Shopping your own wardrobe and/or really sticking to a budget?

Back and jet lagged. And ready to share the most boring packing list ever. As predicted, I didn't need much, didn't even wear my blue dress, because it was too cold and there was not time to go out between cleaning and babysitting. The shorts I also only wore for cleaning. I had to toss out the jumpsuit I had posted earlier, it wasn't in good shape anymore.

IMG_3252.PNG

Back and jet lagged. And ready to share the most boring packing list ever. As predicted, I didn't need much, didn't even wear my blue dress, because it was too cold and there was not time to go out between cleaning and babysitting. The shorts I also only wore for cleaning. I had to toss out the jumpsuit I had posted earlier, it wasn't in good shape anymore.

View attachment 3815002

Aww Marilyn great that you back . Maybe you will get some rest after all those cleanings and scrubbings
And your list is not boring at all. It's classy and well put together with style
Sad that you haven't able to wore your blue dress. It's so beautiful
That's what I am afraid. I don't think I am going need my any summer clothes so late in September in Europe[emoji849][emoji848] [emoji30]
I try not to think about anything. All that stress and i can't change a thing,got me in trouble,almost all week with crazy migraine. Today even still the head is heavy/sore[emoji856]
So I leave everything in God's hands. [emoji120][emoji56]
Just sad that I am not going able to wear all my summer clothes and head accessories,unless i was thinking talking to my hubby to arranging,to take mom for a week somewhere where is still warm in the end of my stay, probably around the end of October, first part of November, maybe Cyprus [emoji12] I know my mom needs some warm and vacation ,after all she was taking care of my grandpa for decade, so she haven't had any vacation and even after his passing a few years ago, i don't think that taking care of my seven year old nephew and my dad, is a great vacation either, even at the resort, she still needed to cook, etc... And I also haven't had any vacation or quality time for myself almost 9 years, so a week in the sun and no worries, sounds to me like a great idea [emoji13] only if mom gets on board [emoji848][emoji120]
Well we'll see [emoji849]

Reactions: Marylin
Aww Marilyn great that you back . Maybe you will get some rest after all those cleanings and scrubbings
And your list is not boring at all. It's classy and well put together with style
Sad that you haven't able to wore your blue dress. It's so beautiful
That's what I am afraid. I don't think I am going need my any summer clothes so late in September in Europe[emoji849][emoji848] [emoji30]
I try not to think about anything. All that stress and i can't change a thing,got me in trouble,almost all week with crazy migraine. Today even still the head is heavy/sore[emoji856]
So I leave everything in God's hands. [emoji120][emoji56]
Just sad that I am not going able to wear all my summer clothes and head accessories,unless i was thinking talking to my hubby to arranging,to take mom for a week somewhere where is still warm in the end of my stay, probably around the end of October, first part of November, maybe Cyprus [emoji12] I know my mom needs some warm and vacation ,after all she was taking care of my grandpa for decade, so she haven't had any vacation and even after his passing a few years ago, i don't think that taking care of my seven year old nephew and my dad, is a great vacation either, even at the resort, she still needed to cook, etc... And I also haven't had any vacation or quality time for myself almost 9 years, so a week in the sun and no worries, sounds to me like a great idea [emoji13] only if mom gets on board [emoji848][emoji120]
Well we'll see [emoji849]
I wouldn't think twice about going to some place warm! Take two weeks and go south! It's going to be nice and warm in Cyprus or the south of Italy and Spain until November. Though Spain is a long way for where you'll be. Take your mum, your beautiful clothes and travel like a star!
I was thinking about your packing problem. If you don't want to take a zillion bags, there's only two ways; you can ship some of your things in advance (the basic, not expensive things for risk of losing them) or you'll suck the air out of some things. We had to get bedding for the whole family in Michigan and my youngest wanted to take his duvet and pillow home. So I bought ziplock bags with vacuum openings and sucked the air out until they were a quarter the size, everything fit into my bags easily, even with the additional clothes I bought. I wouldn't do it to designer clothes, but I can't see how it would do any damage to bulky pullovers, especially if made out of wool. Maybe someone smarter than me will want to chime in and give advice?

packing cubes help as well.
Roll what can be rolled and place in packing cube, fits a lot.
If it can't be rolled, fold it as close to KonMarie style, and packing cube. lol.
You're right. I do that anyways to everything, and I also love how I can just unpack the cubes and put them in the hotel room's drawers when I'm only staying a short while. That way I only have to hang up what really needs to be unfolded.

I wouldn't think twice about going to some place warm! Take two weeks and go south! It's going to be nice and warm in Cyprus or the south of Italy and Spain until November. Though Spain is a long way for where you'll be. Take your mum, your beautiful clothes and travel like a star!
I was thinking about your packing problem. If you don't want to take a zillion bags, there's only two ways; you can ship some of your things in advance (the basic, not expensive things for risk of losing them) or you'll suck the air out of some things. We had to get bedding for the whole family in Michigan and my youngest wanted to take his duvet and pillow home. So I bought ziplock bags with vacuum openings and sucked the air out until they were a quarter the size, everything fit into my bags easily, even with the additional clothes I bought. I wouldn't do it to designer clothes, but I can't see how it would do any damage to bulky pullovers, especially if made out of wool. Maybe someone smarter than me will want to chime in and give advice?

Aww thank you so much Marilyn [emoji173]️
I will take your advice
I am very bummed right now
The only trip I am planning right now is a hurricane Irma [emoji30][emoji19][emoji29][emoji35]
I can't believe it [emoji15] it's so not fair [emoji854]
Everything was done and i was looking forward for the meeting this week and start shopping, but the only shopping I did today, was running looking for supplies and water. Pushed like 100 lbs of staff. I am all hurting and not much help....
Well my DH family, never care , it's nothing new here.
My sister in law talks a lot about it, and do helps,but by time she goes for supplies everything out of the shelves
So I do what I have to do[emoji30]
I really thought that no more problems for me [emoji30][emoji856]
So My hubby's "God father " put shutters already
Oh boy [emoji849]

I'm envious now! Did you get anything? I could imagine you liking their things.
Nope, just the black pants and white cardigan I picked up and shared. I was good haha. I went on opening day and then intended to go back over the course of the week but decided against it. I got everything I needed and the first day I went, didn't see anything else I liked or were pieces I was looking for. The pants and cardigan were replacement pieces for work staples that were getting worn out, so I'm happy!

Aww thank you so much Marilyn [emoji173]️
I will take your advice
I am very bummed right now
The only trip I am planning right now is a hurricane Irma [emoji30][emoji19][emoji29][emoji35]
I can't believe it [emoji15] it's so not fair [emoji854]
Everything was done and i was looking forward for the meeting this week and start shopping, but the only shopping I did today, was running looking for supplies and water. Pushed like 100 lbs of staff. I am all hurting and not much help....
Well my DH family, never care , it's nothing new here.
My sister in law talks a lot about it, and do helps,but by time she goes for supplies everything out of the shelves
So I do what I have to do[emoji30]
I really thought that no more problems for me [emoji30][emoji856]
So My hubby's "God father " put shutters already
Oh boy [emoji849]
Oh no, poor girl, you just don't get a break, do you. I am so sorry and will be thinking of you and Mimmy. Hopefully the storm will pass for you and not just literally.

Reactions: girleuro
Nope, just the black pants and white cardigan I picked up and shared. I was good haha. I went on opening day and then intended to go back over the course of the week but decided against it. I got everything I needed and the first day I went, didn't see anything else I liked or were pieces I was looking for. The pants and cardigan were replacement pieces for work staples that were getting worn out, so I'm happy!
You were good then! I just put two and two together and remembered where I heard about the label first. It was in your very post. Funny, how I really liked your things, but didn't inquire too much about the label and now ended up shopping there. Must have been drawn to it subconsciously...:amuse:

Oh no, poor girl, you just don't get a break, do you. I am so sorry and will be thinking of you and Mimmy. Hopefully the storm will pass for you and not just literally.

Thank you Marilyn [emoji173]️ I know [emoji30]
I hope it's strength weaken . I just don't believe that is going to come [emoji15]
I believe Mimmy should be ok,i think she is further north, but who knows with those storms[emoji849]
But it's pretty big panic here in South Florida. Shelves are empty everywhere. People fighting for things[emoji15]
Everyone do take seriously this one[emoji19]
Praying that I would not be left alone ...
I put my foot down that my hubby would ask our banking family for assistance, so I would have some man help. They strategizing maybe if it's really bad, they will evacuate us
Oh I don't know
Everyone compare this one with Vilma.
It was a decade ago. I remember was very rough one, the only difference was that my hubby was fine then
But I remember we didn't have electricity for about a month [emoji30]

Reactions: Marylin
@girleuro and @Mimmy: I'm thinking of you, hope you've found a safe place to stay.

Thank you Marilyn [emoji173]️
I did. We decided to call ER and go to the hospital this morning
So we are at the hospital
Thank God that we are here.
I don't need to worry about my hubby and also I can get some rest
My back is killing me
I was preparing home for Hurricane since Tuesday Getting supplies. Putting my all Chanel outfits high, in case of flooding and emptying refrigerator and freezers . You know as a chef , I have 3 of them ,so it's so much work
And I hate wasting. I cooked some things. I mixed my frozen berries with water,etc...I tried to do my best
I hope @Mimmy is ok [emoji120] The storm kind of shifted more North,so I believe,that they will get more impact than us,but looking what's going now,and hurricane haven't landed yet in US, it's going to be devastating to all Florida and further other states as well
Praying for all [emoji120]

Thank you Marilyn [emoji173]️
I did. We decided to call ER and go to the hospital this morning
So we are at the hospital
Thank God that we are here.
I don't need to worry about my hubby and also I can get some rest
My back is killing me
I was preparing home for Hurricane since Tuesday Getting supplies. Putting my all Chanel outfits high, in case of flooding and emptying refrigerator and freezers . You know as a chef , I have 3 of them ,so it's so much work
And I hate wasting. I cooked some things. I mixed my frozen berries with water,etc...I tried to do my best
I hope @Mimmy is ok [emoji120] The storm kind of shifted more North,so I believe,that they will get more impact than us,but looking what's going now,and hurricane haven't landed yet in US, it's going to be devastating to all Florida and further other states as well
Praying for all [emoji120]
You did the right thing, I think you're as safe there as can be. thinking of you!