Shoplifters at Coach

Jewelry seems to get stolen the most because we can't really put a tag on it. I usually know what's out and can tell that something has gone missing. I don't know why we put it out really, it'd be better in a case.

My sister works in the children's Gap and unfortunately they have the same situation, if they didn't see it, nothing can really been done. One day she noticed women who came in with empty bags and when they left they looked full. But since she and the manager didn't actually see them put anything in the bags, they couldn't do anything. It's really a frustrating situation.

When I worked at Gap, under no circumstances could we go after them. The only way they could get "caught" is if LP caught them. It was really a pain in the butt. At coach we count the jewelry, sunglasses and what not every night. We also have hidden cameras in my store.

gosh some people are just so blatant. I hate shoplifters.

I know this doesn't qualify as the same but I was in Target two days before xmas and this stupid guy was riding one of the bikes up and down the aisle while his stupid friend was recording it on his cell phone. I was pissed cuz he almost hit me and had my kids been with me, he def would have hit them. And worst of all these weren't kids doing this, the guys were prob in their late 20's if not early 30's. SO I went and told a manager right away and they found them and chased them out of the store.

IMO, if I were you, I def would have told a SA sooner when the guy was doing it or maybe followed him around trying to look at the wallets where he was standing to maybe stop him.

I know Coach wants to keep up a certain luxury image, but honestly...putting the items in cases wouldn't change that (IMO).

their watches are kept in cases and more often then not people don't want to "bother" me to have it open and them try it on. so i stand there with it slightly open and usually then they'd love to try on a few if not a dozen.

i've seen macy with the security tags on it and it SUCKS when i try to try on a bag and i can't go very far to the mirror or even take it out from the stand cos the leash is super short.

the SAs there are very few and hops to other displays to cover other pple's shift which i understand but flagging them down isn't easy

anyways.

back to shoplifters. its not only coach that has hit and runs...other places too, i think depending on the time (economically) you'd notice it more. i've had guys straight up lie to my face and say they didn't steal the wallet and break out into a run once the sensor goes off.

i've also had people whose new at stealing give back the item.

and also serial stealers that will grab and run.

My Coach boutique has sensor gates at the front, but I don't know if they sensor tag the product (many places have the sensors at the door for show).

The outlet I go to has these and all the bags have the sensor strips placed in the inside pockets. Thankfully I've never seen the alarms go off while I've been there. :smile: And they always have a SA standing at the door, but no guard.

Life isn't fair, those jerks get away with stealing and the paying guests end up paying in the long run with increased prices.

The SA's at the Camarillo (CA) Outlet told my sister and I that about 2 months ago, a guy was "shopping" around in the store and had 8 bags in his hands. The SA's do try and talk to each and every person who walks through the door (like another Poster had stated), when they get busy they can't "tail" everyone. Although, they kept an eye on him (he seemed suspicious), he ran out with all 8 bags and had a car waiting right in front of the Coach doors! Even though the purses had security tags, it's useless if someone just runs out the door to an awaiting car. Besides, the SA's weren't going to go running after the guy in case he had a gun or something. The SA's complained that they wish they had Security Guards waiting at their door but they don't. Don't know why but I, as a shopper, would feel better too if they had Security Guards!!

their watches are kept in cases and more often then not people don't want to "bother" me to have it open and them try it on. so i stand there with it slightly open and usually then they'd love to try on a few if not a dozen.

i've seen macy with the security tags on it and it SUCKS when i try to try on a bag and i can't go very far to the mirror or even take it out from the stand cos the leash is super short.

the SAs there are very few and hops to other displays to cover other pple's shift which i understand but flagging them down isn't easy

anyways.

back to shoplifters. its not only coach that has hit and runs...other places too, i think depending on the time (economically) you'd notice it more. i've had guys straight up lie to my face and say they didn't steal the wallet and break out into a run once the sensor goes off.

i've also had people whose new at stealing give back the item.

and also serial stealers that will grab and run.

i happened to drive ot USA during macy,s sale. wnated ot buy a coach but after 20 mins of waiting, and no one came, i walked up to customer serivce, told them they lost the sale, and went to lord and taylor instead.

When I worked for Victoria's Secret we were always informed not to try to stop someone who was stealing an item.

I guess a lot of shoplifters try to trick SA's into thinking they are stealing and can then sue the store for harassment. It's horrible. :sad:

We were able to call mall security though if we suspected someone stealing an item, after they left w/a description.

I too worked for Victorias Secret and the managers always told us, there was nothing we could do while they were in the store,because "for all we know they could have just stuck the bra in their purse to have more room to carry things in their arms till they get to the register." BULL!!!!!!