Shopping at TJMAXX

Wow ! What a steal!

Sorta off topic but if anyone is familiar with Formula X nail polish (Sephora), I found three-pack sets of full-size polish at Ross Dress for Less for $4.99. The polishes are usually $12 apiece iirc..
Thanks! And that's a really good price for those sephora ones. I haven't tried them though. Is the formula good?
I wish I had a Ross near me but there are none in NY. :sad:

Reactions: chanel_hermes_lover
Thanks! And that's a really good price for those sephora ones. I haven't tried them though. Is the formula good?
I wish I had a Ross near me but there are none in NY. :sad:

Yes! I have a whole bunch I bought for full price..I especially love the glitter/holographic ones.

I've seen formula x at tjmaxx/marshalls but it's 1 bottle for $3.99. I was SO surprised to find it at Ross. Despite seeing these formula x polishes, I usually only see off-brand (brands I don't know anyway) beauty items at Ross.

Yes! I have a whole bunch I bought for full price..I especially love the glitter/holographic ones.

I've seen formula x at tjmaxx/marshalls but it's 1 bottle for $3.99. I was SO surprised to find it at Ross. Despite seeing these formula x polishes, I usually only see off-brand (brands I don't know anyway) beauty items at Ross.
I'll have to try it then! And yess, those off brand ones are a definite no no.

I used to shop at TJMaxx all the time, mostly for household items like towels, linens, sometimes shoes, lingerie. I stopped by a local TJMaxx this evening. Hadn't been to one for years. Seemed like it had changed a great deal since the last time I was there, didn't have much merchandise. Not many shoes. Hardly any lingerie. Specifically I was looking for a pair of New Balance sneakers. They used to carry a lot of those. But they didn't have any, just a couple pair of Sketchers. Is it my imagination or has the chain fundamentally changed?

I dont think its your imagination, I have noticed the same. And I have runway and regular stores located in my area. I have even noticed at the runway stores that even the designer bags they carry seem cheap. The leather seems thinner than the identical bag which you may find in Saks or NM. I do know that they have contracts with some designers to make identical merchandise to sale in there stores. Just like the outlet stores do. But the problem with that is its no longer reflected in the price, so I really dont feel like im getting the same good deals anymore. That is why I stopped shopping TJM a few years ago.

I dont think its your imagination, I have noticed the same. And I have runway and regular stores located in my area. I have even noticed at the runway stores that even the designer bags they carry seem cheap. The leather seems thinner than the identical bag which you may find in Saks or NM. I do know that they have contracts with some designers to make identical merchandise to sale in there stores. Just like the outlet stores do. But the problem with that is its no longer reflected in the price, so I really dont feel like im getting the same good deals anymore. That is why I stopped shopping TJM a few years ago.

My TJMaxx never had terrific bags. Occasionally I'd spot a Dooney but it wasn't identifiable as from one of their main lines. And it would be tacky looking and cheaply made. But the price would be out of this world. So I pretty much stopped shopping there.

Super cheap Korres bath and body products at my local Marshalls ~ 70% off. I saw hand cream, body butter and body scrub.

Still hunting for the NARS nail polishes!! :cool:

I saw korres guava gift sets (shower gel, lotion and hand cream) for $15 and a good amount of NARS nail polish. Both the Pierre Hardy sets and the individual bottles all for $7.99. They're out there!!!