel and make it more dress up,but you can also dress down. Very versatile . Now if you want lighter jackets,always look in Spring or Resort collections ones and of course,some of Pre Fall ones,which usually are very artistic. [emoji7]

After my ban I’ll look at those collections to see if there’s a non black option [emoji23] I was so wanting everything in classic black that I ignored other colors. I’d like a grey or blue one for spring-summer. The black ones I have are very fall-winter.

After my ban I’ll look at those collections to see if there’s a non black option [emoji23] I was so wanting everything in classic black that I ignored other colors. I’d like a grey or blue one for spring-summer. The black ones I have are very fall-winter.

Ha ha [emoji23] Just keep looking on the Real it does come amazing deals there
If you like black one ,check out 2012 spring collection and I think 2011 . I have black suit from 2012 It’s the same as was on runway and in all fashion magazines the white one. It’s very nice . It’s 3/4 sleeves and light. I wore it with everything (very nice to wear with long dresses on summer evening)[emoji12] So it can go through 3 seasons and very versatile. Also check 2012 Paris Bombay collection. It was amazing jackets,in that collection. I love also 2015 Resort Paris-Dubai collection
Also it was very nice more fitted jackets I believe in 2005 and 2006 collections.
Well it is so many,to choose [emoji7]And from earlier collections usually,you can find better deals.

Reactions: bakeacookie
I would have liked January to be a no shopping month, but since I had to return this dress in December and buy it in a smaller size again after New Years I have to count it as a January purchase. (Thanks girleuro...). Anyway, I wore it on Sunday for a family party, including the headpiece. I love how it goes as well with silver as it does with gold accessories, so this is the silver version due to the buttons of the jacket. I’m not planning on getting anything else this month, though!
89ADAAB8-B6D8-4D25-BC7F-4748A3E8E6E3.png

Every time I say "this is it, no more shopping" I end up buying more. So I'm better off not thinking this way :lol:
I had to buy a shopping basket just so I can shop my "closets" and bring the chosen articles to my dressing room :giggle:

Every time I say "this is it, no more shopping" I end up buying more. So I'm better off not thinking this way :lol:
I had to buy a shopping basket just so I can shop my "closets" and bring the chosen articles to my dressing room :giggle:
Well I guess you’re taking the „shopping your closet” part very seriously! :biggrin: I do envy you for having multiple closets and that you obviously have some distance between wardrobe and dressing space. So how do you decide what to wear? Is that decision made spontaneously in front of the closets or do you go back and forth with your basket?
I’ve been pretty good so far, but we’re only 18 days into the year, aren’t we...​

Well I guess you’re taking the „shopping your closet” part very seriously! :biggrin: I do envy you for having multiple closets and that you obviously have some distance between wardrobe and dressing space. So how do you decide what to wear? Is that decision made spontaneously in front of the closets or do you go back and forth with your basket?
I’ve been pretty good so far, but we’re only 18 days into the year, aren’t we...​

18 days being good is always better than 0 days being good! :smile: