shopgoodwill.com rip off!

They should be ashamed of themselves, I just looked at some of their listings, like the Gucci NWT bags they have on there that they state is authentic, Im no gucci pro but that doesn't look authentic to me especially the tag with the sticky price tag on the back, that looks like the tags on the fake bags at flea markets and such that come from wholesalers and stuff and the sad part is that its already up to $50.

I thought each Goodwill store was independentally owned and operated....kind of makes you wonder about the whole organization and what $$ actually goes to Goodwill corporation. My friends shop at Goodwill stores all the time and have yet to find a person working there to actually know the value of items in the store. My one friend is a major art/crystal lover and knows her stuff. It is kind of funny because the stores in Palm Beach area get major designer/art things and the antique dealers are there every day and get to pick items up to stock their stores at bargin basement prices....one Goodwill store actually dumps things in dumpsters for people to take because they have too many donations and rather dump it then go through it. My one friend met a few people who check the dumpster area and told her they found jewelry, ect.....
I think once the place you dealt with got your money they don't care what they sold you.

Last edited:
They should be ashamed of themselves, I just looked at some of their listings, like the Gucci NWT bags they have on there that they state is authentic, Im no gucci pro but that doesn't look authentic to me especially the tag with the sticky price tag on the back, that looks like the tags on the fake bags at flea markets and such that come from wholesalers and stuff and the sad part is that its already up to $50.

Unless Goodwill put the sticky price tag on themselves, then yes they are fake. All Gucci price tags are hang-tags which are inside the bag itself.

I just wrote an email to them about this bag!! Horrible..and the bid is over $200 now and still has a couple more days. Iv'e already sent them 3 emails regarding stuff (they had a horrible Chloe bag the other day), and nothing seems to happen. They say that the items are authentic but most are not...please be careful if anyone bids on this site. I am going to send a general letter to the goodwill it self, since I think it is all the differnet locations that are posting on the site. They shouldn't be able to get away with it anymore than ebay should!:nuts:

This is a tough one. I have volunteered for a similar type of thrift (donations) type business. Sometimes you simply do not get people that have the knowledge about the product. Definitely they should immediately give your money back and allow you to return the merchandise. There is a toll free number via their site. Check your packaging information and it simply could have been an error. I have seen several listings on eBay where they simply use a stock photo to represent the merchandise, so you don't know what you are getting. I am not sure if the photos represented your product. Best wishes.

So at what point did Louis Vuitton and Burberry decide to breed? lol

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6646741

And who is the poor sap that is willing to pay $45 for this! I really wish there was some means of stopping this site from misleading people and selling fakes.

Yeah I saw that also! Such a shame:yucky::yucky:
I also have bought some great deals on the site ( coach bags, tops, etc) but when it comes to the higher priced designer stuff its tough to authenticate. I have seen several items get pulled and the goodwill staff say it is because "they realized that the item was not authentic" ..

Keep us posted OP, thanks

I guess it never occurred to me to believe that anything coming from Goodwill is actually authentic. Even if their listing said the item was, it's Goodwill...I wouldn't expect to pick up real designer items there.

Once a while ago on Ebay, the Goodwill had a pair of Lanvin flats on sale.
The price was good, but the condition of the shoes were....ugh!!! Some people have a nerve to list such damaged item...

I simply rather not bother with things like that...too much troubles

Hopefully we'll find a good solution to stop this!