Shopping your own wardrobe and/or really sticking to a budget?

Hi ladies! To answer some questions, I do include sportswear into my budget because I have so much already as it is, and can use them fine, so I feel to keep me in check, I should include them. I don't include undergarments. Basically my rough rule of thumb is if it is something I can get by with something already in my closet, and I'm choosing to add to it, then I take it out of my budget.

For next year, I'm attempting a year ban because I truly really have everything I need. Even that elusive ivory trouser belt I've been hunting down isn't really a need so much as a fashionable wardrobe piece that would work so well, thus I 'need' it. On that note, I will buy it next year if I see it haha. So my exceptions to my ban are to replace real wardrobe staples like black work pants, but overall, if I can get by without something even after they're worn out, I'm really not in a hurry to replace it. To keep my sanity, I'm going to allow 5 items of anything to come in (which will include that belt), that are not wardrobe staples at all, because total restriction isn't good either.

Perhaps looking at it as a ban is the wrong way to go, but rather I'm shifting attention to other parts of my life that need more of my attention in these coming years and shopping tends to distract me.

This sounds well thought out, eggtart! I like that you are allowing wardrobe staples to be replaced. Makes sense to allow yourself 5 items that can be anything, and are in addition to your staple items.

We are in different lives though. You have gone through much more, you're going to have a new life starting soon, so don't feel guilty of your shopping. Enjoy it fully, because I'll be looking forward to the pictures!

I hope I didn't make you feel guilty. Not my intentions at all.

I just feel like I need a break. I love shopping, we all know I do. But I can't keep jumping to the next best thing because I love everything I own and it's become overwhelming.

I've been caught up in the frenzy of needing the next best thing, and I no longer appreciate how truly lucky I am to be owning these items.

I need to go back to where I started, and appreciate everything in life. So I wanted to take a break from the constant shopping and enjoy the things I do have.

That's all.

This ban could just be my more immature outlook on life, or my 30th birthday crisis. Lol but I'm up for a challenge and I'm set to do it the best I can.

But most of you have learned far more lessons than I have. What I choose to do shouldn't have you question your decisions. You have far more experience in the bag than I do. [emoji4] so if a ban seems nuts to you, you have your reasons to believe so.

Bakeacookie 30? You are lucky duck[emoji12][emoji51] what kind of crisis can be at 30?
I loved 30 didn't feel no pain...[emoji12]
Actually at 30 a I was so happy,no designer brands needed. All i was worried about my six pack[emoji38],no I am not talking about alcohol ,I am talking about my midriff [emoji12], I used to spent in gym 3-4 hours a day in very early morning After that going to the beach for a few hours. I was dressing in cropped tops and athletic pants,and sometimes in long sleek dress. At 32 I met my hubby,oh those great days[emoji848][emoji849][emoji13] I was feeling like teenager, I could never buy wine without checking my Id
Even then I turned 40 ,I haven't felt any crisis. But now when I am in upper 40's plus seven years spent in such a hardship and stress,started looking that those years will never come back. And certain wardrobe becomes not appropriate [emoji23][emoji30] And doesn't help that everyone always says that I look like I am in my 30's
That's my dilemma [emoji849][emoji17][emoji854]

Reactions: Mimmy and Marylin
Bakeacookie 30? You are lucky duck[emoji12][emoji51] what kind of crisis can be at 30?
I loved 30 didn't feel no pain...[emoji12]
Actually at 30 a I was so happy,no designer brands needed. All i was worried about my six pack[emoji38],no I am not talking about alcohol ,I am talking about my midriff [emoji12], I used to spent in gym 3-4 hours a day in very early morning After that going to the beach for a few hours. I was dressing in cropped tops and athletic pants,and sometimes in long sleek dress. At 32 I met my hubby,oh those great days[emoji848][emoji849][emoji13] I was feeling like teenager, I could never buy wine without checking my Id
Even then I turned 40 ,I haven't felt any crisis. But now when I am in upper 40's plus seven years spent in such a hardship and stress,started looking that those years will never come back. And certain wardrobe becomes not appropriate [emoji23][emoji30] And doesn't help that everyone always says that I look like I am in my 30's
That's my dilemma [emoji849][emoji17][emoji854]

lol I look old for 30, and I show it severely. So I'm exact opposite situation of you at 30, hence the crisis. I wish I looked young.

Reactions: Marylin
lol I look old for 30, and I show it severely. So I'm exact opposite situation of you at 30, hence the crisis. I wish I looked young.

I know you exaggerate [emoji849] [emoji848] We all women do,so we are too fat or too old...
[emoji17]And if you want look younger,start eating more of live food(plant based, do some fasting and cut sugar out.) Drink lots of lemon water .
Use only natural cosmetics.
And be happy. Happiness is the key to feeling and looking young. [emoji847]

Reactions: Pishi and Marylin
I know you exaggerate [emoji849] [emoji848] We all women do,so we are too fat or too old...
[emoji17]And if you want look younger,start eating more of live food(plant based, do some fasting and cut sugar out.) Drink lots of lemon water .
Use only natural cosmetics.
And be happy. Happiness is the key to feeling and looking young. [emoji847]

Thanks, girleuro! I've been trying to incorporate more veggies in my diet.

I just got a water bottle that has a fruit infuser, so lemon water will be easy peasy.

I did exaggerate, of course, but in my family/culture, the expectations were high. The whole life is set by 30 was absolutely not met, and now I am going nutters trying to figure out life. [emoji23]

Thanks, girleuro! I've been trying to incorporate more veggies in my diet.

I just got a water bottle that has a fruit infuser, so lemon water will be easy peasy.

I did exaggerate, of course, but in my family/culture, the expectations were high. The whole life is set by 30 was absolutely not met, and now I am going nutters trying to figure out life. [emoji23]

Great[emoji847] Lemon is such a great alkalizer Now about pressure and expectations. My family is not happy either. They are very family oriented,but when it comes to my marriage,after my hubby got sick,they told me fairytale is over now you can come home. [emoji849]
And my hubby 's family politicians and very wealthy,but my hubby did all by himself before.Actually when he got sick,we haven't heard or seen them,and they are living in the same area. My hubby has this pressure to prove something to his family. That's not great.when family instead of being there for you,helping,puts pressure for you to figure it out and have high expectations.
You will get sick if you follow this pressure. Just be yourself, it's funny. , don't forget that turtle won the race[emoji12]
So who knows it might take you longer.but you might surpass your family.
My hubby and me just did it. And in a few minutes,It's going to be fun,how his family discounted him,and after he got sick,they wrote him off...[emoji17], but God is unpredictable,and we are surpassing all of them in tenfold [emoji51]

Hi ladies! To answer some questions, I do include sportswear into my budget because I have so much already as it is, and can use them fine, so I feel to keep me in check, I should include them. I don't include undergarments. Basically my rough rule of thumb is if it is something I can get by with something already in my closet, and I'm choosing to add to it, then I take it out of my budget.

For next year, I'm attempting a year ban because I truly really have everything I need. Even that elusive ivory trouser belt I've been hunting down isn't really a need so much as a fashionable wardrobe piece that would work so well, thus I 'need' it. On that note, I will buy it next year if I see it haha. So my exceptions to my ban are to replace real wardrobe staples like black work pants, but overall, if I can get by without something even after they're worn out, I'm really not in a hurry to replace it. To keep my sanity, I'm going to allow 5 items of anything to come in (which will include that belt), that are not wardrobe staples at all, because total restriction isn't good either.

Perhaps looking at it as a ban is the wrong way to go, but rather I'm shifting attention to other parts of my life that need more of my attention in these coming years and shopping tends to distract me.

I also list in my budget the replacement / new items: this year I only bought 5 new items, the rest were replacements.

I started planning what I should add into the wardrobe this year and I keep a "shopping list" in my wallet, it has helped me to keep focus and avoid duplications. Still, I believe in those serendipity moments when all stars are aligned and the perfect item shows up! :smile: I just need to find an afternoon when the shops are empty!

We're having a heatwave right now in the UK, thus I purchased some of my planned Q3 items this week.... a pair of leather & suede sandals and a black dress which I hope I'll be able to layer and use it for winter. Summer here doesn't last for long, I think that with 2/3 short sleeves tops, I will be able to update the office wear! Sad, I know.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 97
I also list in my budget the replacement / new items: this year I only bought 5 new items, the rest were replacements.

I started planning what I should add into the wardrobe this year and I keep a "shopping list" in my wallet, it has helped me to keep focus and avoid duplications. Still, I believe in those serendipity moments when all stars are aligned and the perfect item shows up! :smile: I just need to find an afternoon when the shops are empty!

We're having a heatwave right now in the UK, thus I purchased some of my planned Q3 items this week.... a pair of leather & suede sandals and a black dress which I hope I'll be able to layer and use it for winter. Summer here doesn't last for long, I think that with 2/3 short sleeves tops, I will be able to update the office wear! Sad, I know.

I love that dress.

Reactions: girleuro and Mimmy

That dress is gorgeous, MinaAnais!

Reactions: girleuro