Shopping strategy took a detour!!

sassygee

O.G.
Jul 24, 2009
Caution...long story:biggrin:

Since there has been so many exciting posts about the cruise collection and I was constantly reading that the bags were quickly getting into some stores, I decided to go to my local stores today to see what has actually came in. I went to Tysons Galleria NM first.

Bear in mind that I had just spoken to my SA yesterday who told me that they did not know when to expect the bleu roi caviar jumbo bag. She did mention that managment was told that the Red patent flaps were arriving first. I was informed what position I was on various lists (i.e., #2 for patent red and #1 for caviar blue) and explained in elaborate detail how they handle the waitlists. All bags that are reserved will be given a reasonable amount of time to make contact/ or use CC to hold bags.

Resaonable for Tysons was defined as three days according the NM managment--I am sure with various excpetions depending on the relationship people have established with their SAs.

Interestingly, when I approached the Chanel department I saw my SA with her back turned away from me. I overheard her on the phone leaving a message with someone who had the same name as myself. I gently tapped her on her shoulders and she was started and laughed. She mentioned that she was leaving me a detail message. She told me that management gave all NM SAs permission to call all people on the waitlist for the Red Jumbo. The jumbo will be in the store this week and they were authorized to hold bags for people with CC. Three SAs went to the stockroom and brought three different bags that were the patent red color. The store had the cruise line collectio (multiple colors in the CCs on the bag). I took in my vintage red lamb camera bag into the store to compare colors and it was a little darker than my vintage bag. However, the bag was gorgeous!!! While I don't know when my blue will I arrive I did purchase a red jumbo bag today to be picked up around Wednesday/Thursday this week. All of the promotions were in effect. I got the 6 mos interest deferred and three tiered GC program.

My SA laughed at me since I brought in my GCs that totalled 1200.00 and I was returning a purchase that was 2795.00 I came out being credited money since the jumbo bag was over 3100. Three of the SAs were amazed at the GCs that I received from the past two promotions. Upon leaving the store I overheard all of the SAs frantically calling people who are in the waitlists. Their strategy is similar to that department store in Long Island NY (Hirschfields-spelling unsure). If they have processed CC that will insure that they will get a larger amount of the red patent bags issued to their store since there were not as many bags ordered nationwide as NM had expected. The SA said if someone has paid for the bag they have to accomodate and secure a bag--even if it comes from another store location.

Although I wanted to get the blue first...I couldn't wait.

I did go to Chanel at Tysons and looked at all of the Navy, Black, and Red patent bags. Very nice......

Miche:yahoo::yahoo:

I was informed what position I was on various lists (i.e., #2 for patent red and #1 for caviar blue) and explained in elaborate detail how they handle the waitlists. All bags that are reserved will be given a reasonable amount of time to make contact/ or use CC to hold bags.

And I thought I was #1 on the list for the blue caviar! :lol: No, I have no idea where I am on the list, but I better be on it! I actually have no idea how many blue's they are expecting.
Is this a new system they are implementing? I always just assumed that they only hold a bag for one day anyway, not 3 days. So you have to give them cc info before the bag arrives for them to hold it? I know at Hirsh. I had to pay half for my red jumbo then pay the remaining when the bag arrives in the store. At least this way, I'm guaranteed a bag and it won't be sold to someone else. Hmmmm...I guess I need to contact my NM SA.

Gators:

One can never really be definite about the waitlist and the actutal number you are. I can not say that I saw the actual list as I have at the Chanel boutique. I did not ask to see my name on the list..I am just trust the information that they are sharing. I had ask to be put o the list on the second week of August. When I was there yesterday I do think that I maybe I am high on the list for the blue and I got a feeling that the recession has made an impact on their ability to order.

I spoke with three SAs at different store in the past two months and many of them are mentioning that they are not getting as much stock as they typcially receive (i.e., AZ, FL, and VA). An SA at BG also mentioned this to me last Tuesday night when I called him because his email changed.

Gators, I would call and check. Regarding some official policy. I think the SAs perhaps spoke with the management since many SAs are collectively receiving lots of phone calls regarding the cruise collection. When they explained the process to me I could not discern if this has always been the process (i.e., informally), if they have previously had problems reaching people on the list and that leads to potential conflict etc.... I know one SA, not the one I tradtionally talk to, commented about her own personal experience that I am sure that many SA deal with ... people put themselves on the waitlist and then are not available for almost over a week, make no contact, and expect the bag to be there with no CC hold. I am not sure, I think many TPFers who shop alot and have an established SA know they should visit and make a decision. I wouldn't worry. From my conversation yesterday I got the feeling that Alysse is one of the department lead SAs as all of the other SAs were running and talking to her about strictly Chanel items that were on hold and in stock yesterday. While I was there some people were coming to pick up their items on hold. They more seasonal styles.

I am pretty conservative and have always assumed a waitlist poilicy similar to what you mentioned. I hope this helps.

Miche