Shopping at TJMAXX

This scares me so much. It's not only tjmaxx or last call but also big department stores like saks and NM. Probably a year or two ago there was a woman who's husband had bought her a pair of CL's from saks. Long story short she made a video and posted it into YouTube. One of her subscribers told her they were fake. She brought them back and they were indeed fake.
In a high end depart store that I am close to, I was talking a sales associate who had said that an inexperienced working took back a "fake" or "factory" moncler jacket!!! Obviously they had to take the loss but SA knew they couldn't sell a products made for factory/outlet because the quality isn't the same. But after hearing that...I wonder how many SA's either don't realize or don't care...

The woman is from northern Virginia, but she did travel all over the US to do the returns (another article stated that she's been to at least 12 different states). There's a dedicated thread for this scammer on the eBay forum with more information. So anyone who's purchasing or have purchased should definitely consider getting the bag authenticated.

Does anyone know if she did returns to TJ Maxx online or only in store? Online purchases come with a purple band on the item that can only be cut off and they don't allow returns without the attached purple band still attached. Also the high end online items can only be mailed back and cannot be returned in store so they are a little more protected. I looked at the eBay forum for the thread about this person and that had a link to another thread where someone called her out for selling a fake bag on eBay. That bag is identical to the Fendi 2 Jours I bought from TJ Maxx online a couple months back.

Does anyone know if she did returns to TJ Maxx online or only in store? Online purchases come with a purple band on the item that can only be cut off and they don't allow returns without the attached purple band still attached. Also the high end online items can only be mailed back and cannot be returned in store so they are a little more protected. I looked at the eBay forum for the thread about this person and that had a link to another thread where someone called her out for selling a fake bag on eBay. That bag is identical to the Fendi 2 Jours I bought from TJ Maxx online a couple months back.

Have your bag authenticated for piece of mind. We don't know what she did. They mentioned the TJ Maxx in Massachusetts but she did her dirty deed across multiple states (12).

Have your bag authenticated for piece of mind. We don't know what she did. They mentioned the TJ Maxx in Massachusetts but she did her dirty deed across multiple states (12).

Thanks I will do that. I probably should have all my TJ purchases authenticated after hearing about this. I also have 2 Ysl bags bought from a Florida store.

+1. I also read somewhere that some TJMaxx returns (in store) are sent to the online warehouse to sell online. Here in Canada, we don't have an online option for Marshalls/Winners but I was told that they often ship items between stores as certain items sell better at particular locations, and I assume they do the same in the US (???).

I was in the East Bay today and stopped by the Moraga TJ Maxx - my first time at that store to see the "runway" section. Here is what I spied:

Fendi 2jours (they had two neutral colors) $1699
Fendi Shearling Light $999

Attachments

• Fendi.jpg
    Fendi.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,463
  • Fendi 2.jpg
    Fendi 2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,366
More bags from the Moraga TJ Maxx:

Gucci (not sure of the style name, but similar to Supreme Tote) $799
Rag & Bone Flight satchel $399

Attachments

• Gucci.jpg
    Gucci.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,897
  • Rag & Bone.jpg
    Rag & Bone.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,323
Designer shoes at TJ Maxx Moraga - most of the shoes were larger sizes, 38.5 +

Gucci T-strap studded toe pumps $249, second markdown
Saint Laurent Jade suede sandal (two colors, several pairs of each) $239, second markdown

Attachments

• S Laurent.jpg
    S Laurent.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Gucci 2.jpg
    Gucci 2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,331
  • Gucci 1.jpg
    Gucci 1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,314
More designer shoes found in the clearance section:

Alexander Wang ankle strap pumps $79
Derek Lam Edria sandals $79
Tod's Jelly T-strap tassel sandal $49

Didn't take photos of all, there was also Trina Turk, Rag & Bone, DVF, etc.

Attachments

• A Wang.jpg
    A Wang.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,846
  • D Lam.jpg
    D Lam.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,880
  • Tods.jpg
    Tods.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,881